Healer Request Compilation

RuQu

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fix med therapy and the evasion talent, both do not work. Fix sleep dart talent to not aggro mobs after it drops and or remove it entirely.

After that, start making the med tree actually interesting with better synergy. My first thought is to drop the points required to make DS worth casting: 4 is too much, 2 seems way better for what it does. If we are going to have to waste 4 points on it, at very least allow it to give a buff or something like the sorc HoT.

Increase target amount of RN to infinity like the sorc AoE and or bump it's healing coeficient. Also, if it would be nice it it had a smart heal component if target amount is gonna stay the same. ie. it heals targets that actually need it and not what it usually does is heal the people who do not need it.

Also give us a knockback and or sprint or even allow shield to be placed on others, make it a high tier talent...don't care. Something to give us real utility. We are only class w/o it. We are the squishiest heals in game b/c we have no real defensive CDs or ways to escape. Inques get base line AoE KD and sprint, we get nothing but stealth which is 100% useless for healing.

Also would like to see that stim boost talent put into med tree, we have major energy concerns...especially in PvP where we do not have the luxury to spam an ability that needs 4 valuable points just to get energy back. It's not like anyone lets us hard cast if they have half a brain. Even keyboard turning clickers interrupt me.

Lastly, redo our itemization totally. Why do I have more life in PvE gear than almost full set BATTLE MASTER PvP gear? We are not talking a little bit...well over 3k life. Also why do we have nothing but alacrity on our gear? It is fairly worthless to us since a) does not effect GCDs b) Does not effect HoT ticks c) only effects ONE spell and due to crappy energy regen below 60%, spamming it is the road to ruin. Also why does our set bonuses have to suck? 15% extra heal on RN, don't make me laugh; spell is still worthless even still. 5 extra energy? That won't even cast one ability. Even if it was 10 energy, still a terrible 4 piece bonus.

Agents are worse heals in game and BW keeps nerfing us, first thing I say when someone asks me about my agent I tell em: roll a sorc. I did and it's like playing the game on easy mode in comparison. Working as intended?

Edited by fixit

since when? also the tooltip, strangely, says 'increases healing' so something is out of date on these very strange adrenals

Since forever? It's pretty simple to test, just use one of each stim and look at how much your bonus healing jumps. I guarantee you it will jump more with triage.

EDIT: you don't even actually need to do that. The healing bonus tooltip tells you how much is contributed from each stat.

Edited by Viliphied

Since forever? It's pretty simple to test, just use one of each stim and look at how much your bonus healing jumps. I guarantee you it will jump more with triage.

EDIT: you don't even actually need to do that. The healing bonus tooltip tells you how much is contributed from each stat.

You're wrong.

Tech / Force Power and Power both add the same amount of bonus healing: .17

Did you bother to test this before being condescending?

From my bonus healing:

55.6 from 327 Power

176.6 from 1039 Tech Power

55.6/327 = 0.17003

176.6/1039 = 0.16997

Those are both 0.17, the only difference is due to the lack of precision on the Bonus Healing.

Where they do differ is that Tech Power does not increase Ranged Damage, and Force Power does not increase Melee Damage. This matters for certain classes, but for Commandos many of our attacks are tech attacks, such as Grav Round. While Ranged Attacks don't benefit from Tech Power, Tech Attacks don't benefit from the raw weapon damage, but since weapons are the only thing that carry Tech/Force Power, the end result is that they should come out the same with a weapon of a given rating.

For healers, they are identical, which is why the healing one has Tech/Force Power and the DPS on does not. DPS needs pure power so weapon based attacks benefit, for us it doesn't matter, but since it doesnt matter and the adrenal other is better...we will always pick the other.

Without combat logs, hard to tell if tech adrenal is better than the power one. From the few times I tested this, I saw no real difference. Thing is if I use a power one it does not lower my dmg by 50% so for me it is automatically the better adrenal to use. But I digress, I don't PvE much (cus I aint a sorc) so I don't even use adrenals no more....I have 6 stacks of expertise stims and get em faster than I can use em. Edited by fixit

Without combat logs, hard to tell if tech adrenal is better than the power one. From the few times I tested this, I saw no real difference. Thing is if I use a power one it does not lower my dmg by 50% so for me it is automatically the better adrenal to use. But I digress, I don't PvE much (cus I aint a sorc) so I don't even use adrenals no more....I have 6 stacks of expertise stims and get em faster than I can use em.

