Healer Request Compilation

RuQu

We have lost half our guild and the remaining members are actively discussing alternative games to play.

Nobody wants to heal any more because they get blamed for PvE wipes and PvP losses.

All of the StarWars lore that could be holding things together is just to expensive for all but those willing to grind, grind, grind for credits. Almost 1 million credits to swap out a set of gear? Ridiculous, especially when it's clear some gear is not properly optimized for the class.

I agree with sentiments regarding GZ. I too will seriously consider avoiding any future game under his oversight.

While I too might enjoy experiencing some of the alternate class quest stories, it's not worth $15 a month when the primary game is so busted.

I too would appreciate a frank dialog between Devs and healers since my primary toon was a BH/Merc Bodyguard, now playing as a Arsenal or Pyrotech. But I'm sorry to say I think BioWare is too immature a MMO developer to admit their mistakes.

Frankly patch 1.2 was probably the final chance to get a boost in server populations and reintroduce the game and they screwed the pooch. Based on announcements for 1.3, I see nothing that excites me. At a minimum I needed Dual Spec to help make my primary toon any fun to play and that will not be included.

Oh well, the silver lining, I have met a lot of great people and I look forward to playing with them within whatever game we end up play instead of SWTOR.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope GZ is coming back from his holiday soon, and give some more info if this all worked the way it was intended. Honestly i doubt it.

Just in case you didnt noticed: last post from GZ was two weeks ago.

I hope GZ is coming back from his holiday soon, and give some more info if this all worked the way it was intended. Honestly i doubt it.

Just in case you didnt noticed: last post from GZ was two weeks ago.

I can't be the only one thinking less GZ on the healer forum would be a marked improvement.

Can we have someone else instead? =[

Edited by CaptainApop

I can't be the only one thinking less GZ on the healer forum would be a marked improvement.

Can we have someone else instead? =[

IIRC, he has only posted here directly once, in bobudo's thread warning of the consequences if they didn't fix healers in 1.2. It was right before the 1.2 notes hit, and basically said "It's hard to comment on changes coming without the whole picture. Just because I say we are changing X doesn't mean we aren't changing Y." It actively hinted that other positive changes were coming beyond the RN/KC change, and the patch notes hit like 2 days later. In other words, he was well aware of the negative changes coming while actively trying to sell it as full of healer positive changes.

Most of the rest of his healer related remarks have been in Q&As, interviews, or in random class sub-forums. Never here.

While I think most people would prefer a non-GZ representative to talk to, I think the bigger issue is that there is no one talking to us at all. They haven't acknowledged the problem, they haven't made statements about unilaterally fixing it, and they certainly haven't made overtures to start a dialogue about how the community feels and/or what we would do to fix it.

While I think most people would prefer a non-GZ representative to talk to, I think the bigger issue is that there is no one talking to us at all. They haven't acknowledged the problem, they haven't made statements about unilaterally fixing it, and they certainly haven't made overtures to start a dialogue about how the community feels and/or what we would do to fix it.

"You know healers. Bunch of *****y little girls."

Now that the GZ quotes are starting to dry up, I think I'm going to move on to Sam Axe quotes spun in a way that sounds like he's working for the dev team. :cool:

Before GZ has to talk to us i think his investors want a few words with him. I mean in busness today you dont hold up 300 million of investors money to return to them after half a decade no profit. Even with the so called 1.7 million sales and what now is maybe 500k subs if even that i still havent seen even the busiest server ever have over 200 people on the fleet. I mean look at the promises he made to us that are small little things he cant deliver on. You think he got 300 million by showing a busines plan that said well after 5 years well launch then have less subs 6 months later? Lol he lied and probably said that im going to make another wow. Hes a pathological liar its not like we dont have the proof hes lied to us more then ever telling the truth so what makes anyone ever assume he isnt lying to the investors. Im pretty sure his leash is very short right now. He isnt talking becaue hes not allowed to everything lately he has said has been things he can guarantee are happening. Thats why we never see patch notes early. We never have anything said anymore not just cause we know its not true its because his boss knos its not true. Its easy to lie when u kno someone a month its not easy when its been years we know who GZ is and now everyone else is finding out.

It comes down to money thats why the game was made. Whats the one thing we know is true about EA? They are money hungry. Right now a game declining is messing with EAs money and no one messes with EAs money. You can copy GC's initials but we all know GZ aint no GC.

Lets list all the ways the community has tried to save the game

Beta constant lists and threads regarding issues with game that need fixed and i mean huge QoL issues and gambreaking bugs

Forums constant proof from the community about issues in the game. I mean smart good people built algorithms and equations to track what the people building the game could not track. Not only were requests made but proof hard physical proof good enought to get some a guilty verdict.

