Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

challenge to those complaining about sage/sorcerer

Emperor_Troll

roll a sage or sorcerer, level to 50 and get geared up with centurion/champ gear. then, create a complete series of unedited videos of you pug pvping in wzs (the entire match from start to finish) until you get to 60 valor and post them on youtube in exact order. for each video you must clearly show your gear, your exact valor level and teammate info by mouseover.

post your youtube name and info here so we can all analyze your progress, personal performance and the matches thoroughly.

gl

roll a sage or sorcerer, level to 50 and get geared up with centurion/champ gear. then, create a complete series of unedited videos of you pug pvping in wzs (the entire match from start to finish) until you get to 60 valor and post them on youtube in exact order. for each video you must clearly show your gear, your exact valor level and teammate info by mouseover.

post your youtube name and info here so we can all analyze your progress, personal performance and the matches thoroughly.

gl

lol, i rather just exaggerate about everything on the forums and make logical fallacies all day and cry.

Where did this attitude come from that if you don't play a class, you don't get to discuss it? Foolish. I've probably been in thousands of fights and hundreds of warzones with Sorcerers. My best friend plays a Sage whom I've dabbled with, and I also PvP with him regularly so I know what he can and does do in an average game. Just because I haven't played one doesn't exclude me from the conversation. I know what the class can and cannot do and how they perform just fine from a different perspective.

And no, I'm not calling for a nerf, but I can tell you for sure that they do not need a buff.

Where did this attitude come from that if you don't play a class, you don't get to discuss it? Foolish. I've probably been in thousands of fights and hundreds of warzones with Sorcerers. My best friend plays a Sage whom I've dabbled with, and I also PvP with him regularly so I know what he can and does do in an average game. Just because I haven't played one doesn't exclude me from the conversation. I know what the class can and cannot do and how they perform just fine from a different perspective.

And no, I'm not calling for a nerf, but I can tell you for sure that they do not need a buff.

less talk and more videos plz

if you push only 2 buttons while fighting a sorc or sage you deserve to Die!

i can 1v1 then had some epic fights!

if its to Hard go back to PvE till you can use hotkeys

Ill take you on i dont care who you are im Darth Allister!

Well, you've shown yourself to be completely incapable of intelligent discussion. I should have known from your name. My mistake. Goodbye.

please pay attention.

until people start posting videos for the community to analyze, there is no need for "intelligent discussion" until we actually have something to intelligently discuss.

ty

The only thing this would show is that when a sage takes on someone who doesn't know anything about sages, they **** its face. And, when a sage tries to do something stupid like stand toe-to-toe with a marauder, they get their face *****.

Sage/Sorc is a balanced class. They are the jack of all trades, but also squishy as hell and easy to kill if you know what to do with them.

You don't need to go reroll one to discover this - just need to learn how to play against one.

The only thing this would show is that when a sage takes on someone who doesn't know anything about sages, they **** its face. And, when a sage tries to do something stupid like stand toe-to-toe with a marauder, they get their face *****.

Sage/Sorc is a balanced class. They are the jack of all trades, but also squishy as hell and easy to kill if you know what to do with them.

You don't need to go reroll one to discover this - just need to learn how to play against one.

Quoted For Truth

I agree with this.

If anyone needs a buff its the Pyro Mercs

They have no burst and stuff <_<

Without a combat log players cannot really prove or disprove a Sorcerer is OP or not..

All i notice is people who whine about sorcerers act like they are ALL three specs in one running around doing ultra damage and single handedly winning Warzones by themselves.

Now... as someone who runs with a corruption spec Sorcerer i have to say it sucks to be a Heal spec sorcerer. Last night my friend wracked up 540k healing and an awesome 5 medals. I wracked up 140k protection and 123k damage (Immortal Spec) i got out of that 8 medals.

A healer doing their job trying to keep people from dying (I know some of you hate that and think they should be UTTERLY worthless! I mean how dare they deny your god characters kill) gets little in return for their efforts.

Now a DPS Sorcerer can get A TON of medals because even though their heals do not have the efficiency and they do not have as many they still heal spell for spell the exact same if not just a tad bit less.

So the really the Legitimate gripe players should have is the healing capacity of a "Hybrid" dps class. Example a Madness sorcerer's Dark Infusion should not be healing for the same amount as a Corruptions.

Just take some time and study the trees and you will find that DPS trees for Ops/Sorcerers/Mercenaries/Commando. They all have abilities to make the very self sustaining and easily enjoy accruing medals.

Edited by Venilator

So what about the class wich is the jack of a single trade (and doing an average job at it), but even more squishy and easy to kill if you look funny at it?

Hint: it was sorcerers' hard counter and one of the least played classes but, surprisingly enough, has been the first to feel the nerf hammer.

gl

If you care so much, why arnt you doing this. Show us those tears you apparently had to shed lvling and we'll pretend we care about your class. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how I feel about a Sorc/Sage nerf. That said, a case could be made for nerfing Sorcerers and Sages just to improve balance between the numbers of people playing each class, regardless of whether Sorcerers or Sages are overpowered or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.