Power : applies to weapon and Force/Tech attacks. Good for DPS and Healers.

Tech/Force Power: applies to Tech/Force only, not weapon based attacks. Good for healers.

50% DPS reduction: Bad for healers, terrible for DPS.

Since power = tech/force power for healers, there is no downside to healers using the one that doesn't have the debuff, so why ever choose it?

Since the only one that affects weapon abilities doesn't have the debuff, and the debuff is a DPS killer, why would DPS ever choose it?

In the end, why would anyone ever choose it?

I find it amusing that the operative's list was longer.

About adding synergy to stealth/cover:

Operatives are not reliant on cover, so I personally disagree with this. In my opinion, you shouldn't have bonuses in cover, but hey, I won't complain if I get +1 EPS (Energy Per Second) in cover...

I did once think of adding synergy to stealth, but then I realized that stealth is only for damage; even a 'sin/shadow only gets special stealth bonuses IF spec'd damage (Stealth). Although it would be nice to have an instant kolto knife; and maybe a smuggler have a nice big kolto spray like thing out of a scatter gun!

As possible suggestions:

Kolto Infusion to heal more than Injection, but not changing anything else about it

Emergency medpac/Surgical Probe heal for substantially more, but have a cooldown? It's funny; the only thing an operative has on other healers other than slightly more mobility (Which most of the time isn't a fair trade with less powerful heals), are heals NOT on cooldown. But with the fact that energy consumed is proportionally higher to our total pool than that of a merc or sorc, we can't actually spam it very long for more than about 8; and that's if we use Adrenaline Probe / Cool head AND have the 16 energy free talent with it (It's worth picking up. Combined with the fact that it's 50 energy over 3 seconds, AND the natural regen, you get a full energy bar INSTANTLY, allowing you to cast anything you want).

I feel I need to add something for Sorc/Sage because the length of the Operative list makes me sad...

The bonus to hit you gain from the Penetrating Darkness/Clairvoyance talents is utterly pointless. Everything a Sorc/Sage does is a force-based attack and cannot miss or be avoided. Not that you wouldn't still take this talent for the healing bonus, but the +hit part is useless.

I feel I need to add something for Sorc/Sage because the length of the Operative list makes me sad...

The bonus to hit you gain from the Penetrating Darkness/Clairvoyance talents is utterly pointless. Everything a Sorc/Sage does is a force-based attack and cannot miss or be avoided. Not that you wouldn't still take this talent for the healing bonus, but the +hit part is useless.

You single-handedly doubled the number of Sage requests/suggestions.

Are you proud of yourself? :cool:

I've read through most of the OP but not the entire thread so apologies if someone has suggested this already but...

...What about a battery ability for the Operative/Scoundrel to increase other players' Energy/Force regeneration for X seconds to make him more appealing for group content? The ability couldn't be used on JK/SW, as they don't use Energy/Force, but it would create a backline healer/battery.

It's not glorious--you'd basically be a pocket healer/battery for the other healers--and would only be a bandage fix, but it might give the necessary niche to draw people to Operative while BioWare buffs the class.

My only other concern would be if it's unnecessary. If the other healers are strong enough to not need a battery, then the Operative/Scoundrel would still be unvaluable.

I've read through most of the OP but not the entire thread so apologies if someone has suggested this already but...

...What about a battery ability for the Operative/Scoundrel to increase other players' Energy/Force regeneration for X seconds to make him more appealing for group content? The ability couldn't be used on JK/SW, as they don't use Energy/Force, but it would create a backline healer/battery.

It's not glorious--you'd basically be a pocket healer/battery for the other healers--and would only be a bandage fix, but it might give the necessary niche to draw people to Operative while BioWare buffs the class.

My only other concern would be if it's unnecessary. If the other healers are strong enough to not need a battery, then the Operative/Scoundrel would still be unvaluable.

