Alot people forget that this game is new...

Bobbergs

Again, compare TOR to Rift, which also came out in 2011 and had all of the requested UI and engine functions people were expecting at launch.

Do not derail to Rift subscriber numbers in an attempt to avoid the fact that TOR launched without a lot of core functionality that has proven to be launchable by other developers and games.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, compare TOR to Rift, which also came out in 2011 and had all of the requested UI and engine functions people were expecting at launch.

Do not derail to Rift subscriber numbers in an attempt to avoid the fact that TOR launched without a lot of core functionality that has proven to be launchable by other developers and games.

Yes, Rift had all that functionality, but was lacking in plain enjoyability. I will take enjoyability over combat log any day.

Edited by Tygranir

You still cannot compare TOR launch to WoW launch.

Want to know why?

Because when you release game with the intention of beating the heavy competition, then you have something that can compete with them. Such as a LFG tool or anything else this sinking ship is lacking.

THEN you add something new and innovative and win.

If you do not start out on a competitive level from the start, you're years behind.[/QUOTE]

/Ding. You sir are correct

Why do people keep trying to find new ways to excuse incompetence and the fact that Bioware is so obviously out of their league? Do you score points for this?

The OP may have been a bit off on his message, but the main issue is this: The majority of people here enjoy the game. It is not broken. It has not failed. It is far from complete or perfect, but it is still very enjoyable. We are just sick of people taking it to the extreme and bringing down the overall atmosphere of these forums.

People have the right to tell bioware what is wrong with their game/ complain. Actually, bioware probably prefers this, because without these complaints they wouldn't know how to make their game better. (sure maybe not everybody at bioware enjoys the complaints, but I bet the chief designers/producers/etc. use it to their advantage) Or that's what I would do if I was in their shoes.

A new game needs to have at least the features a game that was previously released has.

A game that's released in 2011/2012 should be measured against games in 2011/2012 not games in 2003/2004.

Besides that, TOR is still lacking many features that other games of the same ilk had at launch back in 2003 like chat bubbles or post-creation character customization like barber shops/plastical surgery/image design. And while WOW may not have had that at launch, other, even older games like Star Wars Galaxies did.

This is also very correct. So many wise people here.

Why do people keep trying to find new ways to excuse incompetence and the fact that Bioware is so obviously out of their league? Do you score points for this?

Because you care about a LFG feature or something else i really don't care about why does that make it an excuse?

The fact that i think chat bubbles are a joke and laugh everytime i hear someone request them doesn't make it an excuse, it makes it a difference of opinion.

Do you think we should all want the same things as you? Would you like to send out a state approved list of MMO features comrade?

Edited by TheHeadCapper

People have the right to tell bioware what is wrong with their game/ complain. Actually, bioware probably prefers this, because without these complaints they wouldn't know how to make their game better. (sure maybe not everybody at bioware enjoys the complaints, but I bet the chief designers/producers/etc. use it to their advantage) Or that's what I would do if I was in their shoes.

That is fine. Complain and let them know that improvement is needed and where to work on things. But people saying "BioWare is out of their league" "SWTOR has failed" "Game is broken" Doesn't help at all. In fact, it makes the naysayers all look like trolls when posting things like that. As they are not helping to improve the game at all, but are still lurking these forums and spreading their negativity.

I think the problem is bioware lost sight of how to create a modern MMORPG

they're a story driven RPG company and focused far too much on crap like full voice acting than basic MMORPG functionality

i think the problem is they never had this "sight"

they still don't and they aren't going to.

These small little features such as meters and LFG tools are not a necessity.

WoW can't even compare because small, convenient features don't necessarily make the game.

WoW has a terrible atmosphere, a graphical style that makes me feel like I'm playing Spongebob, a horrendous grind to get to end level, and PvP that revolves entirely around stuns.

SW:TOR has a leg up on WoW in that they have done something revolutionary, theyve made the leveling process fun and interesting! If you WoW fanbois prefer to go back to your mindless 12 hour a day grindfest, be my guest, won't miss you.

