The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Shadow hitting me for 50% of hp every single hit?

Herpiederp

Hmm, i guess as a Jedi Shadow, I should revisit my trainer and learn force leap...

OH wait, If you consider yourself the best PVPr on your server and you are confusing classes then I would suggest rerolling on another server, mainly to play against people that are much more skilled with the game mechanics and specifics of each class. You are saying that one class is hitting you for so hard and are referencing skills that the class does not have. Shadow/assasins have one gap closer as deception/infiltration and that is force speed. Depending on spec the CD is 30 secs or 20 seconds. If you see a jedi leaping through the air then you are fighting a Knight/Warrior. Easy way to tell is are they using a doublebladed saber, two one handed sabers or just one main hand saber? Tank spec'd Shadow/assasins do have a force pull as a gap closer.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This can't possibly be balanced.

Yes, Sorcs are strong, but they take time to kill their opponents. There is a Shadow on my server that literally hits me for 1/3 to 1/2 of my hp every single melee swing.

How the HELL is this balanced??

Everyone on the server is complaining. Some people were even saying he might be hacking because he hits everyone for obscene amounts. I obviously don't believe that. The class is just way, way too strong.

I have 14.6k hp and 629 expertise. He is hitting me for 5-6k each hit. I survive 3-4 seconds against him, tops.

Is this the new "balanced"?

I am lvl 50 shadow infiltration spec with almost full champ gear. If I pop my expertise or surge stim and force potency and the other one (I forget right now). I can do a pretty insane amout of damage for 5 hits. CS, CS, project, force breach, spinning strike You are looking at between 12K and 15K damage if everything crits. You are not far off. CS = 1.5K each, project = 2-3K x 2 (if 2 pieces) . Force breach = 2K-3.5K. Spinning Strike 2K-3.5K.

Edited by rgizzie

I am lvl 50 shadow infiltration spec with almost full champ gear. If I pop my expertise or surge stim and force potency and the other one (I forget right now). I can do a pretty insane amout of damage for 5 hits. CS, CS, project, force breach, spinning strike You are looking at between 12K and 15K damage if everything crits. You are not far off. CS = 1.5K each, project = 2-3K x 2 (if 2 pieces) . Force breach = 2K-3.5K. Spinning Strike 2K-3.5K.

Impossible. 2nd project will only deal half the NORMAL DAMAGE (not critical). So it's usually between 500-1000 (500-1500 if you are lucky) from the 2nd stone.

Impossible. 2nd project will only deal half the NORMAL DAMAGE (not critical). So it's usually between 500-1000 (500-1500 if you are lucky) from the 2nd stone.

true... I just have a hard time seeing that other number...lol. So maybe the first hits for 3K and the second hits for 1.5K

Spinning Strike (Kick) - knocks you down

Pop +expertise adrenals, Force Potency, Relic and Battle Readiness (doesn't use GCD)

Clairvoyant Strike - 2x3k (this seems a bit high but probably doable with all the buffs and a 140 weapon)

Project (with Circling Shadows + Upheaval) - 5k crit easily

then either

Force Breach - 3-4K if crit not sure if I can reach 5k

Shadow Strike - 5k close to doable

While all your numbers are in the neighborhood of somewhat inflated, they could be possible with a huge enough expertise advantage.

Your Clairvoyant "2x3k" is pretty much just insane, though... it doesn't even make sense. If it actually hit for 6k combined, there'd be no reason to use any of the other abilities. 2x1.5k would be a realistic big hit from CV...that is if huge expertise advantage and popping all cooldowns and consumables is considered realistic.

And that is the problem with most nerf posts, you come here in a position of ignorance asking for changes to the game and you can't even be bothered to work out what class you were fighting.

no wonder mmos are ****ed.

know your enemy: if you don't even know what class you are fighting how can anyone take your opinion seriously.

I have big problems with the longevity of tors dull as **** pvp but I've never once complained about any kind of class imbalance because there isn't any. It is all down to either l2p issues or in specific settings (ie 8vs8 warzones) imbalance due to class representation, not individual classes.

This +1

If you can't even take a moment to figure out the class you're fighting, then there's no hope for you to even understand the class' abilities and how they work to be assuming a class may be OP for what they can do.

I haven't changed a single mod in any of my gear. I am almost in 100% Champion gear, with only a Centurion belt and 2 Centurion implants.

The thing is, I do much better against most Shadows. I thought it's because they suck and he is much better, or maybe he figured out a spec that does this sort of damage.

I'm not trolling. There is a Shadow on our server that everyone complains about. He hits - non stop - for absurd amounts of damage. I see 2x3k hits, then a 4 or 5k crit, then another 5k crit, all within a 4-5 second window. That is my entire health bar in 5 seconds. I can kite him for the 20sec it takes for his cds to drop, and he still walks up and literally as soon as he touches me, I'm at 50% hp no questions asked.

Either he is hacking, or he is using a spec that people aren't using. I'm not trolling, I'm not exaggerating. This is 100% true.

I will not give his name, because there is no way I'm making that ******* famous.

OH!!! what your saying is that because this guy is better than you, the class is OP.or he is hacking the game, Wow arragant much? and so what if he is using a spec no one else is thats his fault too? basically you are saying nerf the class because i am fail against this guy, instead of whining about it, play better.

7K per swing? Not quite.

That said, I just specced from a Hybrid Tank spec to Inful recently, and man...the burst a Shadow can deal out is pretty high. It's not quite the big numbers, its more of how easy it is to string multiple big hits together.

- Spinning Kick to open with a 2 sec knockdown

- 2x Clarvoint Strike

- Pop CDs

- Project / Force Breach / Shadow Strike x 2

- If they are still alive, Spinning Strike.

