"INC LEFT" That is not a good way to call INCs

VoidSpectre

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alderaan. 3 turrets on map. Left/Mid/Right.

Never changes not matter how you face. Where you spawn. They change colors.

Hence left mid right is preferred since east and west don't allow you to specific middle. I was not aware middle was a direction.

techically it would mean you'd need to give some sort of x,y. hence your way is stupid.

The same is the doors on voidstar.

The mini map showing you the block points and the doors. Are green or red. They tick down. So its either left or right door.

So again its not east or west.

Furthermore voidstar happens on a ship in space and therefore would technically require someone who wanted to be as correct as possible to use a frame of reference. Such as earth east. Or earth west

anyways its preferrable if you learn to read the mini-map and use that as the point of reference.

Signed fellow nerd.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

When people say its relative they mean its relative to their current understanding of where they are. When someone says left or right in CW i have to know where i am to know what that means. same with east and west and snow and grass.

That may seem simple and is if your not in combat or have just got out of combat and have to figure that out in a half second.

in voidstar east and west make sense but the problem is the relation to where i actually am.

the map on the voidstar as defender is upside down from spawn.

I am sure a lot of people look at the map and jump to the wrong side of where the bomb is planted.

same with east west.

a visual queue would help.

Edited by CrunchyGremlin

I would love to see this conversation in a real military situation.

Sergeant: Ok squad, we're going to head north two clicks and then start moving to the east.

Private numbnuts: But sarge, do you mean to go left or right from our base?

Sergeant: Private dip*****, since when did left or right become a valid option on a map or battlefield?

If you dopes are going to be calling left or right, as least use it in the context of the actual map. Then when you look at a map to see what is going on it will actually make sense. Whoever came up with the idea of Left or Right being relative to a spawn needs to be slapped.

Of course intelligent people will continue to say east/west.

west is left on the map

east is right on the map

now for the guys with high IQ only:

when i say west, what could it ONLY be?

The problem is most people aren't even looking at the map and are calling right and left based on their spawn, which happens to be the opposite of east and west in many cases. Thus just switching to the standard of saying east or west will eliminate all problems for those that actually know their azz from a hole in a ground.

Edited by kidbs

you still fail

And you still count using your fingers. Seriously, are you that dense to not understand directions? North/South/East/West can all be determined by simply pressing the 'M' key. If you can't get that then there is no help for you in this game or real life.

Edited by kidbs

And you still count using your fingers. Seriously, are you that dense to not understand directions? North/South/East/West can all be determined by simply pressing the 'M' key.

OK i will make it simple for you.

You are standing in the middle of city at night.

you have map.

I tell you to go east.

OK i will make it simple for you.

You are standing in the middle of city at night.

you have map.

I tell you to go east.

I'll have a gps to use. Luckily you have this same basic "GPS" in form of an in-game map that happens to show where you and all of your teammates are. Now do you need me to move your mouse for you too?

C'mon people. Left and right are subjective. Sometimes people mean left out of the rez point and sometimes they mean left on the map.

How about we grow up and use cardinal directions like intelligent adults. Use "INC WEST" so we don't have to decipher your subjective meaning

Every time I've said East, West or Mid, I've gotten abuse. I agree with you, but I think we're in the minority.

All you east/west fanboys, want to tell me which direction is east on the Alderaan warzone map? Whats that? East is east? Ok, which way is east? Do you mean, east ON THE MAP that you are looking at? Interesting! Ok, so, if it is east on the map you are looking at, then which way would you go if I said left? You would go west? Interesting!

There are no N-S-E-W indicators on the map. East to republic would be west to imperials, because their map is flipped for the match.

Kindergarten style. Left is west, right is east...BUT, a imperial east, is actually a rebel west. Funny huh?

30 pages of people arguing over east and west, when in fact, there is no east or west indicator in warzones!

hit m, left is which side of the map? Ohh, it is the left side? Hit m, what side of the map is right? Ohh, it's the right side? Brilliant, I'll just call it east and west then...

Notice below how the people supporting Right/Left cannot even agree on how it should work. Thus stems the basis for using East/West.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice that people using L/R are in direct contradiction to each other. That side of the argument can't even agree on which version of L/R to use. People using E/W do not have this problem.

They are actually all saying the same thing....

All you east/west fanboys, want to tell me which direction is east on the Alderaan warzone map? Whats that? East is east? Ok, which way is east? Do you mean, east ON THE MAP that you are looking at? Interesting! Ok, so, if it is east on the map you are looking at, then which way would you go if I said left? You would go west? Interesting!

There are no N-S-E-W indicators on the map. East to republic would be west to imperials, because their map is flipped for the match.

Kindergarten style. Left is west, right is east...BUT, a imperial east, is actually a rebel west. Funny huh?

30 pages of people arguing over east and west, when in fact, there is no east or west indicator in warzones!

hit m, left is which side of the map? Ohh, it is the left side? Hit m, what side of the map is right? Ohh, it's the right side? Brilliant, I'll just call it east and west then...

East is snow it is always snow. The map orientation doesn't change depending on what side you are. Yes using the "top" portion of the map is an assumption, but it is a logical one

I would love to see this conversation in a real military situation.

Sergeant: Ok squad, we're going to head north two clicks and then start moving to the east.

Private numbnuts: But sarge, do you mean to go left or right from our base?

Sergeant: Private dip*****, since when did left or right become a valid option on a map or battlefield?

If you dopes are going to be calling left or right, as least use it in the context of the actual map. Then when you look at a map to see what is going on it will actually make sense. Whoever came up with the idea of Left or Right being relative to a spawn needs to be slapped.

Of course intelligent people will continue to say east/west.

Left is being used as a LABEL...not a direction of travel. How are people still not getting this concept.

If someone calls out LEFT, and you ARENT at left, you have two other options. If you hear left and just start running left of where you are currently facing, you are an idiot to begin with. Its not hard to figure out. Stop using what the nodes are LABELED as for an excuse why you are getting nodes flipped on you. I hear both EAST/WEST call outs and LEFT/RIGHT/MID in WZs and I have zero issue in determining what is being called out.

Edited by Shumney

Left is being used as a LABEL...not a direction of travel. How are people still not getting this concept.

Wrong. Many use it as a direction and there's the problem. East/west is much easier to distinguish, no reason to not use actual directions.

Wow, another one of you guys.

How do you manage to function out in the world when you have the capacity for so much failure?

Because left is a relative direction of travel based on where you are facing. If I look at the in-game map and say "left" then I am of course referring to west. The problem is that some people aren't using this same definition. This then leads to all of the confusion that we are now discussing.

Treat the in-game map as you would any real-life map where the four sides correspond to a compass and all questions of direction are taken care of.

People should be using the in-game map regularly anyway just to see where people are and to determine which areas may need more coverage.

Edited by kidbs