"Lazy Listing" on auction:

FadeXF

They don't want the game telling people what to sell something for, that's why the GTN system doesn't set the default price to what someone else is selling it at. What's it's trying to tell you is what the lowest you should probably sell the item(s) for. I mean, it could just put 0 there instead and have the player guess what the vendor value is.

The reason devs treat their AH system like classifieds is because THAT is what they are: classifieds, or an unattended flea market. Think of how this worked before in other games. In Diablo people spammed chat selling the items they had. In GW people stood in the towns shouting their wares for hours. The AH systems simplify that and allow the players to actually play the game while their items are listed instead of having to stand somewhere shouting to the world what they have to sell.

I sort of agree with you, but would make two comments:

1) Telling people the lowest plausible price is a disservice to the sellers. Especially if you then let them be a nub & sell it for under the vendor price anyway. And in any given transaction with these AH systems, there is 1 seller & 1 buyer, and the system shouldn't be starting with either of those sides at a disadvantage.

2) That's the history of it, yes. That's also the history of the stock market if you want to go back a few hundred years. Any exchange mechanism tends to start as a classified market, but it's not the ideal situation & just because it's the traditional situation doesn't mean it should be clung on to. I'm not saying we need derivatives markets or any of the more extreme over-engineered profiteering mechanisms in real world systems, but we could do with learning from the last couple of hundred years of economic development.

Nowadays I think it is a fair estimate to say that people predominantly go to in-game AHs to trade commodities. The majority of individualised items are obtained via (token) vendors or drops, as reflections of skill+persistence, rather than sold to the dude with the most gold. This leaves the AH primarily for commodities. So it's foolish to treat the AH as a mechanism purely to avoid standing around screaming "WTS GREAVES OF WILLPOWER +1", rather than as a sophisticated medium of exchanging varying sizes/pricings of metal etc - on both the buyers & sellers side.

Is having to stand around checking the AH for goods at the price you want to pay any better than having to stand around shouting out your wares? A decent commodities oriented AH should accept both buy & sell orders, allow for flexible transaction sizes, allow for market driven pricing mechanisms, et cetera.

Edited by Lakhesis

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well O?, have fun your way and get richer and richer.

Not everyone is sick enough to spend that many time in the AH, for me it works perfectly, I do a planet and once I finish it go the tleet and put everything to sell in a few clicks.

If you want to buy all my items, please do, but that's your sicknes not mine.

Mine is a different one, like grinding or exploring or just having as many alts as I can.

Am I telling you how to play the game? Then stop telling me how should I play it.

But what really p**ses me off is the fact that you consider yourself better by doing this, I mean honestly, haven't you check the world lately? Is behaviour like yours that made the last years a nightmare for a lot of people.

Yeah this is only a game, but his arrogance was too much...

All they have to do is add 5-10 items per profession that are slightly better than raid items and every single credit you have probably wouldn't be enough to buy even one of those items.

You are absolutely insane if you think they will do that. What game have you been playing? A real MMO? TOR isn't a real MMO, and there will never be 5-10 craftable items in the game that are slightly better than raid items, much less 5-10 per profession.

The truth is: OP is making no money, he's just angry to people who put things really cheaper than his, following the auction suggestion. For that reason he can't sell nothing to the price he would like to. If not why coming here crying about it? You are making money you happy.

Well O?, have fun your way and get richer and richer.

Not everyone is sick enough to spend that many time in the AH, for me it works perfectly, I do a planet and once I finish it go the tleet and put everything to sell in a few clicks.

If you want to buy all my items, please do, but that's your sicknes not mine.

Mine is a different one, like grinding or exploring or just having as many alts as I can.

Am I telling you how to play the game? Then stop telling me how should I play it.

But what really p**ses me off is the fact that you consider yourself better by doing this, I mean honestly, haven't you check the world lately? Is behaviour like yours that made the last years a nightmare for a lot of people.

Yeah this is only a game, but his arrogance was too much...

I agree with you on this.

As the AH goes, I like the fact that it gives me a price to sell for. I know that I can chnage that price if I want to, but for the most part I am putting things out there to sell and not to spend hours trying to determine if the price is to low or what.

The truth is: OP is making no money, he's just angry to people who put things really cheaper than his, following the auction suggestion. For that reason he can't sell nothing to the price he would like to. If not why coming here crying about it? You are making money you happy.

That exactly the truth. OP is transparent as glass.

So much this.

Transparent as glass.

So, you make a profit by playing the AH, and these "Lazy Listers" make the money they expected to make from their item.

Win Win

This is why I'll list it at default, I look at the default price and think, "Sure, that is good enough for me" then list it, someone buys it pretty quick and I am a happy camper.

Personally, I could careless what someone else does with the item I sell mostly cause, I have the credits I'm ok with for it. Give it to a companion, sell it to a vendor, junk it, whatever, all I know is, I got paid ;)

So to OP. you make tons of profit, good for you. The question is why on earth are you bothering to bug the rest of us with the fact that you make profit. We, for the most part all make profit on the GTN because if the item was a drop what ever you sale said item for is profit. So yea good job. Moving on, when you make your 100M credits who is going to know about it save you?

And of those people that you tell that you have said money what % of those people do you think accually care about how much fictional money you have? Because lets be honesty your not goingt to give them any of it so really. Hell I don't even care how much money some random stranger has in the real world let alone a video game.

But good luck to you making your achievement.

Personally the OP is just a troll but I guess im feeding it because I have nothing better to do. :)