LFG Q's will be implemented.

Remidi

No one enjoys spamming chat for hours.

If you think that this tool will ruin a community you need to go make some friends on your server. How does spamming chat promote a community? In my experience it promotes trolls.

This is a video game, it is about having fun. Looking for a group for hours due to small populations on servers is not fun.

The current tool is a nice guideline, but it is no different than spamming chat.

Many of the people I see against this, just like the combat logs are thinking about peoples emotions and not about fun. It's just like the real world, you have to deal with undesirable people that say things that you do not like or may offend you....deal with it and/or ignore it. It's not hard. Be an adult.

There is a reason the bigger MMO implemented this some time ago. As in every MMO it was needed. It helps people level alts that hate to quest, it gives people something to do, it gives people the option to do something else(Dailys) while waiting for your Q to pop.

So the only reason I have seen anyone against this is "community". And as always I say go make some friends and stop worrying about everyone else.

I have cleared everything on NM, and I am a BM Sorc that has nothing to do mostly(most people will be in this same spot soon), and a Q to level my alts would rock. I am not a fan of the questing in this game. I know many players and on both factions and chat with them constantly.

I have yet to meet a single BM, raider who has cleared HM ops, or a good player on my server against this. The only place I see anyone against this is here. As a MMO player for many, many years that tells me something.

Edited by Remidi

I have a feeling there are a lot of players that just don't know how to cope without an LFD tool

How to LFG:

1) go to the fleet and spam

2) 1 takes more then about 5 minutes, do /who

3) narrow by level range (44-47 or something like that) and sort by class

4) ask "What classes do I ideally want?"

5) If there aren't enough people, widen the range. If there are too many results (the who tool only shows 100), then also search by class or constrain the range

6) right click on the people who would make a good group and whisper "Hey, interested in running <flashpoint>?"

7) If they do not answer within ~30s, move on to the next best candidate

My guild is very small, and I am on republic side, and I have never spent more then around 15 mins lfg

IF YOU ARE DOING HARD MODES

1) /cjoin Global

2) /cjoin LFG

3) if both are empty, go to the fleet and start spamming "If you are 50 and would like to look for hardmodes while doing your dailies, please /cjoin Global and tell your friend. If this gets spread around enough, it could be something great" (note that this is more of a long-term solution)

/Global on corellian run republic is just great

GENERAL GUIDELINES

Be social, polite, and courteous. That is the best way to make friends, and friends are the best resource for doing stuff in MMOs.

Grow your guild / join a good one. Guilds come right after friends as a great resource in MMOs.

If everyone does the above two things, everyone benefits by having a much more enjoyable experience then even a lfd tool gives you

Edited by googleninja

Dude stop trying to break up the great community SWTOR has. How would you like if you went to fleet and saw nothing in the channels? Now we have to communicate with each other, and learn to understand and overcome our differences like civilized people. I know plenty of people love this feeling of connectednes BioWare has designed into this great game, if you don't maybe you should go back to something else...

I have a feeling there are a lot of players that just don't know how to cope without an LFD tool

How to LFG:

5) If there aren't enough people, widen the range. If there are too many results (the who tool only shows 100), then also search by class or constrain the range

6) right click on the people who would make a good group and whisper "Hey, interested in running <flashpoint>?"

My guild is very small, and I am on republic side, and I have never spent more then around 15 mins lfg

1) /cjoin Global

2) /cjoin LFG

3) if both are empty, go to the fleet and start spamming "If you are 50 and would like to look for hardmodes while doing your dailies, please /cjoin Global and tell your friend. If this gets spread around enough, it could be something great" (note that this is more of a long-term solution)

GENERAL GUIDELINES

Be social, polite, and courteous. That is the best way to make friends, and friends are the best resource for doing stuff in MMOs.

Grow your guild / join a good one. Guilds come right after friends as a great resource in MMOs.

If everyone does the above two things, everyone benefits by having a much more enjoyable experience then even a lfd tool gives you

Or you know... they can join modern MMOs and have a decent lfg tool that works.

How to LFG:

1) /cjoin Global

2) /cjoin LFG

GENERAL GUIDELINES

See this would possibly work if the servers had bigger populations. I know many people on my server as I PvP all the time. I even chat with the other faction constantly. My Flist has at least 20 people on it.

There are just not enough people on the servers, due to whatever limit.

Do you really think we don't know how to look through channels and type LFG HM.

Edited by Remidi

How to LFG:

1) /cjoin Global

2) /cjoin LFG

GENERAL GUIDELINES

I worked as a telemarketer once. I had a list of numbers and called each number and asked if they wanted my product. I'd rather not do that again.

or right now in the who menu you can tag yourself LFG add commments - like the quest/Fp/raid ect.

and you can type in LFg and it will come back with all the people that have tag themself LFG and you can read there comments if the lists there raid/quest/Fp there looking for

its amazing the tool is already there in the game , but why know one uses or knows about it is driving me crazy , it makes no sense .

I ran flashpoints while leveling and continue to run them at 50 every time I am on. I run 2-4 hard modes a night. Yet I NEVER spam chat looking for group. How is this even possible?

I am happy for you that it worked out well. That is not the case for many other players. Especially on low populations.

Why are you against making the whole process easier and less time consuming. If they do not combine servers soon, they will have to set up cross server LFG Q's or there just simply will not be enough people.

Edited by Remidi

or right now in the who menu you can tag yourself LFG add commments - like the quest/Fp/raid ect.

and you can type in LFg and it will come back with all the people that have tag themself LFG and you can read there comments if the lists there raid/quest/Fp there looking for

its amazing the tool is already there in the game , but why know one uses or knows about it is driving me crazy , it makes no sense .

