Healer Request Compilation

RuQu

I tested it in game and I can use the key in chat, just not as a binding. So the game is registering that key-press.

When I click the button to bind it, the dialogue comes up, but it doesn't react to that key. If I press something else (F1, alt-F, shift-1, Q, etc) it works.

I have permission to change it, I have plenty of other keys rebound.

i use it since the beginning, for me its stim boost on the operative, bubble on the sorc, and taunt on my vanguard.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an I idea I had for Recuperative Nanotech/Kolto Cloud. Or rather, a bunch of ideas working in tandem:

Firstly, have RN/KC restricted to the 4 members of the group that you cast it on; For those who played a priest in WoW, think about how Prayer of Healing used to work. This may sound like it makes the skill worse, but hold on...

Secondly, increase the range so that it reliably hits everyone in that group in most encounters.

Thirdly, give RN/KC the ability to refresh our main HoT on the people it's applied to.

Lastly, (though this may be overkill), remove it's CD.

I think this would help us to more effectively play the role of a HoT healer. Currently you can only reliably keep hots rolling on 4-5 people with little room to cast anything else, at least in my experience. With this change you could keep hots rolling on more people and still have more time for clutch healing.

Edited by Melkiaah

Alot of the advised changes for operative/scoundrel I agree with. The ones I particularly like is the addition of a Tactical advantage cap increase via talent. Another is that Kolto infusion needs some form of change by either removing one of the resource costs or drastically upping it's usefulness as the ability is currently doubledipping the resource cost pool for only moderate healing.

The one ability I feel strongly about is Diagnostic Scan. Not only is the ability is a complete waste of talents, even with talents it is pathetic. Also if you strip away the talents this ability is so worthless you wouldn't touch it with a 9 foot solid gold pole with DS having the consistancy of a fresh pile of steamy bantha poo! This ability should be renamed to Death Scan as I have fond it usually results in the targets death. I support the suggestion that the talents for this abilitiy be converged into a single talent and maybe more. Another possible improvement for this ability would be to have it be a cone based heal for a little extra AoE healing. But it's my opinion that no matter what happens to this ability it needs a major heal increase.

Another issue with operatives healers is there lack of utility. All we really got is shield probe and that is on a 45 sec cooldown unlike the sorc/sage spam shield and doesn't protect for nearly as much and lasts half as long. We need to have some of our heals provide some sort of support effects.

PvP is another issue unlike sorcs and mercs we can't effectively retaliate if attacked from range and have to use obsticales to help close in or use up our restealth just too be able to close safely and get off our strongest hitting attack. The following is a few suggestions to not only give us more utility but help us even the figth against attackers.

1.) Change Sleep Dart so it no longer requires stealth to use and can be used on targets in combat.

2.) Which is sister too number 1. Change Sedatives talent to apply the debuff at 12.5% per rank and have it increase the range by 5.

3.) Add a talant to medicine tree that allows corrosive dart to apply a heal and movement speed debuff. Their needs to be more heal debuffs in the game besides the ones maurauders get.

These changes would allow the medicine operatives to not only gain a closer move so they can safely get into their effective combat range, but also allow them to bring the terget more down to their lvl of combat efficientcy. It also provides useful ranged debuffs to help the team in pvp without having to grossly compromise themselves by getting in to close to do any CC's or stuns.

I had a new idea of my own (below), but I wanted to address Melkiaah's idea first.

Here's an I idea I had for Recuperative Nanotech/Kolto Cloud. Or rather, a bunch of ideas working in tandem:

Firstly, have RN/KC restricted to the 4 members of the group that you cast it on; For those who played a priest in WoW, think about how Prayer of Healing used to work. This may sound like it makes the skill worse, but hold on...

Secondly, increase the range so that it reliably hits everyone in that group in most encounters.

Thirdly, give RN/KC the ability to refresh our main HoT on the people it's applied to.

Lastly, (though this may be overkill), remove it's CD.

