Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

64 bit client

Facadas

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you are either new, don't play much, or have an interesting view of reality...

Lets see here... Nightmare loot tables have been broken for how long? Won't be fixed for another month? Two major events in December were broken and unable to be fixed? Class mission stopping bug in the game for weeks?

And you all think a 64-bit client and/or DX11 are even REMOTELY options?

Please, pass whatever you're all smoking...

There is zero chance this is going to happen.

• 3 weeks later...
This is never going to happen, and an engine change is even less likely.

Yep... Look at the problems today with 4.1 and the bugs and broken parts. they can't launch a basic content patch without a 7 hour disaster, and you think a new client and/or engine are going to happen?

• 3 months later...

The advantages of a 64-bit client would be large for Multi-tasking, taking advantage of multiple CPU cores, memory management, and the video sub-system.

My system has 8 cores, 24 gigs of ram, and SLI video cards. None of this is taken advantage of by a 32-bit client.

It would be a great improvement on my system to run all 64-bit programs. I have replaced most of the old 32-bit clients years ago, but, this is one I have been forced to live with because I like the game.

Please address this.

My system has 8 cores, 24 gigs of ram, and SLI video cards. None of this is taken advantage of by a 32-bit client.

Use of cores is not determined by the choice of 32-bit versus 64-bit programs. A 32-bit client *designed* to use as many cores as it can get its hands on will use all eight of your cores, while a 64-bit client that runs only two threads will make effective use of just two cores.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.