When will the people who don't like the game be gone?

kristoffbrujah

Actually what's funnier is the people who are totally fine with this game. Would you put up with this shoddy work in any other product?

A book with the last 50 pages missing?

A DVD that hangs on chapter 16?

A "brand new" car with no cruise control, no A/C and will only shift into 2nd and 4th gears?

"Oh but we're workin on it guys! But it's haaaaard. Keep payin us tho, yuk yuk!"

You're paying a subscription for this broken crap. Why AREN'T you complaining?!?

Edited by ShaftyMcShaft

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just looked through the first couple of pages and I didn't see any "I quite" thread started by a guy called Saberoflight.

So I don't really see how it could be this guy getting you pissed off right now

You really gonna make me do a search and act like you've never seen this poster, who has a 1000+ post thread? OK

http://www.swtor.com/community/search.php?searchid=876212&pp=25

Here is his post his post history. You'll notice most of his stuff is complaints, one even that he has severe nausea and dizziness from the new UI. Dozens of posts every day.... he apparently unsubbed a week ago.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=257447

He's not the only one.

So... I'm assuming an unsub means people are no longer interested in the game? Why then continue to play and hate it, as he obviously does? The game itself makes him physically ill beyond not enjoying it before that.

Stop being argumentative for argument's sake.

Edited by kristoffbrujah

Because we've just passed the one month free sub point if you bought within 3 weeks of launch. :D

Just wondering how much longer people who are dissatisfied plan on being here. If you are in that category, how much longer do you plan on renewing?

I don't ask to be argumentative, but I would rather have a forum of people who want to continue playing the game rather than those who continually remind everyone that they'd rather not be here and aren't renewing. It would be nice to have a community full of people who are in it for the long haul rather than constant negativity in every 3rd thread.

It hasn't bothered me until now. There were times during the day where I just avoided the forums due to the fact that I was enjoying the game and didn't want to be brought down by negative vibes.

When will the people who do like the game stop trolling on the forums?

Just wondering how much longer you OP and all the other fanboys, do you plan on leveling up your main, or even your alts?

I ask cause it's obvious that:

a) you haven't dinged 50 yet

b) you have dinged 50 and started playing with an alt

c) you have dinged 50 with all character classes, then deleted them and started all over again

The fact that so many people complain is that there is in fact something terribly wrong with this game.

If people didn't care about seing this game succeed, why would they bother complain about it?

It would be nice for once when someone provides usueful information, suggestions or his humble thoughts in hope for this game to improve, fanboys like you wouldnt jump on him to eat him alive.

And before you say it's the vocal minority who complains about the game, from my point of view you fanboys are the vocal minority having nothing else to do than praise the game in the forums.

I want this game to succeed, but having blind worshipers like you it's just not healthy for it to do so.

those are not people...its snot nosed little wow and rift rejects that signed up because they were told SWTOR will be another easy mode game with pritty sparkly ponies and free stuff, now that they realise its not that easy and you dont get anything for free its a two part process:

STEP 1: make posts on the forums about how bad the game is.

Post lists showing what wow and rift had that stwor dont have.

Cry while you post the reasons why you will be canceling.

STEP 2: Log into the forums to see that no one cares about you

Start trolling the forums

Go roll a paladin and wait for the epic panda's to arrive

Cry because swtor is much better than pandas in a monk robe

eventually they will stop playing because everyone hates them and they crawl back into their moms basement.

Haha this game has ZERO room to be calling any other game easy mode, seriously

When will the people who do like the game stop trolling on the forums?

Just wondering how much longer you OP and all the other fanboys, do you plan on leveling up your main, or even your alts?

I ask cause it's obvious that:

a) you haven't dinged 50 yet

b) you have dinged 50 and started playing with an alt

c) you have dinged 50 with all character classes, then deleted them and started all over again

The fact that so many people complain is that there is in fact something terribly wrong with this game.

If people didn't care about seing this game succeed, why would they bother complain about it?

It would be nice for once when someone provides usueful information, suggestions or his humble thoughts in hope for this game to improve, fanboys like you wouldnt jump on him to eat him alive.

And before you say it's the vocal minority who complains about the game, from my point of view you fanboys are the vocal minority having nothing else to do than praise the game in the forums.

I want this game to succeed, but having blind worshipers like you it's just not healthy for it to do so.

I dinged 50 and am leveling 2 high level alts. Loving the end game content such as D7 and the heroics, but also loving leveling my alts. I played only Imp but started a Setinel a week ago and having a blast.

I'm assuming that's okay considering the amount of time they've put in to 8 different storylines.

This feels temporary to me as you'll be gone and I'll still be around

Edited by kristoffbrujah

You really gonna make me do a search and act like you've never seen this poster, who has a 1000+ post thread? OK

http://www.swtor.com/community/search.php?searchid=876212&pp=25

Here is his post his post history. You'll notice most of his stuff is complaints, one even that he has severe nausea and dizziness from the new UI. Dozens of posts every day.... he apparently unsubbed a week ago.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=257447

He's not the only one.