I think this would help us to more effectively play the role of a HoT healer. Currently you can only reliably keep hots rolling on 4-5 people with little room to cast anything else, at least in my experience. With this change you could keep hots rolling on more people and still have more time for clutch healing.

Your second point really cuts to the core of the RN/KC issue in my opinion. the 4 target limit wouldn't be so bad if I could control which for party members it was cast on; restricting it to parties of 4 - as parties still exist inside an Operations Group - and using properly setup groups would solve that.

However, for that to work, removing it's cooldown would be a must. It wouldn't be overkill, because casting RN/KC twice would push you to 40 energy (48 with 2-piece PvE) and would be wasted on a group it had been cast on as it has no heal up front. Thus the only utility of casting RN/KC twice in a row would be to put it on multiple groups; this would solve the current issue of RN/KC not scaling in groups like the Sorcerer/Sage AoE.

I see two potential issues:

1. Low amount of healing done. If every part of your idea was implemented, do you think that the healing done by the skill needs to be buffed? I'm of two minds:

1. Yes. This would change RN/KC into a more AoE like skill, making us competitive with the Sorcerer/Sage AoE
    2. No. This would leave RN/KC as less of an AoE heal and more of an area-applied HoT, preserving some diversity. This issue could be minimized depending on how the KP/SRMP refresh worked (e.g. would RN/KC refresh the probes by X seconds every tick, or would it only refresh when cast?)

Which of these is more in-line with your idea?

[*]What did you have in mind for the range? Though I agree for the skill to become useful and reliable it needs to be more than 10m, I think 30m would be too far (specifically for PvP concerns). 15 - 20m? Or do you think it needs 30m?

Regarding Sleep Dart/Tranquilizer

Instead of changing it in the way I initially suggested, I came up with the following:

• Keep all current requirements and restrictions.
  • Keep the current lack of cast time and cooldown.
  • Modify the debuff applied by the talent Sedatives to allow Sleep Dart/Tranquilizer to be recast on the target during the duration of the debuff without the "target out of combat" restrictions (in addition to the current "damage dealt" reduction)
  • Have the debuff apply either (1) when the CC wears off or (2) when the target is attacked and woken up.
  • [For PvP balance concerns, make the debuff fill the target's resolve bar when it is applied, making reapplication of CC impossible]

This would make Sedatives a talent worth having while giving Operative/Scoundrel healers the ability to keep 1 target CC'd throughout a fight.

Edited by bobudo

A very simple element to help address the imbalances of the healers would be to make the primary heal for all healers equivalent regarding Standard Health % Healed (base Heal) and Healing coefficient (healing bonus received on heal). This would actually result in a small buff to all 3 healers (marginal for SS/JC) in addition to yielding a more equal baseline for the three healers.

To that end:

Rapid Scan / Medical Probe

• Modify healing to 0.116 ~ 0.156 * Standard Health (7085 @50) + Healing Coefficient: 3.41

Kolto Injection / Underworld Medicine

• Modify healing to 0.116 ~ 0.156 * Standard Health (7085 @50) + Healing Coefficient: 3.41

Dark Infusion / Deliverance

Your second point really cuts to the core of the RN/KC issue in my opinion. the 4 target limit wouldn't be so bad if I could control which for party members it was cast on; restricting it to parties of 4 - as parties still exist inside an Operations Group - and using properly setup groups would solve that.

However, for that to work, removing it's cooldown would be a must. It wouldn't be overkill, because casting RN/KC twice would push you to 40 energy (48 with 2-piece PvE) and would be wasted on a group it had been cast on as it has no heal up front. Thus the only utility of casting RN/KC twice in a row would be to put it on multiple groups; this would solve the current issue of RN/KC not scaling in groups like the Sorcerer/Sage AoE.

