People are exaggerating the few problems SWTOR has.

ValaxDarkseer

I think it's absolutely hilarious that people complain SO much about how SW:TOR is a WoW clone.... and they want things to be different than WoW... yet here we are, complaining more about how they want features in the game that WoW has. Do you not listen to yourselves? Total contradiction of what you all whined about in the beginning.

I absolutely LOVE that there is no LFG or crossrealm PvP. You actually have to be social! OH NOES! WoW didn't have those options until when? How did we ever cope without it?! Or are most of you Wrath babies and didn't know that we had to walk to Warsong Gulch uphill both ways with boars nipping our heals? I see nothing wrong with working to get a group together, socializing with strangers in the game and making new friends. I see nothing wrong with upholding a good and respectable reputation on your server so that you can enjoy the game as it stands. What does that mean? It means don't be a dick.

Stop crying that SW:TOR is a WoW clone if all you want is WoW features.

Well said! If you want WoW, go back to WoW. Though I do miss a flying mount....:)

As an ex Hunter, Mako is cooler than my Wolf.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the game, the concept behind it, and what BioWare was shooting for. However, you don't get graded based on what u wanted to do, you get graded on how you executed that goal. Personally I don't see the immersive story-telling. Look at the SI story for instance:

You gather relics then fight your master, then you gather ghost souls (really?!) and go fight your master

Most of the other stories are the same kind of let down after chapter one (I've played consular, bh, si, trooper, and smuggler). As far as replayability goes besides the class quests nothing changes...Even if you switch factions you do the SAME QUESTS on what is basically a copy and pasted version of the other factions side of the map with lighter or darker overtones. This is if you can even remember the story behind what you are doing during your 15-20 minute debarkation/embarkation process (shuttle to dock to hanger to ship) or during your upwards of 20-30 minute speeder rides around going to the quest sight or during the 3 downtimes a week we have for them to patch, repatch, and then emergency patch the servers. The game seems like everything you want it to be until you hit about lvl30 where the story starts to wander and the leveling becomes grinding, I give them an A for vision but a D- for execution.

BTW my friend lost his blinders today when he fell through the map after completing a class quest on Hoth and has been left to die under the map by customer service...

This is a great point and I feel the same way. The storytelling is only mildly interesting, I would have loved for it to go a lot further, and the re playability is really abysmal. Also, people seem to think the 200 million budget went to voice acting and music. I promise you it didn't. The majority of the budget went into advertising, which is what EA is really good at, and it worked! The games huge launch was due to a very successful PR.

It's okay if it doesn't work for you. It works for me and my guild and that's what matters most when we all login. But it would be nice if they had a few live GMs available for game freezing situations like that. Though I've yet to meet a circumstance where /stuck didn't work - including jumping off a Nar Shaddaa speeder platform.

Yea he tried logging out and in and /stuck and none of them worked. He told CS and they replied with a copy and pasted message twice in a row stating "just use /stuck herp-derp" Rediculous

The lack of anything x-server is %100 intentional.

Turning the game into meaningless encounters with people you’ll never meet again = bad community = poor player interaction.

Thankfully, chat bubbles should help with the “You talking to me?” comments which riddle General Chat.

What's so very frustrating to those of us who really wanted this game is that we see it's potential. Space combat could have been amazing, instead it's mediocre and only massive redesign could make it truly enjoyable instead of just ok (not bashing space, it's just a shadow of what it could have been). WZ's, voidstar for example, nothing new really, but it's fun, and I love that bolster makes you viable in pvp the whole time you play, not just at the top of brackets, but the spawn points in voidstar are literally right on top of the cop points. As such defenders only lose if they are not paying attention, making it an unusable map for any real ranked competitiveness. Even the class stories are a shadow of what they could have been.

These are just small examples of the many things that could have made this one of the greatest games of all time. Instead the developers shot for mediocre, and barely made that.

The lack of anything x-server is %100 intentional.

Turning the game into meaningless encounters with people you’ll never meet again = bad community = poor player interaction.

Thankfully, chat bubbles should help with the “You talking to me?” comments which riddle General Chat.

I supposed you dont play on one of the many servers where there are only 30 people on the fleet at during peak hours...

Is swtor missing almost every decent feature modern mmo's have and that people take for granted? (server transfers/forums/cross server bg's, instances/in game, out of game re-customization) Sure, does it have more bugs then my ant farm? sure. Isn't it missing more graphical configuration then it has? sure.

But guys come on...can't we all just accept what we're given without complaint?

Wont sticking our heads in the sand be far better then trying to get problems addressed?

Ha ha QFT, I've filed more bug reports/complaints since the game went live than the entire 6 months I was in beta; which, is a ridiculous amount I should add. The last time I saw this much disappointment in a IP titled MMO it didn't do so hot. STO anyone?

Edited by nobadee

I supposed you dont play on one of the many servers where there are only 30 people on the fleet at during peak hours...

