Would Imperials Transfer to Republic?

VoidJustice

Just a simple question.

If BW offered "full transfers"* by application and then cut off the

transfers once balance was achieved on servers...

(possibly with whole guild applications taking preference)

would any Imperials do it?

It might save the game...

"full transfers" = all gear, inventory, skills etc... just change faction.

I already rolled alts on my server after getting 2 toons to 30+ on empire.

I now have 2 toons around 20 on republic side and am glad i rerolled.

I still think Epmire side is cooler...hands down, but i enjoy fast ques for WZ now

and i REALLY WANT BALANCED END GAME WORLD PVP! So i am doing my part. ;)

My suggestion: offer slightly better XP in WZ to the under populated side as an incentive.

Edited by I_married_a_Geek

Just a simple question.

Yep. I don't like playing the zerg faction. I would be more inclined to do this with max level characters than alts, frankly the Imperial side is just more fun for story - root cause of the problem in the first place.

Nice to see...

Original premise however, was no loss to anything on your character however, Im not sure if it would be feasable to allow the actual class to convert... so I imagine you'd become your mirror.

For the folks that are re-rolling pubs straight up... Let us know when you get to the pub side... many of us will help you any way we can. Especially on pvp servers.

Im sure many of you rolled Sith to be Sith... that's cool, just wondering if anyone would help even the sides and fix the game.

may the force be with you.

p.s. I played a Rebel Wookie BH in SWG for the lulz... so I hear the folks that are all about style points.

Edited by VoidJustice

Just a simple question.

If they threw in a cool quest about how my mostly lightsided bounty hunter is wanted for the death of Darth Tormen and the ex-Chancellor offers a way out... maybe.

If it means just becoming a trooper and skipping the trooper story and swapping out my companions for trooper companions... hell no.

I've found the Republic class stories to be sort of cheesy and predictable, at no point playing Republic have I felt wow, this character is totally a ballsy ******. Hijack a star destroyer, with a Darth on board? That's pretty ******. Win the great hunt? That's pretty bad ***, and that's level 25-30ish. Betrayed by your Master and kill them? That's pretty bad ***. Republic, your Master is mind controlled and you fight a Sith Apprentice to temporarily save her at the cost of being weaker yourself... not ******. Sith Apprentice vs Darth. The difference in ******ery there is over 9000.

I would not. I rolled the Empire so that I could play a Sith.

Why would I want to be a boring, emotionless drone of the Republic?

This. Faction Imbalance is Bioware's problem. Not mine. And if I have to do it to "save the game" then I say let it fail.