Ptr a huge huge hue slap in theface and what i personally think killed any theorycrafter or core class mechanic posters. If not all most of them the people who 99% of players go to to find out how the game and their class works. Ptr was a mess not only the changes made on it but the entire way it was implemented was just bioware putting up. Roadblock so the community had to work harder to find the devs mistakes. Mistakes were never fixed they were hidden in ways they couldnt be found. The ptr for 1.2 imo was the worst thing ive ever experienced in a mmo in 10 years. Nothin has upset and let me down as much as 1.2 ptr just all around.

Then the responses to dev posts. The balls they have to tell us healing is being merfed and even medpacks MEDPACKS because the content the devs are paid to make is too easy. LOL No **** Sherlock we know that and guess what it still is. Its not the class or the players or the game its you bioware its you. Its all on you. We warned u millions of people warned u bioware milions and u till did it. My mom one person in my life and im sure the same can be said for most peple told me to look both ways before crossing the street and i still do it 30 pluus years later. Bioware millions of peple not one not two not 100 or 1000 or 10000 or 100000 but millions told u wat u were doing wrong and then proved it and u still cannot take the advice. You ruined ur own thing i guarantee this game right now at no point of the day has more then 20k people loggedin to all servers combined. I really really hope the patch noted for 1.3 will blown my socks off because i never have quit a mmo i even pay for rift that i havent played in 6 months just to support the mmo markt but bioware u will be the first game i delete ever in my mmo life and a regret i have forever bcause i thought u could do one thing right one thing other have been doing right u could copy one thing u should do because its all u do ur job.

Oh everyone dont forget the great post about pvp and ttk. Explaining to us that the single reason ttk is short is because u need expertise gear.

Wow problem solved were so stupid we didnt realize to wear pvp gear. Is it me or did that post make u think that GZ really thinks he invented pvp gear? Since of course the 2nd car ever made didnt have round tires until the guy who made the first car told number 2 about it. Lol.

What was that night like for GZ? Man the players think TTk is too short...i got it the pvp community doesnt know about pvp gear. Ill go ahead and tell them so it fixes the issue with pvp. Problem solved now to go to bed...hmm wonder if i can invite some fanbois with me they need rest too.

Edited by Masturomenos

Hey they gave a round about answer again in this week's Q&A:

healing roles have their own targets. When someone is off target (too high or too low), we try to find non-invasive ways of bringing them closer to target.

LOLOLOL If the Super Charged Gas change was "non-invasive", I'd hate to see an invasive change!!

Full quote for fairness:

Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer): The damage boosts to Snipers and Gunslingers that you're referring to was actually a targeted weapon damage boost. We found an error in the assumptions we use for the mathematical interactions between weapon damage and defense chances. Without going into the boring specifics, we found that weapon damage (especially in abilities with high costs, high cooldowns, or high activation times) could be somewhat underappreciated. When we change our assumptions and come up with a new model like in this situation, we have two diametrically opposed goals: 1) to propagate all necessary changes to the game so that it's using our most recent math, which opposes the second goal 2) maintaining balance without blindly following our math. We altered the abilities that would pick up a significant enough change to be worth making without having a negative effect on the balance of the game. The list you're referring to is the result.

Class change prioritization is a bigger topic. Without getting too long-winded on the subject, what we're aiming to do with any class change is get a class or spec as close to target as we can. These "targets" are objective math-based goals that apply identically to all like-roles. By that I mean that all DPS specs have the same target because they are all the same role: damage dealing. Tank roles have their own targets, and healing roles have their own targets. When someone is off target (too high or too low), we try to find non-invasive ways of bringing them closer to target. We don't try to bring classes closer to target because we're mean - we do it because the global game math assumes everyone hits their target. When someone doesn't hit their target, it has an adverse effect on the game at large. And since rebalancing the entire game to accommodate an outlying spec is completely infeasible, we address the outlying performers with class changes, individually, as appropriate. It's an ongoing experience that we'll never be done with, so prioritization is based on what we feel is the most egregious in any given patch. How we identify outliers and how we determine which is the most egregious is... another bigger topic.

Hey they gave a round about answer again in this week's Q&A:

LOLOLOL If the Super Charged Gas change was "non-invasive", I'd hate to see an invasive change!!

Yeah, I thought this too, Silva.

Surely they can't keep a straight face while writing these answers... I sure can't. So many references to fine tuning and non-invasive changes when they just made huge changes to Mercs and Sorcs which changed the entire way we play the classes. Do they know what invasive means?

