Devs claim to listen to community?

goskins

One of the biggest concerns of the "community they are listening to" are the mirror imbalances. All of which favor empire btw.

There is a 100+ page thread in pvp and dozens of other threads everywhere ALL over forums and they have not even mentioned it once.

Are they just trying to ignore this and hope it goes away?

well considering there really is no imbalance in pvp except the skill of players and their teams I do not think there is a way fro them to fix it. Mostly from what I have seen is that people from games like wow expect pvp classes to be neutral balanced which is not the case here or in a pvp centric game (yes I know this is a pve centric game). I am rather glad, and find it more challanging, that i have to know now only my class strengths and weakness but all of the classes while at the same time understanding the tactics require to win a wz and operate as a team. Edited by Baaddare

well considering there really is no imbalance in pvp except the skill of players and their teams I do not think there is a way fro them to fix it. Mostly from what I have seen is that people from games like wow expect pvp classes to be neutral balanced which is not the case here or in a pvp centric game (yes I know this is a pve centric game). I am rather glad, and find it more challanging, that i have to know now only my class strengths and weakness but all of the classes while at the same time understanding the tactics require to win a wz and operate as a team.

While I do think that pvp shouldn't be on their #1 priority list right now at this moment, what you're talking about is not what this post is about.

Example:

Bounty hunter DFA damage is faster than Trooper's volley.

Jedi sage's project is slower than sith inquisitor's shock (the moment that it applies damage)

And there are a few more.

How is YOU many others rolling Empire Biowares fault?

Bout time you minks took responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming Bioware because that is the easier option.

Toughen up kid, be a responsible adult. Can't hide behind mum all your life

Edited by SirSlayAlot

im done with it to be honest, im voting with my feet and dropping subscription, I'll look at star wars the old warcraft in a years time,

pvp is impossable as republic, plus many of us missed the battlemaster gear exploit (took two of my friends 1 week to get what will take me 6 months plus)

but honestly if it continues to be wow... ill never come back.

Bout time you minks took responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming Bioware because that is the easier option.

has nothing to do with population imbalance. Were talking about class imbalances such as :

Smugglers root THEMSELF while using dirty kick, Agent's mirror move does not.

One of the biggest concerns of the "community they are listening to" are the mirror imbalances. All of which favor empire btw.

There is a 100+ page thread in pvp and dozens of other threads everywhere ALL over forums and they have not even mentioned it once.

Are they just trying to ignore this and hope it goes away?

Simple solution to faction imbalance, everyone that plays Empire go make a Republic toon RIGHT NOW.

While I do think that pvp shouldn't be on their #1 priority list right now at this moment, what you're talking about is not what this post is about.

Example:

Bounty hunter DFA damage is faster than Trooper's volley.

Jedi sage's project is slower than sith inquisitor's shock (the moment that it applies damage)

And there are a few more.

They are 100% identical in terms of effect, just the appearance makes it seem to be broken.

I am not just claiming this for no reason...

46 Commando and 50 Mercenary...

The damage starts at the same time on both abilities, but with the BH it flows with a very obvious animation so the lead-in isn't as obvious.

The Trooper has an animation for lead-in as well, to make it balanced with the BH DFA, but it is not as obvious(he just kinda fiddles with the gun and then braces). This makes it SEEM like the trooper one is bugged and should be firing much faster.

Try both, the damage occurs slightly more than 50% through the channel bar. It is somewhere around 55% done casting with 0 alacrity, before damage will occur, on EITHER character.

I assumed the Commando Mortar Volley was bugged as well, until I played a BH and noticed the same thing happens if you just watch the channel bar and damage numbers, ignoring the animations involved.

I don't know for sure, OP, but I suspect it might be partly because people keep making threads saying the mirror classes are all unblanaced in favour of the Empire version yet very rarely give any specific examples.

Granted one person in this thread did actually give a couple, which have been subsequently debated, but when most people just go "SORCS ARE BROKEN COMPARED TO MY SAGE" with no details is it any wonder it's taking them a while to get back to you?

The trick with all of these things is to be as specific as possible. Preferably having had experience of both sides of the mirror (which I'm going to suggest very few people actually do).