TOR's story aspects may simply be surface deep, having no real impact but atleast it's interesting. Don't forget, video games only recently began to adopt the "choose your destiny" style of story-telling and most still don't. End-game content and bug fixes will come, in the meantime, quit rushing alts to 50 as fast as you can and ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME!

Edited by InfamousXS

That is fine. Complain and let them know that improvement is needed and where to work on things. But people saying "BioWare is out of their league" "SWTOR has failed" "Game is broken" Doesn't help at all. In fact, it makes the naysayers all look like trolls when posting things like that. As they are not helping to improve the game at all, but are still lurking these forums and spreading their negativity.

Mostly they just come across as tools. I agree being constructive instead of idiotic would help these people.

compare TOR now with WoW now. WoW launch dosen't matter at all

WoW now does not matter, period. Most people are just tired of the franchise.

Comparing one MMO to another does not matter either. Assess a game on it's own merits, not the merits of another game.

Play if you want to, do not play if you do not want to. Play whatever game you want to play. Play 3 at a time if that's what floats your boat.

The constant debating from both sides as to which MMO is better is pointless, tedious, and silly. Also emotionally immature in most cases.

Comparing one MMO to another does not matter either. Assess a game on it's own merits, not the merits of another game.

Play if you want to, do not play if you do not want to. Play whatever game you want to play. Play 3 at a time if that's what floats your boat.

The constant debating from both sides as to which MMO is better is pointless, tedious, and silly. Also emotionally immature in most cases.

I wish more people had your intelligence.

There is a pretty huge difference between silly fanboy wars and making a comparison between the features of two products.

This is basic capitalism here. There are multiple companies out there who all want my money to play their MMO. I'm going to compare and contrast the features and content of said games before deciding which game to subscribe to (in the long term).

As of right now I simply don't see myself continuing to play TOR much longer, other games simply do what it does better.

And you still subbed. You still lurk the forums. They must have done something right.

I love this game, I want it to succeed, and I am a huge Star Wars and Bioware fan boy.

But I am not a blind follower, they have also done plenty wrong. I scratch my eyes out hoping they fix it because I had such high hopes for this game. But they are breaking my heart. They really are.

I love this game, I want it to succeed, and I am a huge Star Wars and Bioware fan boy.

But I am not a blind follower, they have also done plenty wrong. I scratch my eyes out hoping they fix it because I had such high hopes for this game. But they are breaking my heart. They really are.

Oh please, your signature shows you for what you are. They aren't listening to us? Really even with the ability delay fixes, the survey asking for input and plethora of other things.....Really?

Or is that you as a special snowflake want them to specifically address the issues you feel are important? What a joke.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

This is basic capitalism here. There are multiple companies out there who all want my money to play their MMO. I'm going to compare and contrast the features and content of said games before deciding which game to subscribe to (in the long term).

When you make said assessment in the privacy of your own home and come to your own conclusion as to what you want to do, you A) exhibit adult levels of emotional maturity, and B) do yourself and everyone else a service.

When you come to a forum and constantly make it a public display, you are at best trying to influence peddle because you seem to need others to agree with (and validate) you and/or B) having flashbacks to your times back on the playground playing "I know you are! but what am I?"

As of right now I simply don't see myself continuing to play TOR much longer, other games simply do what it does better.

Great, you have solved your issue and made your choice.

It was unnecessary to share it with the rest of the world. We don't need to know, and most of us can make up our minds for ourselves. We cannot do anything about your choice, and your choice does not affect us (unless we let it affect us).

People are whining for Dungeon Finders, Damage Meters, Threath meters, Healing Meters, Balanced PVP etc etc. And I understand that, cause I want those things aswell.

BUT stop saying that SW:ToR is a failed game because they don't have all this, while for example WoW does. WoW had NOTHING, and I repeat NOTHING, of this at launch.

.... Yeah. WoW also didn't have any competition out there that did have all those things. That's kind of where your entire argument breaks down.

It's a different ballgame now.

.... Yeah. WoW also didn't have any competition out there that did have all those things. That's kind of where your entire argument breaks down.

It's a different ballgame now.

It depends on the person, Wow certianly isn't competition to SWTOR for me, i have no interest in WoW. The game has been boring for years.

Edited by TheHeadCapper