Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

In ONE WORD, Sum Up How You Feel About SWTOR Presently

StrikeOfLight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO, yeah we can all see you moved on. Lurking around the forums for a game you don't like is hardly moving on. :rolleyes:

Oh, you misunderstand...i've moved on from playing the game but am going to get my money's worth out of trolling the forums.

You see I enjoy watching people defend the game...cause it will fail. This is the company that brought you Warhammer Online, Earth & Beyond, The Sims Online, and Motorcity Online. All online games that had review scores in the same range (80s) as TOR. Where are those games today? Funny thing and I mean the real funny thing...If you took at the dev budget of all those games and added them together then you wouldn't even be close to the dev spend on this game.

Games a goner...its just a matter of how JR staff ( EA's exec team) will figure out how to sell it to the Street and still keep their jobs. I mean you don't get to spend $800 million to buy Bioware/Pandemic then close Pandemic followed by spending $300 million on the biggest MMO flop in history without doing some serious tap dancing. Give it a year...some distance from launch and they will close TOR down...it will make a good write off for the close of the next financial year.

Oh, you misunderstand...i've moved on from playing the game but am going to get my money's worth out of trolling the forums.

You see I enjoy watching people defend the game...cause it will fail. This is the company that brought you Warhammer Online, Earth & Beyond, The Sims Online, and Motorcity Online. All online games that had review scores in the same range (80s) as TOR. Where are those games today? Funny thing and I mean the real funny thing...If you took at the dev budget of all those games and added them together then you wouldn't even be close to the dev spend on this game.

Games a goner...its just a matter of how JR staff ( EA's exec team) will figure out how to sell it to the Street and still keep their jobs. I mean you don't get to spend $800 million to buy Bioware/Pandemic then close Pandemic followed by spending $300 million on the biggest MMO flop in history without doing some serious tap dancing. Give it a year...some distance from launch and they will close TOR down...it will make a good write off for the close of the next financial year.

Well if they can keep you paying 15 a month just to troll the forums...then I say they have done a damn good job at keeping both people that do like the game and people that dont paying.

Underwhelmed.

I was expecting a lot more from a game hyped as much as TOR was. Star Wars is great and I really hope EA/BW can turn it around and make the game addictive. But, as it stands now, I am going to let my last four weeks expire and find something else to play.

There's something missing in TOR that I can't quite figure out. Suffice to say, I feel the game was rushed. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

good.

It's fun and I'm mostly having a good time when playing, but it's still not as great as I hoped or expected it to be. It is, however, good enough that I'm expecting to resub when my 3 month plan runs out if things don't go down the *******.

Edited by MartyCZE