Consensus on Combat Medic PvP build?

ZyrenDelacroix

I recently started leveling a Commando, and I want to focus on healing in PvP. I have been looking around the forum and have yet to find sufficient information about Combat Medic PvP.

What is the main build to use if I want to be full Combat Medic?

What is the typical build for hybrid Combat Medic/Gunnery where Grav Round is grabbed?

What stats should I be going for in PvP? Accuracy, Alacrity, Power, Crit, Surge?

Any tips you want to share about healing in PvP as a Combat Medic?

Thanks for any input!

I would rather use HS on opponent than people to rebuild cells as soon as any DPS figures your healing they are going to target you. Im not fully lvled so cant really comment on builds. I would be interested in hearing what other people have to say. I try stay out a bit if I have to go in the middle of it because of LOS turn I turn on my shield helps a lot, amp/mp rotation as much as possible for ammo kolto bomb while moving or when scc is on for buff. Always build up cells before battle. Edited by marrstu

I recently started leveling a Commando, and I want to focus on healing in PvP. I have been looking around the forum and have yet to find sufficient information about Combat Medic PvP.

What is the main build to use if I want to be full Combat Medic?

What is the typical build for hybrid Combat Medic/Gunnery where Grav Round is grabbed?

What stats should I be going for in PvP? Accuracy, Alacrity, Power, Crit, Surge?

Any tips you want to share about healing in PvP as a Combat Medic?

Thanks for any input!

The best "build" is subjective. I personally feel that in most situations the full 31 points in Medic is best although for soloing the hybrid build is a bit better.

The typical hybrid build is 24/17/0.

In PvP I have found stacking Crit/Surge is best. Alacrity is stacked in almost all of our gear but even with 150 you only get like 5% and it's only useful with a single skill.

I will be posting a video soon, i'll be sure to link it.

The best "build" is subjective. I personally feel that in most situations the full 31 points in Medic is best although for soloing the hybrid build is a bit better.

The typical hybrid build is 24/17/0.

In PvP I have found stacking Crit/Surge is best. Alacrity is stacked in almost all of our gear but even with 150 you only get like 5% and it's only useful with a single skill.

I will be posting a video soon, i'll be sure to link it.

24/17 isn't meant for soloing. It's meant for utility, more specifically it's VERY good against melee-heavy teams or in Huttball.

For soloing/survival against a "balanced" team your best bet is 31/10.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRMRdcdkqZrck.1

That's what I use for PvP healing. Also works well enough for PvE ops healing.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRMRdcdzZrIk0R0z.1

What I would go for as hybrid.

As for stats, Aim > Power > Crit > Surge > Alacrity. When focusing on healing, you don't want to rely on getting crits. As for the damage side, there's really no points left for the "On-crit" skills so crit isn't as important as it is for pure damage spec.

Edited by Daegil

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRzRzfdkqZrcoM.1

That's what I use and I do pretty well, but you gotta understand that combat medics have ZERO mobility. Hug walls, always be one or two steps from an object you can hide behind. If melee get on you, concussion charge on cooldown and remember you can't be interrupted with reactive shield up in the spec I linked. Always make sure trauma probe is on you, kolto bomb as well, and dispell DoT's you can as quick as possible. Oh, and swap your alacrity enhancements for surge/crit or surge/power enhancements

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRzRzfdkqZrcoM.1

That's what I use and I do pretty well, but you gotta understand that combat medics have ZERO mobility. Hug walls, always be one or two steps from an object you can hide behind. If melee get on you, concussion charge on cooldown and remember you can't be interrupted with reactive shield up in the spec I linked. Always make sure trauma probe is on you, kolto bomb as well, and dispell DoT's you can as quick as possible. Oh, and swap your alacrity enhancements for surge/crit or surge/power enhancements

^

what he said.

but personally, i like this spec better: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRMRkcdkqZMIk.1

its very, very slightly different.

if you don't like first responder, you can always switch it for med zone. or top out the CSC talent and put one point into med zone, etc. i do love steadied aim/muzzle fluting rather then heavy trooper/advanced tech. you can pop super-charged cells and spam charged bolts for zero cells and with your shield up, your skills can't be interrupted and have zero pushback.

Edited by nvmvoidrays

I change my spec every day the more I read this fantastic forum. The ideal build does depend on what gear choices you have made. Considering I have not remodded my Battlemaster/Champion gear, I have already slightly passed the butter zone for alacrity, so I am recanting the above build I just made.

I change my spec every day the more I read this fantastic forum. The ideal build does depend on what gear choices you have made. Considering I have not remodded my Battlemaster/Champion gear, I have already slightly passed the butter zone for alacrity, so I am recanting the above build I just made.

I use a similar spec. I've noticed as I've spent more and more time in the PVP queues, I'm being picked out of crowds consistently. Not to be cocky but I think I'm making a name for myself on my server. So I spec more for survivability of myself so I can heal through damage to me as I wait for teammates to assist.

I use a similar spec. I've noticed as I've spent more and more time in the PVP queues, I'm being picked out of crowds consistently. Not to be cocky but I think I'm making a name for myself on my server. So I spec more for survivability of myself so I can heal through damage to me as I wait for teammates to assist.

I'm on your server and I've teamed with you in WZs. I try to always stay near you for the heals and to help defend you.

The 31/10 build is close to what i use but you don't need to waste the point in efficient conversions its just not worth it. I only put 1/2 points into treated wounds dressings so i could pick up the 2/2 for first responder. Alacrity aka haste is a healers best friend in pvp (doesn't scale to great for pve.) I actually use the spec nvmvoidrays linked and its really good because you can throw out a lot of Dps.

Check out this video of the spec in action

This isn't me playing just an awesome commando pvp vid I think we can all enjoy!

Edited by Frankaficky