This, I'm on a high pop server. My dps SI at 50 who is guilded can find a group but it takes about an hour. My trooper is admittedly unguilded, but has never once been able to get into a group despite trying a lot. Peak hours fleet is at most 70.

Edited by Tandrius

Does SWTOR have problems and the occassional bug? Of course. Every game does. WoW had way more bugs than SWTOR at launch but did any of you complain about that? Prolly not

My point is that most of the problems being mentioned are likely greatly exaggerated and in some cases have been made up entirely by trolls (fake ban posts for example). Most performance issues are on the users end because of low end computers as Bioware has already stated.

Please stop complaining about problems which are not Biowares fault or will soon be fixed. They are working hard and gave us one of the greatest MMO's ever made (with the best story by far btw :jawa_biggrin: )

Well a lot of petty and pathetic people here want the game to fail and have made it their mission to try to get people to quit,which is why you see the "this game sucks" and "I'm quitting" threads posted by the same people day after day.

Agreed! For 200 million, I could have this game running with no bugs. Plus what is up with the world not being fully open? GTA was years ago when it intro'd open world environments. Every MMO since WOW has been wide open (except maybe DDO?).

The story is great, the voice acting is very enjoyable; I even like the quests and how they are introduced and how they flow.

But: How come I can't abandon quests? How come I cant see my toolbar in combat? How come sometimes I have no eyes or my lightsaber is invisible in cut scenes? Why is it that I have to search for a server that has a population of more than 50 people?

More importantly, why did I waste 41 bucks for the next three months of poorly constructed gaming?

Wow is boring and stale, but at least it works. I know, I know, this game is still new, blah blah blah.

200 MILLION DOLLARS!!! 6 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT!!!! HOW CAN IT BE SO BROKEN AND UNFINISHED AFTER ALL THAT TIME AND RESOURCES???

I tried to read through every page of this thread but this gem was too good to pass up.

WOW was the beginning of games like this. The themepark game. WOW is not as open-ended as you think. Sure you can wander around to different areas, but you can do the same in TOR as well. You can go to Illum when you're level 16 (or whatever level you get your ship) and planets are pretty big once you leave Coruscant or DK. Not sure why people are whining so much about not being able to explore. You can go a lot of places, you just have to take the blinders off and go.

I can abandon quests, how come you can't? Just go into mission log, select the quest and abandon it. Are you saying that some quests can't be abandoned? Because that's a very different statement than "I can't abandon quests." What toon are you playing that you can't see your toolbar in combat? Never seen this issue before, but I'm only playing 4 classes so maybe I'm not playing the right one to have this issue happen.

It's not hard at all to find a server with more than 50 people on it. I'm pretty sure every server has more than 50 people on it... well, maybe denefestrator at 4am has only 50. Last weekend at 2pm central there were 12 servers which were not listed as heavy load. I think there are a lot of poeople playing. Are you uposet because the number showing in the upper left is under 50? that's on your current planet, not the entire server.

You have listed no bugs in your post, yet say this game doesn't work. Oh, wait, you did list some bugs around how your lightsabre looks in a cutscene. All you do is talk about how for 200 million dollars you would have made a better game that works. Not sure what's not working about the game. Most of your problems seem to be user error or your own uninformed opinion.

to be sure, there are bugs in this game. Most of the "gamebreaking" bugs coming out are around PvP and, lets face it, like most games the focus of the game in development was more PvE based so the PvP guys get screwed again. It doesn't affect me because I don't often PvP but I would be remiss if I didn't mention bugs iin PvP. But the bugs which cause parity issues are far more important than not getting credit for your daily. Sorry, but I could never see this as a major issue.

Some people have ctd issues, patcher issues, fps issues, lag issues. etc. These aren't necessarily gamebreaking either. Why? Because if only a small % of people experience those issues, yeah, it's gamebreaking for you, but not for anyone else. I built my PC 3 years ago on a budget and it's a piece of crap compared to some rigs people are running. Yet I've never had a CTD, even in beta, never had a patcher issue except once in beta, I have had a few lag issues, but not many FPS is generally good, though Taris is giving me some issues. Am I lucky? Doubtful. Am I better at building a computer than you? Certainly not.

I think some issues are blown out of proportion. What effects you MUST be affecting everyone else, right? So people make blanket statements or jump on a bandwagon when issues come up. Forums are for complaining, so the OP needs to get used to it. It's the only place where discourse can be had about flaws in the game. Make no mistake, there are flaws. The problem for the dev team is figuring out which flaws are real and which are exaggerated so they can assign a proper priority to fix those issues. Anyone can say that operations don't work. But have you been on one yourself that didn't work? Have you done them multiple times? Was the result always the same. "It's broken!" doesn't help anyone.

Well a lot of petty and pathetic people here want the game to fail and have made it their mission to try to get people to quit,which is why you see the "this game sucks" and "I'm quitting" threads posted by the same people day after day.

