Datacrons I Give UP

Elviran

I really enjoyed getting the relevant datacrons. It was fun to go back to earlier planets and explore new places, platforming up to a hidden balcony, etc. There were only 3 frustrating ones, and that is because the act of getting them is completely bugged and/or broken.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never liked platform games, apart from Sonic on the megadrive!

I faced getting datacrons with dread and it didn't help that almost the first one I attempted was the buggy one in the Republic's Justicar area. I thought I too would have to just give up.

However, the guild weren't going to let me give up so easily and we attempted Ord Mantell's as a group. I had a lot of fun and a few tips from experienced platform gamers.

I can't say I succeeded first time, every time, but I've definitely got better at the whole running and jumping thing.

So don't give up, find out which are the easier ones to start with, zoom right out look down on your character. You might then find it easier to see where to jump to, or if there is something you can drop down onto, rather than jump across.

If one jump is consistently failing, try with sprint on and then off. If all else fails, do what I do, close your eyes, hold your breath, run forward and jump! :D

I personally think that the difficulty in the datacrons should be in figuring out how to get to them, not in attempting Mario 64 style jumps using a mouse and keyboard. Datacrons such as the Republic +Strength on Nar Shaddaa, where you have to jump on an extremely narrow platform, and missing results in a 50% damage fall and a 500 yard run through trash mobs back to the path's starting point, are utterly ridiculous.

They are so easy to get,

I even got the ones my body type 3 couldn't even fit into.

I agree, there has to be a section under preferences for the disabled so you can enable it if you have down syndrome with only one arm.

If you think I am being rude then you are being discriminatory against the mentally challenged, shame on you if so.

Edited by Harower

It is funny they made the datacron part a super mario ripoff but giving us a jumping implementation that is one of the worst ones available in any game ever released!

Even if the jumping part it self did not suck that bad the whole mechanic when landing on stuff just to stutter for 10 seconds and falling off does.

It was quite a while ago since I was so angry like the time I tried to get the yellow shard in Coruscant. I had to give up before destroying expensive stuff in real life.

I read about people falling off the 40 minute balloon trip at Tat and I am soo happy I told the datacrons to go xxxx themselves.

What part of 90x2=increase to Stats dont you understand?

Who dont understand it is you, man. At now dont remember if they are 70, 80 or 90 Datacrons. But ok, about 90 Datacrons, but 90 datacrons of multiple atributes. Im Sage, so the only really interesteing Datacrons for me are Willpower and Endurance ones. Cunning and Aim have any use for me, and Strengh and Presence close to any. At the end, getting all datacrons will give to you about 40 points in every atribute. So, the only useful thing that im wining to get the datacrons is about 40 Willpower and 40 Endurance.

So yes, is an extremely improvement having 400 more points of life and 40 more Willpower... with it i will beat all people in PVP and solo Eternity Vault in Nightmare Mode.

Havent said this, but i think its obvious: for me datacrons are fine this way.

Edited by Shaligal

I don't mind the jumping part, it's frustrating but after practice they are doable. The ones that bug me is one where you need another player, and especially the balloon ride one, 45 plus minutes plus to get to the place then miss the jump is way too much.

Other than those I've mentioned I can deal with... so far.

I like cron hunt :) And tonn of fun on PvP server when you pull someone from that crawler on Tatoine. Laughed my rear off actually. I bet you be mad if someone pull you off with grapple after 30 minutes fligh on jawas baloon :D

What is it with these Datacrons....some are near impossible to get. If I wanted a Super Mario jumping game I would have bought one and if I wanted a search and find game again I would have bought one.

I can understand a certain level of difficulty in finding and obtaining them....but the jumping part of the game has got me beat. It is annoying and frustrating. I have played wow for many years and have not had this much trouble in getting achievements.

I have given up on the datacrons (whether good for my class or not) lets just hope the rest of the game keeps me interested for longer than my prepaid game time.

Also a list of Codex to work towards ingame will also be helpful as some of the Codex are class and faction specific.

Sorry, I read your posts and all I see is "Wah, Wah, :mad: difficult content is difficult"

personally I think you SHOULD have to work hard and face a challenge to get these things. I mean, no one is holding a gun to your head here.

If it's too hard for you then don't do it...

You want the reward of the extra bonuses, then you have to work to get them.