I see two potential issues:

1. Low amount of healing done. If every part of your idea was implemented, do you think that the healing done by the skill needs to be buffed? I'm of two minds:

1. Yes. This would change RN/KC into a more AoE like skill, making us competitive with the Sorcerer/Sage AoE
    2. No. This would leave RN/KC as less of an AoE heal and more of an area-applied HoT, preserving some diversity. This issue could be minimized depending on how the KP/SRMP refresh worked (e.g. would RN/KC refresh the probes by X seconds every tick, or would it only refresh when cast?)

Which of these is more in-line with your idea?

[*]What did you have in mind for the range? Though I agree for the skill to become useful and reliable it needs to be more than 10m, I think 30m would be too far (specifically for PvP concerns). 15 - 20m? Or do you think it needs 30m?

For the refresh rate of our probes, what I had in mind would be an instant renew of them to it's full duration when you cast RN/KC. Essentially in a flawless raid encounter you would only need to apply your probes to each person once, and then keep RN/KC rolling out.

However, my concern is that this may nullify any raid damage aspects of a fight, and future encounters may be built with this ability in mind. While I would like to see OP and Scoundrel healers get a boost, having them be a requirement for a raid would be pushing it too far. =)

This is why I'm unsure if RN/KC should still have it's CD or not.

For the range I would have to agree that 20m should be the absolute limit. In an operation the groups can be setup in a way that this doesn't pose an issue, without giving the ability too much range for PvP encounters.

Edited by Melkiaah

Each healing class needs to be more defined and specialized. Should not give every class access to an AOE heal or a Hot. The class changes recomended would break healing. Keep it simple and define the roll many are confused due to this. The UI and other non class suggestions are right on. Edited by Cythis

Each healing class needs to be more defined and specialized. Should not give every class access to an AOE heal or a Hot. The class changes recomended would break healing. Keep it simple and define the roll many are confused due to this. The UI and other non class suggestions are right on.

No. Healing is already broken.

You cannot have role-based (or niche based) healing in a game where one of the healing classes can already fill all niches (a jack-of-all-trades master-of-all-trades as it where); this is especially true when the most difficult encounters in the game seem designed around the Sorcerer/Sage AoE - if you don't give the other classes a similar ability, they'll continued to be unused.

As we do not advocate for Sorcerer/Sage nerfs here (take it to the PvP forums) our goal is to bring all 3 healing classes to parity.

That doesn't mean "same". In my ideas I've tried to promote turning the Operative/Scoundrel into a HoT based healer. The Mercenary/Commando is already an effective nuke healer, but needs more flexibility with healing raid damage.

I seems like you must play a Sorcerer or Sage to not understand just what end of the stick the rest of us healers got. Have some compassion.

Each healing class needs to be more defined and specialized. Should not give every class access to an AOE heal or a Hot. The class changes recomended would break healing. Keep it simple and define the roll many are confused due to this. The UI and other non class suggestions are right on.

Specialize and define the playstyle, not the Operations role.

An Operative who is based around HoTs with the ability to consume them for burst can be just as effective as someone based around nuke heals or absorption healing, if tuned right.

Remove the cap on Kolto Bomb, and Commandos can suddenly make decent AoE healers. The 10% DR shield it applies would keep them from dying while we slowly nuke healed everyone back up, and the 5% healing buff would help us do so. Its not a magic circle on the ground, but it gets things done while preserving our feel.

What we don't want is to be declared "only MT healers" while Sages are "only raid group healers" and Scoundrels/Operatives are only "aww...that's cute healers."

Edited by RuQu

Big response from today's Q&A. Gonna cross post my take on it here while I sit down to modify the OP to reflect what was said.

It may not be exactly the answer we wanted, but it is the longest Dev response I've seen in a long time, and I read most of the beta Q&As as well.

I think we can at least say that the consistent, constructive, polite feedback does get results, and I think it is worthwhile for us to stay that course.

I, personally, found the tone standoffish and off-putting, but tone is hard to read through the internet without better cues, so that could also be my projecting the defensive position the Healers feel put in. Let's look at what was actually said:

RuQu: Can you provide some details on Healer class design philosophy? Commando/Scoundrel AoE does not scale with group size due to player caps. Are they not intended to fill the raid-healer role? Scoundrels can be highly efficient, but have no tools for doing a short burst of healing.