Don't worry, most of us have unsubbed and are just waiting around for it to finish up.

But maybe, just maybe, we wished we could stay. Maybe we wished BW would wake up, fix some things and give us a reason to resub.

Call us petty all you want, but when subs go down everyone loses. I can speak for myself that if BW fixed major quest bugs, major wz bugs, added a LFD tool, or at least implemented legacy now with some ability to drastically reduce alt grind time, I would resub right now. If BW even communicated that these were on high priority with some kind of timeline I would give them one more month.

I'm sure the rest of the disgruntled community has a similar list of "just fix this one thing..."

We're not your enemies, stop belittling us, and don't be afraid to ask the company you paid and are paying to do their job.

Don't worry, most of us have unsubbed and are just waiting around for it to finish up.

Aye, end of the month I'm out of here... and conveniently I've been given a free month by Age of Conan from the end of February so will try out that game again.

But maybe, just maybe, we wished we could stay. Maybe we wished BW would wake up, fix some things and give us a reason to resub.

Call us petty all you want, but when subs go down everyone loses. I can speak for myself that if BW fixed major quest bugs, major wz bugs, added a LFD tool, or at least implemented legacy now with some ability to drastically reduce alt grind time, I would resub right now. If BW even communicated that these were on high priority with some kind of timeline I would give them one more month.

I'm sure the rest of the disgruntled community has a similar list of "just fix this one thing..."

We're not your enemies, stop belittling us, and don't be afraid to ask the company you paid and are paying to do their job.

I call shenanigans. If you really wanted certain things to be fixed then you would post threads that are actually informative and constructive as opposed to the "this game sucks and I quit" threads, which serve no purpose other than to try to get other people to quit too. Just man up and admit you want the game to fail. lol If i were BW, I would have already banned people like you long ago.

This game had one of the biggest development budgets in the history of gaming. One would think it should have been one of the best games ever made based on that alone.

Yet all we get is a skeleton of a WoW game made 8 years ago missing all the good features... oh and a BW story!

It's a 'decent' single player game but fails completely as an MMO. In a few months when even the most hardcore of Star Wars fans realizes how completely average and underwhelming this game is, and actually go out of their way to go look at some GW2 footage and gameplay/information, they will realize that this will go down as one of the biggest failures in the history of gaming.

Aye, end of the month I'm out of here... and conveniently I've been given a free month by Age of Conan from the end of February so will try out that game again.

I can't wait.... Maybe we can finally have more good threads on the forum once the annoying people are gone.

This game had one of the biggest development budgets in the history of gaming. One would think it should have been one of the best games ever made based on that alone.

Yet all we get is a skeleton of a WoW game made 8 years ago missing all the good features... oh and a BW story!

It's a 'decent' single player game but fails completely as an MMO. In a few months when even the most hardcore of Star Wars fans realizes how completely average and underwhelming this game is, and actually go out of their way to go look at some GW2 footage and gameplay/information, they will realize that this will go down as one of the biggest failures in the history of gaming.

lol No one cares about your kiddie mmo (wow) or your crap game that most people have never heard of (gw) so feel free to get out and go play those god awful games.

I call shenanigans. If you really wanted certain things to be fixed then you would post threads that are actually informative and constructive as opposed to the "this game sucks and I quit" threads, which serve no purpose other than to try to get other people to quit too. Just man up and admit you want the game to fail. lol If i were BW, I would have already banned people like you long ago.

Learn to read, I just did post what I wanted them to fix. And I preordered the game the first day possible, I had swtor backgrounds to my pc, the whole 9 yards. I was more excited by this game than I have been for any game I can remember.

But I'm sure you know better.

Does SWTOR have problems and the occassional bug? Of course. Every game does. WoW had way more bugs than SWTOR at launch but did any of you complain about that? Prolly not

My point is that most of the problems being mentioned are likely greatly exaggerated and in some cases have been made up entirely by trolls (fake ban posts for example). Most performance issues are on the users end because of low end computers as Bioware has already stated.

Please stop complaining about problems which are not Biowares fault or will soon be fixed. They are working hard and gave us one of the greatest MMO's ever made (with the best story by far btw :jawa_biggrin: )

You have no point - because you're using terms such as:

"most of the problems being mentioned are LIKELY"

The game has a bunch of problems, there's a thread around here that has a huge list of documented issues with this game. For you to run around like an ankle biting cheerleader and claim the game is fine with only "occasional bugs" is simply moronic.

Learn to read, I just did post what I wanted them to fix. And I preordered the game the first day possible, I had swtor backgrounds to my pc, the whole 9 yards. I was more excited by this game than I have been for any game I can remember.

But I'm sure you know better.

You can say that all you want but your actions speak volumes...

Yea because a customer service department that can't even bother to give you a non copy-paste response would definitely read such a thread a take action...The only threads they seem to care about are the "NERF X HARD I'M SO 1337 LEET HAXOR AND I CAN'T BEAT IT herp-derp"