Ugh, it's vanilla WoW all over again. I want to be a healer, not an innervate bot.

Plus, you're right, it's unnecessary. A Sorcerer/Sage who can't keep their force up needs to learn to play, or needs to teach their group how to not be bad, plan and simple.

Given your latest round of calculations RuQu, I think it's reasonable to request that Mercenaries and Commandos also be unified on a single resource system. At the very least, if the resource systems are equivalent (calculations and testing with available data suggests otherwise), they owe us the unseen math adjustments that make us equivalent. Either we're playing the game half-blind, or the Ammo system is at a measurable disadvantage against the Heat system.

I know it's really a change that will affect the whole class and all ACs, but since you have a healing calculator and a wealth of numbers supporting it from the healer's perspective, it feels reasonable to me.

Correction:

Ability to keybind any key. Currently many keys, such as ` and ~, the key to the left of 1, are not available for binding.

^ Not true, at least as far as I know... I have Restoration (on my Seer) bound to ~ and it's been working for me for weeks :<

• Also, I know there were mods for this in WoW so I don't know how plausible it'd be for BW to make a standard option for it, but I'd really like to see incoming heals on characters I have targeted - a semi-transparent bar representing the estimated inc heals of other healers would be VERY helpful to cut back on overhealing!

Great post! Probably the most useful I've seen so far, assuming you'll keep it up to date as patch fixes and updates are announced. Every healer should use this as a reference before spamming the CS/Dev forums to update something that's already in the works.

Thanks for the post!

Edited by slagartist

Given your latest round of calculations RuQu, I think it's reasonable to request that Mercenaries and Commandos also be unified on a single resource system. At the very least, if the resource systems are equivalent (calculations and testing with available data suggests otherwise), they owe us the unseen math adjustments that make us equivalent. Either we're playing the game half-blind, or the Ammo system is at a measurable disadvantage against the Heat system.

I know it's really a change that will affect the whole class and all ACs, but since you have a healing calculator and a wealth of numbers supporting it from the healer's perspective, it feels reasonable to me.

It is possible that on the backend they are secretly the same and simply display differently, but then us theory-crafters would really appreciate being told so, and, if so, what the system is. Especially with a combat log it is difficult if not impossible to discern those differences on our own.

Correction:

^ Not true, at least as far as I know... I have Restoration (on my Seer) bound to ~ and it's been working for me for weeks :<

• Also, I know there were mods for this in WoW so I don't know how plausible it'd be for BW to make a standard option for it, but I'd really like to see incoming heals on characters I have targeted - a semi-transparent bar representing the estimated inc heals of other healers would be VERY helpful to cut back on overhealing!

Great post! Probably the most useful I've seen so far, assuming you'll keep it up to date as patch fixes and updates are announced. Every healer should use this as a reference before spamming the CS/Dev forums to update something that's already in the works.

Thanks for the post!

I'll admit that that complaint is mine, and I've been so busy working on these calculator tools that I haven't even logged in to play much lately. Someone else said it works, I just need to go in and test it. If it isn't working for me still, I'm going to leave it up until I can find the resolution. I really miss that key.

The ~ works for me as well. I use it as my focus heal toggle.

Nope, just checked. Does not work for me. Anyone else running a Mac via Bootcamp? Perhaps that is the issue, although it registers normally (~ ` see?)

Nope, just checked. Does not work for me. Anyone else running a Mac via Bootcamp? Perhaps that is the issue, although it registers normally (~ ` see?)

Does it rebind in the keybinding dialogue but then not work or does it just not register in the game?

You might trying running both SWTOR processes as an administrator?

Does it rebind in the keybinding dialogue but then not work or does it just not register in the game?

You might trying running both SWTOR processes as an administrator?

I tested it in game and I can use the key in chat, just not as a binding. So the game is registering that key-press.

When I click the button to bind it, the dialogue comes up, but it doesn't react to that key. If I press something else (F1, alt-F, shift-1, Q, etc) it works.

I have permission to change it, I have plenty of other keys rebound.

How's that change read to you? Acceptable?

Correction:

Thanks for the post!

Updated through here.