Gimme addons NAOW!

ExaWood

I want to make this game my own, open it up!

Would Iphone have been as successful without apps?

Would Firefox have been so popular without addons?

Would WoW have been so successful without addons?

No way!

Why? Because most people want to customize their product/game so that it feels like their own and just the way they like it.

If it's already that way for you in the current state, fine, but understand that I want to make it perfect for me as well!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No way!

Why? Because most people want to customize their product/game so that it feels like their own and just the way they like it.

If it's already that way for you in the current state, fine, but understand that I want to make it perfect for me as well!

Lol, I suspect when the API's get opened up to start working on addon development people are going to be roflcurbstomping these forums with QQ over how many bugs there are. They can't even get a patch tested and implemented correctly. You really expect the API's to be non-fail? Surely you jest..

Too many people here think add-ons are cheats/exploits that level you to 50 on auto-pilot and max your crew skills while you're sleeping. Or that they give you such an advantage over everyone else. Or that it will mean players will form things called "guilds" and only allow people in that meet certain criteria based on inspections, because all the guilds now that have formed friendships, will immediately turn on each other and will gkick mediocre geared members once add-ons are made available amirite

So I don't think it will happen due to the ignorance of so many people.

Edited by EscVelocity

Most addons are for ****** players.
I'll be that. I don't care anymore.

So I'm a bad player. I suck. I definte terribad. I'm a keyspamming, facerolling noob. I am not worthy to even contemplate the IP address of a server you play on. I am a mouthbreathing, knuckledragging, evolutionary hiccup. I am a waste of genetic material.

You know what? I still want addons.

If addons made the ops that much easier, then the content will start being developed based on available addons much like what happened in WoW.

Don't worry, ops are already easy as they are. You shouldn't be too afraid of some harder ones.

Funny how every schmuck thinks "Deadly boss mods" as sson as the word addon is mentioned. I want ingame signups for ops, I want a better friends list tools, I want better and prettier ui's, I want better bag systems, I want better gear changing options, I want better tools basicly.

Now, what's wrong with that and why the heck do you mind me getting what I want? It surely doesn't affect you. Now go brown nose somebody else than Bioware, it aint getting you anywhere.

Edited by ExaWood

using naow for now will just turn this thread into a troll-fest

Unless he knows someone at BW custoimer service/ Developers and their name actually IS Naow. Never know with the accents on the phone.

I only had to call them once, and yes the lady had a very thick accent, but she was able to help me out right away.

people are going to be roflcurbstomping these forums with QQ over how many bugs there are. They can't even get a patch tested and implemented correctly. You really expect the API's to be non-fail? Surely you jest..

So... painfully... true.

I too can't wait for APIs for UI add-ons. But as Stephen said, they want to rework the UI so that it's completely capable in its vanilla state. So expect an add-on API or process to be very much a back-burner item. And when it is released, don't expect a ton of hooks all at once.

If addons made the ops that much easier, then the content will start being developed based on available addons much like what happened in WoW.

All your statement shows me is that you have no raid experience and have no idea how encounters work and why mods are necessary to perform well in those encounters.

Of course, that's another reason why raids are a horrible design decision, but as long as raids exist the only way to do them is by using mods to warn you when critical moments arrive. It is not reasonable to expect the average (or even above-average) player to keep up with that kind of information flow.

Don't worry, ops are already easy as they are. You shouldn't be too afraid of some harder ones.

Funny how every schmuck thinks "Deadly boss mods" as sson as the word addon is mentioned. I want ingame signups for ops, I want a better friends list tools, I want better and prettier ui's, I want better bag systems, I want better gear changing options, I want better tools basicly.

Now, what's wrong with that and why the heck do you mind me getting what I want? It surely doesn't affect you. Now go brown nose somebody else than Bioware, it aint getting you anywhere.

I did some addon development for WoW and I agree, there are some great addons that would help this game without affecting the content. If its opened up in this game, I plan to create a few addons (starting with a navigation menu for your ship). It is possible to limit what the addons can do so that you don't have any "combat" mods, but I know the devs wont do that. Kinda like when WoW started and you had addons that could literally do everything for you.

I guess my point is that I'd rather have none over easy mode addons.

So... painfully... true.

I too can't wait for APIs for UI add-ons. But as Stephen said, they want to rework the UI so that it's completely capable in its vanilla state. So expect an add-on API or process to be very much a back-burner item. And when it is released, don't expect a ton of hooks all at once.

It most certainly is not a "back burner" item.