Yeah, I thought this too, Silva.

Surely they can't keep a straight face while writing these answers... I sure can't. So many references to fine tuning and non-invasive changes when they just made huge changes to Mercs and Sorcs which changed the entire way we play the classes. Do they know what invasive means?

Well, to be fair, they didn't gather up a team of devs with the sole purpose being to stunlock you.

That's about the most invasive thing they could possibly imagine. :rolleyes:

"Ability to keybind any key. Currently many keys, such as ` and ~, the key to the left of 1, are not available for binding."

Actually you can bind those. I currently use ~ for interrupts.

I was wondering the same thing, I have that key set to cycle through friendly targets for healing. Not sure what the problem is.

"Ability to keybind any key. Currently many keys, such as ` and ~, the key to the left of 1, are not available for binding."

Actually you can bind those. I currently use ~ for interrupts.

Someone said the same thing when I first tossed it up, back in February or so. I tested it again and still had the same problem. I assume it's an obscure bug.

so wow is a better game cause they copy others and their devs are trolls?

See people mistake copying with doing smething that is the standard in the industry. All cars have tires right? But thats not considered copying. Thats considered taking a good idea and using it so you can focus on the things others havent done well or perfected. The way blizz communicates allows them to troll becuse they communicate. I wouldnt mind devs having fun with us when they communicate because they are actually communiating with us and allowing us to know and by knowing shape the future of the game. Blizz has a ptr that does what its meant to do listen to us and fix it accordingly before launching a patch or xpac.

Mmos have a standard now. Its not the beginning of the industry its well into its life. To not use basic QoL ideas that have become the norm is the wrong way to do things. To launch a game without server transfers, lfg que, pvp cross realm que, adjustable ui and many more things expected from players is bad business.

The community isnt complaining about new ideas bioware put into the game and did to revolutionize the mmo industry the community is complaining about things bioware should have done already.

I expected bioware to add to the mmo industry and right now all theyve done is take it a step back.

If just the ability to que for a group or cross server pvp was in game now the amount of subs lost would hve been consierably less. Server transfer less subs lost. Class changes made in 1.2 less subs lost. The fact that every patch bioware puts out makes people quit rather then stay subbed is not a good sign. Working to make less money makes no sense.

The fact that we dont have 1.3 notes and a ptr (working ptr with character copy and equal ilvl gear available to all) is not makig me feel better. 1.3 in my opinion will be the future of this game. If its not what the community expects then sure the game wont shutdown but i can tell you this theyll never see a million subs again. Sure may not be a failure but itll be as close to one as possible especially since the energy, money, time put into making this game was more then any other mmo in the history of mmos. There are plenty of games out there made for 1/4th the money that it cost to make swtor and they can hold 500k to 1000k subs.

Healing especially needs to be fixed in 1.3 and i dont mean nerfed or for that matter buffed % wise. It needs to be made fun and viable for all AC's. Bounty hunters need to get their resources back and they need to make multiple spells more engaging. Sorcs need to gain survivability and also go back to their older way of regaining resources. Ops need to have the ability to use diagnostc scan on the move and the ability to cast more then 3 times before going oom if they want to ever be considered a tank healer rather then just spend the raid cycling thru target frames refreshing hots.

But before anything else bioware needs to make the game available to all players on all servers. Right now unless ur on one of a handful of servers no amount of class changes fixes the fact u cant fill a group for a op, fp or get a pvp que to pop more then once a hour.

Edited by Masturomenos

another week of Q&A, and another week of no response.

i had my hopes up when I read the hybrid question, but the more the question went on, the more i realized there'd be no response to the healer problem.

another week of Q&A, and another week of no response.

i had my hopes up when I read the hybrid question, but the more the question went on, the more i realized there'd be no response to the healer problem.

It is good that they finally acknowledged the flaws in the design of Alacrity:

Freeborne: Alacrity as a stat seems to be encouraged in "Energy Based' classes (Troopers/Smugglers) through our talent trees. However, Alacrity seems to be a terrible secondary stat for us. The faster we use abilities, the faster we lose our energy - and the less energy we have, the less energy we regenerate. Are there any plans to review Alacrity, or at least its place in some class talent trees?

Austin: I agree. We're exploring ways of improving Alacrity that we hope to get working for a future Game Update. As much as I'd like to, I can't provide details on this plan yet. It's possible that we'll address passive Alacrity boosts in the skill trees, but those changes need to be solid and work for the long haul; it would be unacceptable to have a ‘temporary’ skill in place that we planned on removing at a later date.