/thread!

I agree, their current implementation was a terrible idea. Got a couple and never bothered again.

The game's lousy jump controls / physics clearly weren't made for platforming, so why the **** forcing people into it? And to the people saying datacrons are optional, they really aren't. They give stats boosts, doesn't matter how big/little of a boost it is, it's still a boost. They would be optional only if they were purely cosmetic/bragging things, but they aren't.

Sorry, I read your posts and all I see is "Wah, Wah, :mad: difficult content is difficult"

personally I think you SHOULD have to work hard and face a challenge to get these things. I mean, no one is holding a gun to your head here.

If it's too hard for you then don't do it...

You want the reward of the extra bonuses, then you have to work to get them.

/thread!

I hate people who salute themselves

/thread!

2+ weeks ago...

Oh yea im lvl 50 hmm not much to do so lets get datacrons. Came on alderaan with lots of travels and loading times. And then i found i can't get to the datacron because im body type 3. Nobody in the zone(planets are usually more free and larger) to help me. What i did to solve it was alt f4 and it really worked good.

Edited by Rigota

2+ weeks ago...

Oh yea im lvl 50 hmm not much to do so lets get datacrons. Came on alderaan with lots of travels and loading times. And then i found i can't get to the datacron because im body type 3. Nobody in the zone(planets are usually more free and larger) to help me. What i did to solve it was alt f4 and it really worked good.

Yep, and because 1 o 2 or 3 of about 90 are bugged you say that all is a crap XD

I suppose that when you are at the job and make 1 mistake in a work of 5 days time you go to your boss and say to him "You see this mistake? All my work is a ****" and then you throw all your work to the trash and quit the company.

Yep, and because 1 o 2 or 3 of about 90 are bugged you say that all is a crap XD

I suppose that when you are at the job and make 1 mistake in a work of 5 days time you go to your boss and say to him "You see this mistake? All my work is a ****" and then you throw all your work to the trash and quit the company.

Seeing this game as a job means it is not a good game. But i do know what you mean.

Sorry for that trollish statement if you take it like that. Its just an anecdote. But had to many 'papercuts' from this game. Words just can't describe it how i think this structure of the game is failing.

Edited by Rigota

What is it with these Datacrons....some are near impossible to get. If I wanted a Super Mario jumping game I would have bought one and if I wanted a search and find game again I would have bought one.

I can understand a certain level of difficulty in finding and obtaining them....but the jumping part of the game has got me beat. It is annoying and frustrating. I have played wow for many years and have not had this much trouble in getting achievements.

I have given up on the datacrons (whether good for my class or not) lets just hope the rest of the game keeps me interested for longer than my prepaid game time.

Also a list of Codex to work towards ingame will also be helpful as some of the Codex are class and faction specific.

Isn't that the whole point.... they should be challenging.... unlike wow where everything is dumbed down so far a 5 year old can do it. Datacrons are not essential you don't have to go for them. Lets leave some small thing that's a wee bit difficult and takes a wee bit of effort.

Some people have hard time using more than 1 button at a time. As example I jumped few platforms and got Datacron while some guy who was following me didn't do it for few minutes. Kida funny and sad. Funny because he could not make even simple jump without failing and sad because it was too hard for him.

After 10 minutes he manage to get that Datacron.

Seeing this game as a job means it is not a good game. But i do know what you mean.

Sorry for that trollish statement if you take it like that. Its just an anecdote. But had to many 'papercuts' from this game. Words just can't describe it how i think this structure of the game is failing.

Well, it's not about comparing job to a videogame. It was more about the nonsense that can be saying that a whole thing is a crap because it have 1 or 2 little mistakes. Well, maybe you found one bugged, find bugs never likes to anyone, of course, but well, there is still 88 or so that arent bugged and pretty sure that soon or later that bugs will be corrected.

Another thing is if you like to chase datacrons or not. But they are optional and dont make a great difference in the high end.

Edited by Shaligal

I'm personally crap at jumping around in MMO's (I find the sideways movement when abutted against something and jumping particularly annoying), but have got all of them up to and including Tatooine as I was on each planet.

I stopped looking since then but will go back once I hit 50.

Even though I struggled with some, I have really enjoyed that they are sometimes difficult and challenging to reach.

just keep trying, you will get them.