Getting the Project and Force Breach to crit is fairly easy with Force Potency, if at least 1 of the 2 Shadow Strikes crit, you will have taken the opponent down to about 30% fairly easily.

The problem is that after this is done, the Shadow is pretty much out of force and a DPS specced shadow cant take even a 1/3rd of the beating as their Kinetic counterparts.

I am known on the server that I'm one of the hardest to kill and one of the best in pvp. No one has ever beaten me in a duel since 50, and everyone on the server now knows it. The only time I'm ever killed in a WZ is when it's 2 or 3 vs 1 and I'm stun locked, and even then I usually survive a 3v1 somehow.

So, take you condescending bs and screw off. I'm not some tunnel-vision moron that is unaware of my surroundings. I usually win 2v1s because I'm more than fast enough to switch between targets to interrupt heals, etc.

To answer your question, yes, I was aware of everyone around me. Only he was hitting me.

so now we've gone from that quote, to the fact that you can't tell a shadow (double-bladed LS) from a knight (single bladed LS or DW).

Outstanding.

I'll stop, now. I really appreciate the entertainment, though.

Edited by AcerLerxt

He's probably stacking buffs like the others are suggesting, but I've also found that I die ridiculously fast to good assassins and operatives on my sage if I stand still while they wind up on me. There's a good chance that even if you do get away from him that he's going to catch and hurt you, but if you use every trick that you have to annoy him then you might survive long enough to get help.

I know it sounds lame that the stealthers are a pain in the *** for us clothies, but we have a ton of abilities that let us control the flow of the battle around us:

A nearly spammable slow (or two depending on the spec), a ranged stun, a ranged interrupt, a sprint, an aoe knockback (which can be specced to root as well), a bubble (which can be specced to incapacitate when it pops), healing spells, a spell that makes our spells nearly an auto-crit (this one is fun to use with our small heal against stealthers), and a pile of ranged spells that can reallly annoy our opponents.

If he still manages to get to you and kill you with all of those abilities, then he deserves the kill. Sages/Sorcs have a lot of fun in the wzs right now and it's nice to have a rock to our scissors to keep things challenging in the wzs. It's pretty sad, though, that it takes an exceptionally geared stealther choosing the perfect storm moment for it to really get ugly for our classes.

I think I'm starting to get the OP argument here. It's not the damage, it's the gigantic bag of tricks.

While all your numbers are in the neighborhood of somewhat inflated, they could be possible with a huge enough expertise advantage.

Your Clairvoyant "2x3k" is pretty much just insane, though... it doesn't even make sense. If it actually hit for 6k combined, there'd be no reason to use any of the other abilities. 2x1.5k would be a realistic big hit from CV...that is if huge expertise advantage and popping all cooldowns and consumables is considered realistic.

Yeah, I said seems a bit high myself. Maybe a little bit more than "a bit". I am only 26 valor, so I have no BM and not even full champ. I'm not sure what a fully decked BM can hit with CS.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

I think I'm starting to get the OP argument here. It's not the damage, it's the gigantic bag of BS.

fix'd.

Now, looking at the OP's title and reading through the tread, let's just answer his question:

"Jedi Shadow hitting me for 50% of hp every single hit?"

The answer is "No."

As for the condescension, reap what you sow, OP. We're not morons for suggesting that you are exaggerating your "facts" when the opponent you describe is using abilities that a shadow does not have, when your HP is quite a bit lower than it would be for a player who is "known as the hardest to kill on the server," and the damage numbers you quote range from impossible to unsustainable. In spite of you trolling us, we've actually taken the time to provide clear information.

To that end--thanks for the thread, guys, I've actually had a few specifics of gameplay mechanics cleared up in my own mind through all of this!

He's saying you use clairvoyant strike twice to build project buff. Each one hit's a total of 3k.

Odd things i have seen in PvP:

I have been struck for a quarter of my health every single hit from SOME players. This is unusual as most players are not capable of doing this to me but I noted in some matches it would always be the same player, every single hit.

Today in a match, There was an operative that stood still, I wailed on him, he wasn't dying due to some manner of heals, that's fine but, I'm behind him in his little shield thing and i've built lots of focus and ...Force Kick is -Greyed out-. What the hell is that about? And this went on for a good 10-12 seconds.

I used saber throw on an enemy and he was NOT frozen in place, not even for a second and yes, my skills are set so it applies a 100% chance of immobilize. They didn't even pause to use a break-free power. Again, what's this?

This can't possibly be balanced.

Yes, Sorcs are strong, but they take time to kill their opponents. There is a Shadow on my server that literally hits me for 1/3 to 1/2 of my hp every single melee swing.

How the HELL is this balanced??

Everyone on the server is complaining. Some people were even saying he might be hacking because he hits everyone for obscene amounts. I obviously don't believe that. The class is just way, way too strong.

I have 14.6k hp and 629 expertise. He is hitting me for 5-6k each hit. I survive 3-4 seconds against him, tops.

Is this the new "balanced"?

With 9% expertise and armor pen talents, my shadow's hardest hits are about 4kish

that is not a reason to allow a class to have this much damage AND this much damage mitigation.

The only time I'm ever killed in a WZ is when it's 2 or 3 vs 1 and I'm stun locked, and even then I usually survive a 3v1 somehow.

So, umm, that made me laugh, in one post "omg no one should be able to blah blah" then your next post "I do that which I said no one should!!".

So a dude kills you 1v1 and you cry nerf, you win 3v1 and think it's perfectly fine? Hrm....

He is either clueless or a troll, in either case ignore him.

He can go back to get totally wtfbbqomgowned by force jumping shadows. :rolleyes:

Oh and OP, you're just lucky he didn't soften you up with some Tracer Missile spam before he Force Jumped in and Smashed then started spamming Assassinate on you. Man I hate when Shadows do that to me. :D