Sorcs make me want to quit

babiegirlla

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt take 2 to kill a sorc unless you have one person thats really really bad.

It takes one good Commando

One good Vanguard

One good sentinal

One good shadow

One good smuggler

All of these classes have tools to kill a Sorc bubble and all ( the bubble abosrbs all of 3.2k)

^This

Hit 50. Go pwn a Sorc with a lot of classes. They aren't bad, but Sorc is kind of meh compared to other BM geared classes at 50 right now. It's 1v1 is pretty terrible against skilled players. There's not much they can do but run away.

Now if you go against enough of them in HUtball, then that's a different story. GL is all I can say...Wow...

Sorcerers don't cast bubble while in combat and getting hit at melee. They pre-cast it, before the fight, and then cast it another time during the fight when they're at range and the enemy is snared/rooted/CC'd. That's a grand total of like 8k damage prevented from a Battlemaster.

correction 6.4k but keep exaggerating to help your point

in your world the enemy is somehow always snared/rooted/cc'd, while the sorcerer is just running around like a god, what is the "enemy" in question doing? jerking off? and what class is the enemy? seems like it's always some masked class that no one can be specific about

sorcerers have 2 real cc's 1 stun on a 1 min, 1 whirlwind on a 1 min cd

1 snare, on a 12 second cd (6 second duration), 1 knockback withroot on a 20 second cd

there are answers to everything a sorcerer has within your own class here are just a few

assassins - cloak, their own snare on a 6 second cd (12 second duration), their own stun, vanish

operatives - cloak, their own snare, their own stun, vanish

warriors - force leap, their own snare, force choke

merc - their own stun, 2 knock backs which can be used to interupt, lol crazy dmg

tanks - their own stun, their own snare, grip

please learn how to play and use your tools to win.

Learn to interrupt and use your closing abilities when you REALLY need them.

Interrupt is only effective 1v1. In group pvp, button lag, the gcd and the interrupt cd make interrupts in effective against op channeled abilities. Usually by the time you tab target and can hit interrupt, you are already dead.

Interrupt is only effective 1v1. In group pvp, button lag, the gcd and the interrupt cd make interrupts in effective against op channeled abilities. Usually by the time you tab target and can hit interrupt, you are already dead.

in group pvp you have teams that can interrupt as well, you don't have to be the hero that interrupts everyone. this is not a sorcerer imbalance.

button delay, lag are not a sorcerer imbalance.

gcd...lol gcd management is a pvp skill, it is not an imbalance of any sort.

question: are you a button masher that do not understand how to manage your gcds?

Edited by shaidarlol

If Sorcs were not OP, 75% of my server would not be playing them. In WZs all we do is run through pink lightning fields and die instantly for 15 minutes.

I have to laugh laugh though because it is sad that people need to run and play the OP class of the month in order to be competitive. If you are a Sorc, changes are you are a FOTM chasing Baddie. LOL.

Edited by sithkllr

Don't confuse burst with high damage potential, high utility, high mobility and solid survivability.

I'm not. I was commenting on the the glass cannon archetype, which the sage does not fit. I agree, though :D it is designed as a utility class with sustained damage and those other skills (mobility, defense) as you pointed out.

If Sorcs were not OP, 75% of my server would not be playing them. In WZs all we do is run through pink lightning fields and die instantly for 15 minutes.

I have to laugh laugh though because it is sad that people need to run and play the OP class of the month in order to be competitive. If you are a Sorc, changes are you are a FOTM chasing Baddie. LOL.

If Imperials were not OP, 75% of the swtor population would not be playing them.

therefore, we must nerf imperials and/or buff republics. STUPID FOTM EMPIRE

valid arguments are valid

Interupt spells can be usd regardess of GCD. Dont know what button lag is that you speak of.

That being said, yes, Sorcs are broken because they were designed poorly. Too much DPS, too much CC, too much mobility, too much healing. All wrapped up into one smelly package. Bad bad bad.

Oh hey, there's a sorcerer on the bridge attacking me.

If I run, I'll get slowed for the next 15 seconds as I slowly die. So I'll charge him. Oh he knocked me off, and I'm rooted.

**** happens to me all the time and Im a sage too, QQ moar its gonna happen.

QQ, seriously;)

OR

maybe some of us picked it because:

we like to be able to role DPS and play a good utility class

AND

we can role seer (31 healing) and run a flashpoint if people are yelling for healz so we can help out.

Edited by Calista_ZK

correction 6.4k but keep exaggerating to help your point

in your world the enemy is somehow always snared/rooted/cc'd, while the sorcerer is just running around like a god, what is the "enemy" in question doing? jerking off? and what class is the enemy? seems like it's always some masked class that no one can be specific about

sorcerers have 2 real cc's 1 stun on a 1 min, 1 whirlwind on a 1 min cd

1 snare, on a 12 second cd (6 second duration), 1 knockback withroot on a 20 second cd

there are answers to everything a sorcerer has within your own class here are just a few

assassins - cloak, their own snare on a 6 second cd (12 second duration), their own stun, vanish

operatives - cloak, their own snare, their own stun, vanish

warriors - force leap, their own snare, force choke

merc - their own stun, 2 knock backs which can be used to interupt, lol crazy dmg

tanks - their own stun, their own snare, grip

please learn how to play and use your tools to win.

4 sec stun, 30m range.