In short, what is the design intention for each of the healers, and is it intended for them to be balanced so that any possible combination is competitive in Operations, or is a certain mix expected?

First and foremost, yay for getting my question chosen and such a long response.

Georg Zoeller: Our stance is that all full healer specs should be viable for all type of content, which is the case, even for 16 man Operations. Our own players have no issues clearing any of the content in the game, on all difficulty levels, with any healer spec. Data from the Live game shows Operations, at all sizes, being successfully run with Commando and Scoundrel healers. It is expected for certain Operations bosses to create challenges for different healer archetypes (e.g. due to mobility requirements), but overall, every healer archetype is capable of successfully healing through any Operations and Flashpoint content in the game (currently and in the future).

First, we do need to acknowledge how hard it is to write such a long response knowing that every word will be picked over (as I'm about to) with a fine toothed comb, especially because the Devs have no way of knowing exactly what words in my first question I considered the most important. As such, we can't expect them to understand our intentions perfectly, nor expect perfect responses. That said....on to tearing it apart!

Note the bolded words. In my question I asked if any combination would be competitve, the response was about viability. Many of the Scoundrels and Operatives reporting in here have said they can clear content, they just can't do it as well. Viable and capable are synonyms here, competitive is not. The tone of this paragraph put me on bad footing for the rest of it, as it comes across as dismissive of the problem, likely due to misinterpreting competitive to mean viable.

With regards to your question about Commando/Scoundrel Area of Effect healing not scaling to group size, please understand that no heal, on any class, scales with group size. The most powerful Area of Effect heals in the game (Salvation/Revivification) affects up to 8 players, but does not scale with group size. These abilities are very costly, have an activation time requirement and require the targets to stand in a localized area for ten seconds to receive the full benefit. We plan on improving the overall Area of Effect healing performance of the Mercenary/Commando in the next major Game Update (1.2) by increasing the number of targets affected by Kolto Missile/Kolto Bomb.

1) This is the first confirmation Salv is limited to 8. Good to know.

2) I'd say healing every player for the same amount whether it is 1-8 is scaling to group size in my definition. The Healing per Cast Time and Healing Per Resource Spent both increase as the number of players increase. What is true is that the spell itself doesn't change, like some WoW AoEs that would heal every player over X for less than the first X.

3) While 8 would be nice, I'm guessing it is moving to 4. Not what I wanted, not what I'm hoping for, but acceptable. No word on smart-healing.

As for Scoundrels having no tools for short burst healing, we don’t agree with that assessment. A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed. That said, we certainly think there’s room for improvements (and our upcoming Game Update 1.2 has a sizeable chunk of such improvements). For example, we are shifting the healing created by the Kolto Cloud ability to be front loaded in 1.2 to allow it to act as an emergency Area of Effect healing tool.

While I'm not a Scoundrel, I think I have enough of a handle on how people play them to know that you can't stack and hold onto UH. Any time you are at 2 and not spending it is wasted UH procs, therefore their usage gets rolled into the standard rotation. With a coefficient of 1.38, a single EMP is not sufficient to count as burst on its own, and that is all you can get out of the 1UH you tend to carry. I found this paragraph off-putting as it seemed ignorant of the way the class is played while stating disagreement with the complaints of those who play it. Again, I'm not a Scoundrel, but that's how I read it.

The section in bold, however, is turnabout. Sadly the first half of the paragraph was off-putting enough to not notice the good news at the bottom of it until rereading it.

1. They admit something is wrong. I, for one, had stated I'd be happy with a one line response of "We have not forgotten you." Admission that work is needed is even better.
  2. Changes are coming soonish - in 1.2
  3. The changes are "sizable." This suggests they are not just adjusting coefficients and costs, but actually putting work into it.
  4. AoE is getting looked at. The change to Kolto Cloud / RN should greatly increase the utility of that ability, especially as it is instant. Changing the way the ability works (front-loading) provides additional evidence that they are planning to make reasonable modifications, not just number tweaking.
  5. I'd be a little happier if they had mentioned a change to any ability that was similar to any of the community suggested changes in the compilation thread. That would demonstrate that they had read it, considered it, and went in a similar (if slightly different) direction.

