UI hotfix - 24h and still no hotfix - dude, where is the hotfix?

Isathrea

Massive complaints about an "improvement" which should never have gone live

in the first place - and still no patch in sight?

Admit that this was a terrible mistake an cure it ASAP!

Dude, where is the UI-patch?

Give me your /sign's please!

Edited by Isathrea

And I thought BW could sink no lower after having endured their terrible UI for a few weeks. Holy crap... you guys really are some of the worst game developers in the history of MMOs....

For me, BW has now earned a special place in the Hall of Fail, right beside Cryptic and FunCom.

the way they are going and not putting options in so you can choose which version you wanna use, addons can't come soon enough

also everyone complaining about this but are also anti-addons, guess what would have fixed this? exactly, addons would.

Yeah I have had ZERO problems with the old Action Bars but now...

I really don't think they will "fix" this because it is now "working as intended™"

See, this is why people need to quit ************ about **** that's not broken in the first place. The crybaby PvPers are going to be the next vocal minority to **** up this game. You mark my words!:mad:

Yeah I have had ZERO problems with the old Action Bars but now...

I really don't think they will "fix" this because it is now "working as intended™"

See, this is why people need to quit ************ about **** that's not broken in the first place. The crybaby PvPers are going to be the next vocal minority to **** up this game. You mark my words!:mad:

the system that was in place at launch, no 1 complained about it (I personally didn't see anyone complaining)

the system they put in after that, which didn't grey out cooldowns, people complained cuz you couldn't see if a CD was ready to use or not the last few seconds of the CD (this was a stupid change, yes they needed to change it)

but they gave us an even more crappy system now, they did not fix the thing that was wrong with the second system

the way they are going and not putting options in so you can choose which version you wanna use, addons can't come soon enough

also everyone complaining about this but are also anti-addons, guess what would have fixed this? exactly, addons would.

there are no plans for addons they have a new UI in the works that you can customize they showed a glimpse of it in the video on things comming to the game.

the system that was in place at launch, no 1 complained about it (I personally didn't see anyone complaining)

the system they put in after that, which didn't grey out cooldowns, people complained cuz you couldn't see if a CD was ready to use or not the last few seconds of the CD (this was a stupid change, yes they needed to change it)

but they gave us an even more crappy system now, they did not fix the thing that was wrong with the second system

Wait, is this the THIRD UI fix since launch? I've been in since day 2 of EA and I never noticed anything different with my clickies until today. The second change must have REALLY been stealthy!

Edited by Piddletrenthyde

Yes, beta/release UI was the best so far, and it's getting worse patch after patch.

Next patch the ui will be all fireworks, but we won't be able to see abilities, so we'll have to randomly push buttons and pray it's what we want to press.

They don't need add-ons to fix this.

They don't need options to toggle it.

They need to log onto WoW for five minutes, take some !@#$ing notes, and create a UI that isn't made of duct tape and piss.

Here! Here!

But they shouldn't stick around there long enough to pick up any of WoWs bad habits though.

I still can't fathom them not having a customizable UI at launch. What the hell were all you Beta testers doing?

UI in beta was fine. They screwed it up in the first patch after release!

I was in the last Beta weekend and I don't remember being able to move the UI around to suit my (the paying customer) playing style. I vividly remember saying to myself "well this is all kinds of ****ed up, I can't move anything around".

UI in beta was fine. They screwed it up in the first patch after release!

That is your opinion. While the UI was workable during beta it has always needed a fair amount of work.

The previous change wasn't worse than the original, and the current is 'ok' but still needs a fair amount of work.

Guys, stop being naive about add-ons.

THERE WILL NOT BE ADD-ONS ANY TIME SOON, OR EVER!

Why did i caps-ed that? Because i can not stress enough how delusional all ppl (no offend meant, just being sad) are about the way things are.

BW is using Scaleform for the UI in SWTOR.

Do you guys know what this is?

It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to do anything outside the dev team and a certain Very Expensive tools (the Scaleform tools) for the UI. Its an expensive, licensed software that is very tightly connected to the dev process, plus it uses Flash and "incorporating" it into DirectX to create the GUI.

No way we can have user add-ons anytime soon. Actually i don't think we will have any at all.

Just wanted to tell you the truth so you don't keep hopes for that in vain.

I would be glad if i was wrong, but i don't see a way, from a pure technical point of view, for creating a mechanism for user created add-ons in SWTOR any time in the near or even far future.