One thing at a time grasshoppa. There are more important issues than pvp that need to be addressed first.

Then why has every patch since release revolved around balancing PvP?

OP is actually right.

Guards/juggs have been screaming about their bad AoE capabilities for months before release and the devs still don't even acknowledge the issue. Afterall, its just a PvE issue right.

I'm sorry, but I think they meant"watch" Community, the tv show. Because they definitly don't listen.

Edited by dargor-

Here's what we got.

<Give stupid hats for Jedi Consular.

<Doom all Jedi Knights with hoods closed, despite the way its shown in videos before the game is released.

<Shock-project issue.

As a friend here reminded me:

Smugglers root THEMSELF while using dirty kick, Agent's mirror move does not.

I think there is a couple more i don't know about.

Empire/Republic ratio favors the Empire ?

U DON'T SAY ???

Anyway, BW pretty much staged this awkward numbers of Empire/Republic ratio.

Edited by Hakkology

"We're listening" doesn't mean "we'll fix it instantly". Some problems take time to address, stop having unrealistic expectations.

Their fixes have been coming in way slower than I've ever seen from any MMO at launch.

I don't think the peoples displeasure with this is unrealistic at all. I don't see people expecting "instant" fixes either, as you say.

I don't think this game was ready for release, but that's just my opinion based on what I see. You may see something different, but do not just blow off others opinions so easily because subscribers are what keep this game alive. People aren't going to wait around for a year for things to be fixed when it is costing money every month. I want to see this game succeed!

Also, this isn't directed at you specifically, but others in the forums. Don't take it personally, or make it personal by insulting people just because they aren't satisfied.

There is irony to people calling others cry babies (hopefully I don't have to explain the reasons behind that.)

I don't know for sure, OP, but I suspect it might be partly because people keep making threads saying the mirror classes are all unblanaced in favour of the Empire version yet very rarely give any specific examples.

Should people break out the complete list every single time it's brought up?

Granted one person in this thread did actually give a couple, which have been subsequently debated, but when most people just go "SORCS ARE BROKEN COMPARED TO MY SAGE" with no details is it any wonder it's taking them a while to get back to you?

The trick with all of these things is to be as specific as possible. Preferably having had experience of both sides of the mirror (which I'm going to suggest very few people actually do).

How is a 90+ page thread complete with videos detailing the damage tick break down against casting bar, videos of fluidity of Delibitate versus Dirty Kick, not specific enough?

There are videos detailing second by second breakdwon of Project and the Empire equivalent and the shortcomings of the differences.

Nothing is broken, but all these "minor" situational advantages do add up and do in fact make a difference. "Skill" only goes so far. Given everything being equal, then yes, the Operative, Sorc, and Bounty Hunter have the slight edge. In a competitive environment, be it gaming, or racing, an edge does matter.

People aren't asking for nerfs, they are asking for parity. If the classes are supposed to be mirrors, then make them so. If they are not, then they should go the route of WAR and make some of the "mirror" classes different.

I played a Marauder and Bounty Hunter in Beta. I currently have 50 Sentinel, and an Operative, a Scoundrel, and a Sage, and a Sorc. I defintely can see some of the differences in PvP. Generally, these deviations occur under very specific circumstances, but when they do occur, it makes me wonder how incompetent their class development team is.

Cool down on Smuggler Flash Grenade - 90 sec

Cool down on IA Flash Bang - 60 sec

As mentioned in this thread, Dirty Kick roots a Smuggler, but Debilitate does not root an IA.

The issue with Consular vs Inquisitor is SI Shock applies the damage/stun instantly, while JC Project has a delay of almost 1 sec. TBH I like the delay on my Shadow, because it gives me more time to get behind my target and use positionals, but most people don't it seems.

Edited by ChicksDigHarleys

Imbalance? Come on, that's ludicrous! Only thing about pvp that's "imbalanced" is the number of geared and skilled people on one side and the classes they've picked. If you're running in as a green-geared gunslinger and you're met with 5-6 purple-geared vanguards, be prepared for mayhem and your face being splattered all over the scenery.