Finally, the perception of a specific class being not desirable can also be affected by the desirability of other classes. For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so.

If you look at their skill tree, it is explicit that the buff affects the next 1 ability. This is a bug fix, not a nerf. That said, the first half of that paragraph had an ominous tone...

Maybe not the changes we wanted, but changes, are coming. Real changes even by the looks of things, and they have not forgotten we are here.

@RuQu

I think you've got it spot on, especially about it sounding better as it sinks in.

It's clear that Georg's statements likely were sent to PR before released, or he himself has a considerable talent for PRspeak; notice the framing - in every instance he acknowledges an issue, he first has to say that it's not an issue immediately before hand.

It makes us angry because we know it's not true. But to the masses, it sounds like everything is fine, and that's what the Q&A's are about.

I'm excited for 1.2 and the changes Georg made. Sure, it might take something more than 1 patch (it likely will) but I think it means we're being heard.

OR this is all post-rationalization and 1.2 will be a massive let down. We'll see :)

Trooper invests a great deal of skill points to boost supercharge and it's abilities but when we activate supercharge it does not allow us to gain charges. This makes any skills we spent on supercharge useless/less useful for 1/3 of the time we are fighting. When the supercharge buff is active we should still build supercharge stacks.

Trooper invests a great deal of skill points to boost supercharge and it's abilities but when we activate supercharge it does not allow us to gain charges. This makes any skills we spent on supercharge useless/less useful for 1/3 of the time we are fighting. When the supercharge buff is active we should still build supercharge stacks.

Currently it takes 10 Hammer Shots afterwards to get to 30, or an AP/MP combo will generate 6 in the time of 2 HS, so still 15seconds. 10 seconds in, 15 seconds out.

You can cast AP/MP 3 times during it, so that's 18 charges you would have coming out, needing only 4 HS casts to get the remaining 12, which takes 6 seconds. You would then be 10 seconds in, 6 seconds out.

Do you think that might be overpowered? Or not allow sufficient regen to even exploit it? It would stop being a burst mode, and start being default.

One suggestion I have for Scoundrels is to give all the heal skills that require UH an energy cost with the UH proc as an alternative way to pay for the skill. This way, the healer would always have access to his full array of healing abilities and the UH would be a benefit instead of a limiting resource... Of course, the new energy cost for all the heal skills would need to be adjusted in light of this...

@RuQu, @bobudo

I brought my security key to work today specifically to thank you both for the efforts you put in on behalf of the healing community. I believe that without the discussions you have prompted and kept alive with your continued posting, we might not have received the reply we got in this weeks Q&A.

I for one am very pleased with the response we received, though it may have been vague (I don't think anyone expected specifics) it gives me hope for the future of healing in this game.

Thanks as well to everyone else who posted constructive comments in a forum that by all rights could have been easily filled with rage.

If I forget my security token at work today I blame RuQu and bobudo :p

@RuQu, @bobudo

I brought my security key to work today specifically to thank you both for the efforts you put in on behalf of the healing community. I believe that without the discussions you have prompted and kept alive with your continued posting, we might not have received the reply we got in this weeks Q&A.

I for one am very pleased with the response we received, though it may have been vague (I don't think anyone expected specifics) it gives me hope for the future of healing in this game.

Thanks as well to everyone else who posted constructive comments in a forum that by all rights could have been easily filled with rage.

I'll accept blame for you not getting to play tonight, but the rest of the weekend is on you.

I think the quality and length of the response we got, possibly even the fact that we got one at all, is due in a large part to the quality of the discussion we have maintained on this forum. Yes, bobudo and I spend perhaps a little too much time here, but we didn't carry on all of this discussion alone, and anyone who has spent time on game forums knows 1 or 2 lone voices of reason can quickly be drowned out by trolls.