So... I'm assuming an unsub means people are no longer interested in the game? Why then continue to play and hate it, as he obviously does? The game itself makes him physically ill beyond not enjoying it before that.

Stop being argumentative for argument's sake.

I"m not being argumenative for argument's sake....

You were upset today because of repeated "I quit posts" from the same posters...yet I went through and looked through the last four pages and I didn't see this poster at all, so I fail to see how he could be the cause of you being pissed off today.

Now you are saying he unsubbed a week ago? lol...so apparantly you are pissed off because of some guy who unsubbed a week ago made repeated negative posts about the game?

If that's the best example you have I'm not impressed to say the least.

Edited by JeremyDale

Be careful what you wish for.

All those people who you wish were gone are keeping the lights on.

Not only that, but many of these "whiners" are the ones that managed to bring about much needed changes.

The FPS issues, the texture/graphics issues, ability delays, global cooldowns, Illum/PVP issues, bugs and other problems.

One has to remember, there are whiners and also people with valid problems and issues.

If you remove everyone "one" person thinks is whining you risk losing people that want to actually help improve the game.

One is for certain though, there will always be whiners. Especially when it comes to class balance and PVP.

We just need to be able to distinquish between them and actually valid arguments.

For without them, the game will stagnate and barely improve.

I dinged 50 and am leveling 2 high level alts. Loving the end game content such as D7 and the heroics, but also loving leveling my alts. I played only Imp but started a Setinel a week ago and having a blast.

I'm assuming that's okay considering the amount of time they've put in to 8 different storylines.

This feels temporary to me as you'll be gone and I'll still be around

Yes Kris, clearly you love this game so much and are having such a "blast" that you rather stay here on the forums and fuss with us about how great the game is instead of play the actual game :)

Or complain about some poster who unsubbed a week ago....

The forums would be great if the OP and his fellow ivory tower fanboys got their way. No criticism, no negativity, no arguments. Only blind Bioware adoration, appreciation, glorification, idolization and reverence. You kids could be brown-nosing your way to Nirvana.

Bunch of fascist idiots. Any opinion that does not comply with your own should be forcefully removed.

I'll continue to be vocal about the issues that should be corrected. If no one is, the game won't improve. Fanboys are the least desired customer, they destroy the evolution of your product because they don't have a mind of their own. The fanboy hivemind cannot come up with productive inputs on how to improve the game, and thus improve its ability to sustain the creation and distribution of value. They aren't loyal customers, their repeat purchase is out of habit.

Edited by Dekadez

I"m not being argumenative for argument's sake....

You were upset today because of repeated "I quit posts" from the same posters...yet I went through and looked through the last four pages and I didn't see this poster at all, so I fail to see how he could be the cause of you being pissed off today.

Now you are saying he unsubbed a week ago? lol...so apparantly you are pissed off because of some guy who unsubbed a weak ago made repeated negative posts about the game?

If that's the best example you have I'm not impressed to say the least.

You understand that in an MMO unsubbing means you're quitting the MMO right?

You can continue on and on but I just gave you an example of someone who ended their subscription and continues to play with dozens of complaints every day on general.

Go reread the OP. Again, you're arguing for argument's sake and now you're using quotes as a semantics game. Give over.

I would like to know why someone who dislikes the game to the point where they are made physically ill keep playing and posting.

The forums would be great if the OP and his fellow ivory tower fanboys got their way. No criticism, no negativity, no arguments. Only blind Bioware adoration, appreciation, glorification, idolization and reverence. You kids could be brown-nosing your way to Nirvana.

Bunch of fascist idiots. Any opinion that does not comply with your own should be forcefully removed.

I'll continue to be vocal about the issues that should be corrected. If no one is, the game won't improve. Fanboys are the least desired customer, they destroy the evolution of your product because they don't have a mind of their own. The fanboy hivemind cannot come up with productive inputs on how to improve the game, and thus improve its ability to sustain the creation and distribution of value.

You didn't read the thread or the OP.

Edited by kristoffbrujah

...you do realize if everyone that doesn't like the game leaves, you're going to be left with virtually no population correct?

But yeah, go ahead and shoo us out. Maybe in five months Bioware will do some server merges and you can get enough people to do a raid.

Because we've just passed the one month free sub point if you bought within 3 weeks of launch. :D

Just wondering how much longer people who are dissatisfied plan on being here. If you are in that category, how much longer do you plan on renewing?

I don't ask to be argumentative, but I would rather have a forum of people who want to continue playing the game rather than those who continually remind everyone that they'd rather not be here and aren't renewing. It would be nice to have a community full of people who are in it for the long haul rather than constant negativity in every 3rd thread.

It hasn't bothered me until now. There were times during the day where I just avoided the forums due to the fact that I was enjoying the game and didn't want to be brought down by negative vibes.

Accepting (and saying) the game isn't perfect, isn't disliking the game.

And to be brutally honest SWTOR still has a LOT that needs fixing and improving.

