Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Giving a grace period for STAR WARS: The Old Republic

GregZeschuk

Ok so now I have to ask..I will not be getting my actuall game till around the 27th...yeah I know my fault for pre-ordering from wally world..but anyway..so I am going to loose my free 30 days that come with the game because I dont enter my activation cd key by the 21st..ok thanx in advance

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so now I have to ask..I will not be getting my actuall game till around the 27th...yeah I know my fault for pre-ordering from wally world..but anyway..so I am going to loose my free 30 days that come with the game because I dont enter my activation cd key by the 21st..ok thanx in advance

No, your 30 days start from when you enter your game code.

Despite people's complaints the past few days with the Early Access and all that, I really appreciate the work and communication from Bioware. You've done a real good job sofar, and this is about the smoothest (early) launch I've seen.

a happy customer

So from what I can make out, if we all just wait until the 22nd before redeeming we get two extra days free? Even if we have our code, surely it's beneficial just to use the grace period up before redeeming?

If you want to (ab)use a 'service' provided to people who got screwed over retail delivery ... ofc you can do it.

It is just as going to the Salvation Army and grab some free food provided to the poor, while your fridge is full at home.

Only downside (beside the tiny moral thingy) would be the delayed access to your virtual items, if you ordered the CE or DDE.

I read this and almost fell off my chair...wait no i did :)...Thank you Bioware. And for all you other Aussies too amazon should have already shipped the game. They have shipped mine already and with the fastest shipping method it tells me i'll have it on the 21st so the 2 days grace period is perfect for me. I did keep on amazons back tho about the shipping date because they were really slack in changing them.

I appreciate EA/BW listening to the community and all

but this could be handled much better if they announced this a week back when instead they came out with the no grace period announcement

they made a lot of people angry and also made a lot of people change their plans

but I guess EA's strategy worked, since a lot of people cancelled their Physical preorders and switched to Origin digital ones

so better than nothing, but still not very nice altogether

If you want to (ab)use a 'service' provided to people who got screwed over retail delivery ... ofc you can do it.

It is just as going to the Salvation Army and grab some free food provided to the poor, while your fridge is full at home.

Only downside (beside the tiny moral thingy) would be the delayed access to your virtual items, if you ordered the CE or DDE.

While I understand the sentiment behind your statement, I have to point out theres a big *********** difference between the two.

my box is estimated to arrive on the 24th =o= not that I actually want to play on the 24th/25th (I also will be working both days...) BUT THE 23RD! OMG!! NOO!!! lol.... mmo launch forums have got to be one of the most entertaining things in all of history.

a youtube compilation of all the whiners freakin out would no doubt earn a million hits a day for pure RIDICULOUSNESS!!! rift, ffxiv, every mmo launch I've ever been in it's the exact same story =o= (except maybe EQ1, nobody knew any better back then)

I wouldn't have minded more digital copies available online though... Origin is just far too wretched for me to give money to or I'd forgo getting a hard copy all together like every other game I buy. no big deal though.

on a side note i work in a big hotel and there is a really bad band playing on the floor above me so I am excused from trying to do actual work XD

Edited by Malkere

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.