This Healer forum is a little corner of peace and reason in the chaos of the gaming community, and with luck and diligence, hopefully we can keep it that way.

So, in short, you're welcome and thank you for putting up with my garrulous verbosity.

@RuQu, @bobudo

I am far less honorable than RuQu, and hereby disclaim all liability for any and all forgotten security tokens (As an aside: if you were to forget it, would you be able to use the iOS/Android app as a backup, or can you only use the token?).

Yuck, am I no good at taking a thanks. Let's leave it at you're welcome, even though I'm quite convinced you've nothing to thank me for.

As to Mr. Zoller's answer: the more I reflect on it, the more I am excited about it. While it initially fell flat for me because of the tone in the rest of the answer (god, I wish I could hear what voice you read my posts in, or I guess I could just tell you I sound like Tom Hanks (I don't but it would be awesome if you read my posts in his voice)), but I'm realizing that, without giving away much, he's hinted at a rather serious "redo".

We'll see in the patch notes for 1.2; sure maybe I'm getting my hopes up, but I bet RuQu gets to change the colors of a lot of the items in the first post.

Just to throw my 2c in about UH/TA stacks, I think it would be cool if we could get either a third stack, or a temp buff when we had 2 (that only lasted a few seconds) that would enable our next UH/TA consume ability to not consume it. I say this only due to my frustration about when we get our proc from the hot...mines always seems to proc mid cast of UWH/KI, and since I have 1 stack on me at all times, the proc gets wasted the moment my cast is finished (since I'm already at 2 stacks due to the proc). If they went the temp buff route, it would only have to last long enough to give us the option of using it up after we finished out UWH/KI cast (I agree that we shouldn't be able to stack UH/TA too high, as this would require yet another nerf to our class in pvp).

Sorry if this is confusing to anyone.

EDIT:

I would also LOVE to make DS an instant cast instead of a channeled spell. Even if this put it on a cd so we could only have 1 up at any given moment. Some love to the tree would be nice as right now it seems we spend a lot of points taking non-healing abilities (not saying every point should go towards buffing healing, but right now our last 4 points (6 points total since we need to spend 2 to max out the tree...) seem to be wasted....and that's after spending 4 points on DS. 1/5 of our talent points shouldn't feel like a waste (feel like, not is) IMO.

KC/RN should also tick every second, not every 3 IMO. This will mean it also requires a reduced duration. Healing every 3 seconds over 18 seconds...it seems that the people who actually need healing (I'm saying this due to this being non-smart heal) and get the KC/RN hot will be full long before the spell is finished its duration.

And please remove the reduced healing recieved after using cloaking screen by 100%. Bad enough we lack defensive cds (that work), but to add negative effects on the few we do have...

Great thread btw.

Edited by Wilow

Think I have it updated through here. It's getting really long, so please let me know if I missed yours.

Also please read it over before posting a new one, as it is a lot easier for you to check if your idea is a duplicate than for me to scan through the whole thing for each of your ideas.

I also added a request for a faster, weaker, less efficient heal for Commandos/Mercs, such as Benevolence for Sages. Same cost, half the healing, but twice as fast. We have some great powerful heals, but without any proper AoE we sometimes need to be able to cast around everywhere single target faster but heal each for less.

Right now we can accomplish this effect by stacking Alacrity, but that turns ALL of our heals into weak, fast, but expensive heals, without the option to choose the right tool for the situation. Unsurprisingly, Sages/Sorcs have both of those tools by default.

Grouchy today, but sometimes it does seem like they designed Sages/Sorcs, penciled in some ideas for the others, and called it a day without finishing the designs.

Grouchy today, but sometimes it does seem like they designed Sages/Sorcs, penciled in some ideas for the others, and called it a day without finishing the designs.

That is exactly how I feel - it's why the thing I want the very most from the devs is an actual design statement about the non-Sorcerer/Sage healers - everyday.