Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Giving a grace period for STAR WARS: The Old Republic

GregZeschuk

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in other words, those that got in earlier for EAG will get another 2 days worth of game time, right? And those that are not in EAG will still get nothing..

Nothing new for those overseas and pre ordered, which / might receive their physical game between the 21st and 28th December...

Can't please everyone.

Amazon came through! I just received this email today:

Hello XXXXX XXXXX,

Thank you for shopping with us. We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your item(s), and that this completes your order. Your order is on its way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item from this shipment or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com.

Your estimated delivery date is:

Friday, December 16, 2011

Your order was sent to:

XXXXXXXX

XXXXX XXXXX Ave

XXXXXX, XXXXXXXX, XXXXX

United States

Your package is being shipped by UPS and the tracking number is XXXXXXXXXXXXX. Depending on the shipping method you chose, it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.

Shipment Details

Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle

Sold by Amazon.com LLC (Amazon.com) $149.95

Item Subtotal: $149.95

Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00

Promotion Applied: -$0.00

Total Before Tax: $149.95

Shipment Total: $149.95

Paid by Visa: $149.95

Returns are easy. Visit our Online Return Center.

If you need further assistance with your order, please visit Customer Service.

We hope to see you again soon!

Amazon.com

And check out the delivery date: Dec 16...tomorrow. I am a member of Amazon Prime, so I had 2-day shipping. Big thanks and kudos to Stephen Reid and the others who've played a role in making this happen.

Why would I activate my code early... I can get 2 days of free play time by activating it early...

Just.... what... WHY?!

Just give every one two days of play time OR Take it out of their 30 days...

Sence: THIS MAKES NONE!

I will be entering my code as soon as I am booted from the server (assuming I don't want to sleep) To drag as much freeloaded time out of it as possible!

Awesome! I take it that this must be in part the reason Amazon revised the shipping date for my copy to come out here to Australia as it was shipped yesterday and should be here on the 21st, so this grace period is perfect. Thank you very much!:jawa_biggrin:

I pre-ordered yesterday from amazon when a new batch became available. Mine was shipped today,will arrive tomorrow,and I cancelled that wal-mart mess. I also will try to play tonight. Thank you.

EA's Origin is not emailing us the codes til tomorrow, well tomorrow is their day to do maintenance, hopefully everything goes well, because I am also expecting that tomorrow will be the day I finally get an invite for the Early Access. Six hours of maintenance from midnight to 6 am pacific time. Then that shuts down and the roll-out e-mail invites begin, ..and sometime in all that Origins is supposed to give me my code.

It will be interesting to see if all of this goes off without a hitch.

I'll update on these occurences, because right now, I am doubting this will work. :D hehehe

Like.

Well done guys.

It's a bit late to make any difference to myself and the rest of my friends, but still, nice to know you made an effort and got a result.

Good game, by the way. :)

A Bioware MMO - and they said it couldn't be done! ;)

Jason

They are, but you still need an active subscription agreement to have your account be active. This is no different than any other MMO. You will not be billed until AFTER your 30 days is up.

GamewizX is correct. You won't be billed for the first 30 days but you do have to have some sort of subscription information entered before the grace period ends in order to continue playing. If you don't believe it, then you can see it for yourself at https://account.swtor.com/user/account. In the left hand box they list all the steps you need to take in order to have an "active" account. One of those steps is indeed subscription information.

This is great news, for most.

Sucks that I wont get mine until after Christmas, since I have an FPO address, and it wont get here by the 22nd. Oh how i wish the grace period could be extended a few extra days for military...

But.. .2 days is better than nothing!

This helps a little for most but I ask why it wasn't organised so that retail could ship boxes a week early - it's not like anyone can do anything with it until the game launches.

Also given how it is, why wasn't the grace period part of the 30-days you get and hence it could be made a week at least. The way it is we are being given an extra two days free early access really and I can understand the desire not to extend that beyond 2 days as it would cost about 1 a million per day assuming 2 million pre-orders worldwide.

I hope in the future publishers can organise with retailers to ship pre-orders 1 week early, then this would solve all the problems.

For what it's worth though, thank you for the 2 days grace.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.