8 sec mez/stun, 30m range.

20 sec knockback with 5 second root. (no resolve on root)

30 sec Force Run.

That means during the average minute:

The Sorcerer creates a gap because of Force Run, twice.

Enemy is knocked back 3 times.

Enemy is rooted for 15 seconds.

Enemy is stunned for 12 seconds.

That's literally 30+ seconds out of a minute where a melee is NOT on the Sorcerer. Not including whatever range you gain from Force Run, and the constant snaring a Sorcerer can do. If you want to include the 12sec snare, that literally fills up the remaining 30 seconds. You could LITERALLY keep the enemy snared, rooted or stunned for an entire minute of combat, every minute.

Edited by savionen

If Imperials were not OP, 75% of the swtor population would not be playing them.

therefore, we must nerf imperials and/or buff republics. STUPID FOTM EMPIRE

valid arguments are valid

Yo umust be new to MMOS. Welcome. The population imbalance has nothing to do with one side being more powsrful that the other. In any mmo the "bad" side is overpopulated, especially on pvp servers.

Stupid sayings like "valid arguments are valid" are stupid.

Edited by sithkllr

Your server. My server is full of Mercs and Snipers/Operatives. Full of BH's hitting like a truck with their rockets and you better get out of line of sight fast or you're dead.

The only time I see more "Sorcs" in the WZ is when some Assassin decides to play...baddie dont even realize they have the same icon.

Umm, and the rest of your team is doing what exactly? letting them freecast? were you alone?

All of the above can be countered.

That is more plausible that asking them all to reroll, or nerfing them, which seems to be what you expect?

If it's the kinda wz's I've been in, the rest of my team is also snared, rooted, dot'd, stunned and about ready to die. 6 sorcs with all the cc and utility they have can not be taken down unless your side has 6 sages/shadows or more. Doesn't take much skill to keep a player cc'd as a sorc when every other talent applys some kind of cc. Countering all that cc however, idk, with only one cc breaker on a 2min cooldown. I agree with the OP, not sure how much longer I can hold out.

Edited by aboynamedsue

Seriously, every single game I play I`ve seen a ton of really geared, a lot of the time BM geared Sorcs on my server. If i`m lucky I`ll see 4 in a WZ, however I`ve seen 5-6 multiple times. Can you imagine how irritating it is to have one of the most overpowered, most control and, despite the "squishiness" have ethe MOST survivability in the game?

You dot your target, you spam CL. Really difficult. Then you have the ability to heal, sprint, shield, stun, knockback with a possible root, a CL with a built in slow, put all of that together with MULTIPLE sorcs in a WZ and alongside their crazy damage.

i`m closer and closer to quitting this game because of this class, it`s the MOST represented class in the game and it`s getting annoying.

The only issue I have with them is that they seem to be in that bubble constantly. What is the cool down for that thing anyway. I swear it seems like I never see one without it up.

Your server. My server is full of Mercs and Snipers/Operatives. Full of BH's hitting like a truck with their rockets and you better get out of line of sight fast or you're dead.

The only time I see more "Sorcs" in the WZ is when some Assassin decides to play...baddie dont even realize they have the same icon.

Lies. I have alts in the 30s on 4 servers. Sorcs are always overpopulated on all so I have a hard time beleiving that is not indicative of other servers as well. WZs are infested with them. I rarely see an Agent. And so what if I do they are not OP. Randomly check your zone population. Imp Agents are always in the minority.

The only issue I have with them is that they seem to be in that bubble constantly. What is the cool down for that thing anyway. I swear it seems like I never see one without it up.

The cd pops before the armor is over, so it can be up indefinitely. Unless, you do 2k damage to bring it down before the cd is over. The cd is 20s i believe, and the armor is up for 30s, barring 2k damage. Well 2k damage to the bubble I should be clear. Not sure how much it absorbs, but say its 50%, that's 4k damage you need to do to the player to bring the bubble down.

Edited by aboynamedsue

4 sec stun, 30m range.

8 sec mez/stun, 30m range.

20 sec knockback with 5 second root. (no resolve on root)

30 sec Force Run.

That means during the average minute:

The Sorcerer creates a gap because of Force Run, twice.

Enemy is knocked back 3 times.

Enemy is rooted for 15 seconds.

Enemy is stunned for 12 seconds.

That's literally 30+ seconds out of a minute where a melee is NOT on the Sorcerer. Not including whatever range you gain from Force Run, and the constant snaring a Sorcerer can do.

you do realize the root breaks on damage after 2 seconds? and again what is the average melee doing to respond to these things? NOTHING? just twiddle your thumbs? it's nice that you can specify what the abilities sorcerers do and yet say nothing about the melee.

please be clear, these threads would be much more constructive if people would just come in and say "hey i'm this class, i'm having trouble with sorcerers, what can i do to overcome these obstacles" instead of just non-sense.

Yo umust be new to MMOS. Welcome. The population imbalance has nothing to do with one side being more powsrful that the other. In any mmo the "bad" side is overpopulated, especially on pvp servers.

Perfectly stated.

you must be new to logic, welcome. my post is a direct response to yours saying how the volume of a class relates to the relative "power" they have.

because if your argument was valid, that would also indicate that why there is a faction imbalance, ie there are more imperials than republics because imperials have some advantage (OP) over republics. get it?!