It's behind the stove with the five year old dust-bunnies.

All your statement shows me is that you have no raid experience and have no idea how encounters work and why mods are necessary to perform well in those encounters.

Of course, that's another reason why raids are a horrible design decision, but as long as raids exist the only way to do them is by using mods to warn you when critical moments arrive. It is not reasonable to expect the average (or even above-average) player to keep up with that kind of information flow.

I have plenty of raid experience. Early encounters in WoW (like MC) can be done without bossmods, but since the development of bossmods, the raids became more complicated expecting players to have the addon.

This game can make a complicated fight without requiring third-party interface; they will just need to provide tidbits via their own interface.

I did some addon development for WoW and I agree, there are some great addons that would help this game without affecting the content. If its opened up in this game, I plan to create a few addons (starting with a navigation menu for your ship). It is possible to limit what the addons can do so that you don't have any "combat" mods, but I know the devs wont do that. Kinda like when WoW started and you had addons that could literally do everything for you.

I guess my point is that I'd rather have none over easy mode addons.

You say in one comment that "addons are for ****** players" then you turn around and say "i did addon development for wow". Hypocrisy is a funny thing. You dont sound too intelligent.

Well yeah for hard raids... There's not one difficult op, fp, raid in all of SWTOR. Add-ons for that would be overkill.

I'm all for addons. The true need for them is UI customization and maybe some healer aid. There is a need for them don't get me wrong.

As someone else brought up. Addons need the API released from Bioware and that isn't going to happen anytime soon. They are still making huge changes to the code at this early stage.

Took Rift around 8 months to finally get add-ons after release. Even then they are so limited all you can do is very basic. Hardly even was worth their effort.

No way!

Firefox got famous after IE got hit with blaster virus. If that would never have happened FF would never have gotten its audience. Pretty much since version 2.0 it has been a security risk and full of ****. Anyone with some computer knowledge has left FF long time ago and it's only a matter of time until the majority will move over to Chrome or Opera.

You say in one comment that "addons are for ****** players" then you turn around and say "i did addon development for wow". Hypocrisy is a funny thing. You dont sound too intelligent.

Programming is fun in of itself as long as there is motivation. Addon development was already implemented and the raids required them, so why not have some fun developing them?

Just because I like developing addons does not mean that I support the implementation of the api.

Edited by jdrake

Programming is fun in of itself as long as there is motivation. Addon development was already implemented and the raids required them, so why not have some fun developing them?

Just because I like developing addons does not mean that I support the implementation of the api.

There really is no reason to not have addons its a choice to use them, not forced on players. I used a few in wow mostly power auras just so i didnt have to stare at my bars during pvp. You cant deny that focus frames and cooldown notifications dont help (at least in pvp). As far as pve goes i really could care less i never raid but i see how some addons trivialize encounters.

There really is no reason to not have addons its a choice to use them, not forced on players. I used a few in wow mostly power auras just so i didnt have to stare at my bars during pvp. You cant deny that focus frames and cooldown notifications dont help (at least in pvp). As far as pve goes i really could care less i never raid but i see how some addons trivialize encounters.

Which encounters have been trivialized pre-nerf in WoW through addons? I hear these blanket statements all the time that addons make WoW the easest MMO ever created. A blind monkey with no hands could beat WoW with addons. Really? Cuz I highly doubt you there one of the world first at anything and have completed all the content in that game pre-nerf to a raid.

Have you ever done the PP HM fight in ICC in 10man without the use of any addon and turning off the 15% buff as an 80 in 80 level gear? Then with only using DMB, tell us how that suddenly makes that fight trivial. It's still a challenge with the addon.

So? You addicted to your easy-mode or something? What's wrong with making content harder?

no addon NAOW or never please.

They make the game easier, so no.

No they dont, they make the game better where it's lacking hugely now.

But fear not, if you already think it's perfect, then keep it that way, I wont mind you playing it as it is.

So addons NAOW please!

I have plenty of raid experience. Early encounters in WoW (like MC) can be done without bossmods, but since the development of bossmods, the raids became more complicated expecting players to have the addon.

This game can make a complicated fight without requiring third-party interface; they will just need to provide tidbits via their own interface.

You do make a valid point. Mods really weren't necessary in MC and BWL.

Of course to me that begs the question of why have these super big group requirements in the first place? If you didn't need mods with a 40-man group, that means it isn't much tougher than a 10-man group, minus more health on the mobs. So why all the extra hassle with huge groups? Doesn't add much to the game imo.

But I'm digressing off topic....