Datacrons I Give UP

Elviran

What is it with these Datacrons....some are near impossible to get. If I wanted a Super Mario jumping game I would have bought one and if I wanted a search and find game again I would have bought one.

I can understand a certain level of difficulty in finding and obtaining them....but the jumping part of the game has got me beat. It is annoying and frustrating. I have played wow for many years and have not had this much trouble in getting achievements.

I have given up on the datacrons (whether good for my class or not) lets just hope the rest of the game keeps me interested for longer than my prepaid game time.

Also a list of Codex to work towards ingame will also be helpful as some of the Codex are class and faction specific.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't have to do them if you don't want to. I personally have fun looking for'them, and trying to get them... even with walkthrus, some are still challenging to get to. They are optional.. ignore them if they bug you that much.

What is it with these Datacrons....some are near impossible to get. If I wanted a Super Mario jumping game I would have bought one and if I wanted a search and find game again I would have bought one.

I can understand a certain level of difficulty in finding and obtaining them....but the jumping part of the game has got me beat. It is annoying and frustrating. I have played wow for many years and have not had this much trouble in getting achievements.

I have given up on the datacrons (whether good for my class or not) lets just hope the rest of the game keeps me interested for longer than my prepaid game time.

Also a list of Codex to work towards ingame will also be helpful as some of the Codex are class and faction specific.

Datacrons only give a small attribute increase and it isn't necessary to get them in order to be able to play the game, obviously, but they do add up over time; This I can understand.

However, I have not found any of the solo-reachable Datacrons to be "too hard" to obtain. There definitely are some bothersome ones to get, but I would stop short of saying that some are impossible.

I truly believe that all players, regardless of skill level, can get every Datacron in the game. I know you can do this. You have to want the Datacrons more than you want to quit.

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

Yet none of them are. So nothing should be changed to how you get them.

You want the difficulty level to be as hard as just clicking on them we get that already.

LOL your quiting the game because you cant get something that someone else has gotten and is just as easy for you to get.

Yes please Bioware list all the codex in game for us so we know how many there are to get. Also whiel your at it provide a map to the location to get said codex and make sure I dont have to do anything but travel there to get them. Actually while your at it make it so if we click on the codex we dont have we get teleported to the codex location because traveling there is a waste of my time.

Why do you play games when all you really want is to be given everything. Maybe they can just give you all the codex and datacrons when you make your toon so you dont have to waste any time in the game doing them.

If you don't like it, don't do it. They're meant for those of us who do enjoy this kind of thing.

Well, min-maxers too, but they don't really care about having fun with this kind of thing.

Datacrons only give a small attribute increase and it isn't necessary to get them in order to be able to play the game, obviously, but they do add up over time; This I can understand.

Datacrons are also one of the few side games in the game. What they are suppost to be are hidden puzzles that once you solve rewards you. The entire part of datacrons are getting to them. Think there are only about 4 datacrons that involve something more than just getting to them (keys,buffs).

To takeaway the only semi difficult part of the puzzle of them is destroying any point of having them in the game.

Datacron hunting is one of my favorite past-times in the game. They aren't necessary, but they're great fun for those who like to explore and figure out how to get to them. It's very rewarding to go "I bet there's a datacron in that area...", find the datacron, and then successfully figure out how to get to it and snag the little bugger.

It's just a blast for me, and I hope they never, ever change a thing about it.

My problem is controls, animation errors, and what looks like lag (but it's not because the connection is prefect.)

The game doesn't control like mario, so to ask for mario precision jumping is unreasonable.

There is also a way to get every datacron without jumping. Think of solutions and you get results

Is that without anyone having to jump, or are we factoring pulls/leaps?

No its the leaps and pulls method. IF you really do want them you can find someone that can jump because there are people that can that can pull you or you can leap to. But the point is you dont have to jump you just have to find someone to help you that can.

You gotta learn how to jump. When I started my datacron hunt there were some that got me very frustrated. Through trial and error I became very good at the jumping game and now have all the datacrons. Well except for those body type 3 can't fit through.

Practice practice practice.

I've posted about this before as well.

I'm just coordinated enough to the mario bros Datacrons.

As far as a Codex list, I have searched and found very little on the internet.

Datacron hunting is one of my favorite past-times in the game. They aren't necessary, but they're great fun for those who like to explore and figure out how to get to them. It's very rewarding to go "I bet there's a datacron in that area...", find the datacron, and then successfully figure out how to get to it and snag the little bugger.

It's just a blast for me, and I hope they never, ever change a thing about it.

"They arent necessary"?? If you miss 10 of them, that equals +20 or higher to your stats.

Yes, whether your PvP or PvE, they are necessary.

Really, at end game, when you are seeing stats like +125 End on a single item, the datacrons aren't really worth the effort unless you enjoy that kind of thing (I do, you don't).

It's not necessary. You can go without them and still do Ops just fine.

Datacrons are also one of the few side games in the game. What they are suppost to be are hidden puzzles that once you solve rewards you. The entire part of datacrons are getting to them. Think there are only about 4 datacrons that involve something more than just getting to them (keys,buffs).

To takeaway the only semi difficult part of the puzzle of them is destroying any point of having them in the game.

I agree with your sentiment. I was simply saying to the OP, "If you don't like it, don't do it. They aren't actually needed." Just...more elaborately.

I guess give up then, they are easy enough to get if you have patience. It is a nice addition to the game, and I like that you have to work out a path and jump to get them, it's different. Platform games are challenging, which is why these were made this way. If you can't handle it and get to frustrated don't try to get them and don't come whine on the forums about how hard it is either, there are very few challenging things in this game and I really don't want the more challenging aspects to become to easy like any other themepark mmo, this game is to easy as it is.

Oh, and when I first started playing in Pre-release, there was about a half-second delay in the jumping animation. That was fixed shortly after release, but you should have tried getting Datacrons then; It was stupid hard. I can't count how many times I had to try for a couple on Coruscant - Somewhere close to one-hundred-billion^billion. Science will have to play catch-up to count true the number of my failed attempts.

However, I have not found any of the solo-reachable Datacrons to be "too hard" to obtain. There definitely are some bothersome ones to get, but I would stop short of saying that some are impossible.

I truly believe that all players, regardless of skill level, can get every Datacron in the game. I know you can do this. You have to want the Datacrons more than you want to quit.

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

You do realize there are over 90 Datacrons ingame? +2, +3, +4...plus the +10 in the Heroics?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.