The bigger issue is when those sorts of posts ("I'm quitting") stop, an MMO is in huge trouble, as it's likely only a subscriber away from closing.

You didn't read the thread or the OP.

I did both. Just because you don't like what I'm saying doesn't mean you have to go all out fanboy mode on me, fanboy.

You dislike negative feedback, in fact you can't even stomach it. You want these boards to be all rainbows and sunshine.

Edited by Dekadez

You understand that in an MMO unsubbing means you're quitting the MMO right?

You can continue on and on but I just gave you an example of someone who ended their subscription and continues to play with dozens of complaints every day on general.

Go reread the OP. Again, you're arguing for argument's sake and now you're using quotes as a semantics game. Give over.

Again kris, I fail to see how someone who hasn't posted anything on the last 5 pages I looked through on this forum could be the reason for your ire today.

Show me a recent example of someone repeating the same "I quit" post and you may actually have an argument. I didn't see that guy's name anywhere in the last 5 pages I looked through - so I still see no justification for this post.

You could go through my history and see a long list of complaints as well. Does that mean I need to get off these forums too?

Yes Kris, clearly you love this game so much and are having such a "blast" that you rather stay here on the forums and fuss with us about how great the game is instead of play the actual game :)

Or complain about some poster who unsubbed a week ago....

Jeremy it's 2:28AM after an early server restart, there is not enough population to actually do a flashpoint.

But you knew that. You're here for the debate but not to make any actual point.

This is the kind of stuff that people who have real points tend to dismiss because you're not really here to have an honest discussion.

Edited by kristoffbrujah

For players who enjoy leveling up different characters I must admit bioware did a good job.

Every class story is unique etc but you have to admit that the rest of the world quests are the same for every class.

How many times can you bare to do the same quests in the same order, since the process is linear and you get no choice of different leveling areas?

Even worse how many times can you do the same things at lvl 50 with different characters? Don't you get the feeling that you done this before? You must admit that there is not much to do at endgame..

If you can't see that bioware focused only on the 1-50 experience then maybe singleplayer games is your thing, but all these people complaining (including me) expected something richer and more complicated than this poor excuse of an MMO.

Jeremy it's 2:28AM after an early server restart, there is not enough population to actually do a flashpoint.

But you knew that. You're here for the debate but not to make any actual point.

I already made my actual point, and that is if you don't like reading negative comments about the game you should probably just avoid the forums.

If you can't see that bioware focused only on the 1-50 experience then maybe singleplayer games is your thing, but all these people complaining (including me) expected something richer and more complicated than this poor excuse of an MMO.

Without meaning to flame/troll etc, but why did you expect something richer?

I'll continue to be vocal about the issues that should be corrected. If no one is, the game won't improve. Fanboys are the least desired customer, they destroy the evolution of your product because they don't have a mind of their own. The fanboy hivemind cannot come up with productive inputs on how to improve the game, and thus improve its ability to sustain the creation and distribution of value. They aren't loyal customers, their repeat purchase is out of habit.

Well said friend.

It's the internet, whiners will whine because nobody who sees them at work on monday morning can say "Hey, that thread where you wrote like an 8 year old on crack?, yeah, that shows alot about who you are man, I don't want to have lunch with a whack job like you, and could you move your desk away from mine? Thanks!"

No consequences to their badmouthing and they get attention from it. I remember a guy in WAR who unsubbed before the trial month was up and he's STILL posting on their forums about how bad EA is and how they broke his awesome game. Go Figure.

Agree

When will people stop making flame and troll threads that comprise of nothing more than dribble lol

Without meaning to flame/troll etc, but why did you expect something richer?

Because we live in the year 2012.

WoW (yes damnit WoW the most popular MMO) was released at 2004

Because it took 6 years and a ******** of money to make TOR

I had my hopes up for TOR? You bet I did.

For players who enjoy leveling up different characters I must admit bioware did a good job.

Every class story is unique etc but you have to admit that the rest of the world quests are the same for every class.

How many times can you bare to do the same quests in the same order, since the process is linear and you get no choice of different leveling areas?

Even worse how many times can you do the same things at lvl 50 with different characters? Don't you get the feeling that you done this before? You must admit that there is not much to do at endgame..

Truth is I don't really do the same stories again. I realize that's an option but choose not to.

To level I mainly do dailies and heroics. Going through Athiss as a tank is much different for me than going through as a dps. So while Athiss is the same, I'm learning a new role with new abilities and leveling at the same time. On my Republic toon none of the quests are the same. I just do the class quests and companion quests, which I enjoy.

If I were stuck going through the planet normal quests only to level, then yeah this would not be a fun experience.

Edited by kristoffbrujah

That's a big problem, the story quest is great, even 2nd time through (especially if taking other light/dark side options).

However having to go though exactly the same quests time and again is not - I wish they'd put in some non-voiced optional zones for questing personally.

L50 is definately lacking, this is often the case in many early MMORPGs, but SWTOR definatley has this problem.