Yes we know for the one billionth time. Guess what..no one uses it. Why are you against convenience? This is a video game where we are suppose to have fun. LFG for hours is not fun. It's even worse on low level alts.

Edited by Remidi

The LFG tag is not an amazing tool. It's on the same level as using general chat. It's persistent but passive and requires people to go search for it. Using the chat is at the moment but active and seeks out people.

No one uses it because it doesn't really do anything. You tag yourself and hope three other people will come find you.

The best thing to do is to lie and say "LF1M" or "LF2M". People are a lot more motivation to respond if they think something established already exists.

Still needs a queue.

Edited by GenericallyNamed

I worked as a telemarketer once. I had a list of numbers and called each number and asked if they wanted my product. I'd rather not do that again.

lol

And I don't want you calling me either. The same goes for random people whispering me when I'm in the middle of something, no matter how polite they are.

Why do some people insist that a good game and a good gaming community can only be achieved by making life as inconvinient and time consuming as possible?

Edited by byteresistor

I am happy for you that it worked out well. That is not the case for many other players. Especially on low populations.

Why are you against making the whole process easier and less time consuming. If they do not combine servers soon, they will have to set up cross server LFG Q's or there just simply will not be enough people.

Cross server LFG ques are not the answer to low pop servers. Some sort of transfers are, assuming the game is not growing.

Dude stop trying to break up the great community SWTOR has. How would you like if you went to fleet and saw nothing in the channels? Now we have to communicate with each other, and learn to understand and overcome our differences like civilized people. I know plenty of people love this feeling of connectednes BioWare has designed into this great game, if you don't maybe you should go back to something else...

Is that what you're doing with this post? :rolleyes:

See this would possibly work if the servers had bigger populations. I know many people on my server as I PvP all the time. I even chat with the other faction constantly. My Flist has at least 20 people on it.

There are just not enough people on the servers, due to whatever limit.

Do you really think we don't know how to look through channels and type LFG HM.

That's exactly what we think.

Yes we know for the one billionth time. Guess what..no one uses it. Why are you against convenience?

for the one billonth time there is not going to be a WOW like auto make group hand holding tool yet

there is a lfg tool now , its not the games fault its the players fault if its not used and unless players start telling others to use it or about it the spam of the chat will be your only hope until you rage quit or bioware is froced to put one in and make this game more hand held then it is

people want the game to make there groups for them , why not just make the companions as stong as real players so we dont have to group at all with humans . Heck right next to the play button why not have a god mode button to .

One of the points to a MMO is to play with outers and talk with and interact with humans

A auto group making tool is going to take what little MMO SWTOR has out of it.

easy is not always better but im sure there will be one put into this game sometime with in the year or so.

So you have cleared Nightmare Ops, yet no one in your guild is willing to run FP's with you or your alts? Interesting.

Sounds like you need to do a better job developing a network of friends on your server.

I have completed the same content you claim to and I have no issues getting guildies or pugs for FP's on alts.

Sounds like a Server-Specific problem.

for the one billonth time there is not going to be a WOW like auto make group hand holding tool yet

there is a lfg tool now , its not the games fault its the players fault if its not used and unless players start telling others to use it or about it the spam of the chat will be your only hope until you rage quit or bioware is froced to put one in and make this game more hand held then it is

people want the game to make there groups for them , why not just make the companions as stong as real players so we dont have to group at all with humans . Heck right next to the play button why not have a god mode button to .

One of the points to a MMO is to play with outers and talk with and interact with humans

A auto group making tool is going to take what little MMO SWTOR has out of it.

easy is not always better but im sure there will be one put into this game sometime with in the year or so.

Ok since you do not understand english I will type in caps.

THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE ON SOME SERVERS FOR YOUR IDEA/CURRENT TOOL TO WORK.

You are saying having a LFG Q is like god mode now as well.

It's not about being "easy" it's about I don't want to spend hours spamming chat. I want to join a Q and continue my journey. If you are against that then don't use it. Like most people against anything that WoW had I am sure you are unskilled player as well. It's as if only bad players are against this and any kind of change.

There needs to be merges or cross server LFG Q's asap. New players have it the worse.

There is a reason WoW and may other games implemented it.

Stop hating on stuff because WoW had it, there is a reason why that game has lasted this long.

So you have cleared Nightmare Ops, yet no one in your guild is willing to run FP's with you or your alts? Interesting.

Sounds like you need to do a better job developing a network of friends on your server.

I have completed the same content you claim to and I have no issues getting guildies or pugs for FP's on alts.

Sounds like a Server-Specific problem.

Not everyone likes to make alts. Not everyone likes to do 4mans. What kind of reply is this? Sorry I do not want level 50's plowing me through low level FP's, but I guess thats ok in your eyes.

So again how would a Q affect you in a negative way?

Is this forum filled with anti-change trolls?

I am done with this post as I have things to do. I just dont get these forums. We want this game to succeed, but most of the replies are against any kind of change. It's as if they do not want more added to the game because that makes them have to do more to be better.

Edited by Remidi

The LFG tag is not an amazing tool. It's on the same level as using general chat. It's persistent but passive and requires people to go search for it. Using the chat is at the moment but active and seeks out people.

No one uses it because it doesn't really do anything. You tag yourself and hope three other people will come find you.

The best thing to do is to lie and say "LF1M" or "LF2M". People are a lot more motivation to respond if they think something established already exists.

Still needs a queue.

amazing was a sarcrasm . its a tool to help make groups i understand its crap for most players do to it not making the group for you and not porting your group to the raid/group door.

once they get a auto group maker in the game i hope they put in a win raid/quest/FP button also so we dont have to really group with people for very long.

i give up I was trying to get the word out there was a better way then spamming chat and making more people in game aware of others LFG then just that world/fleet

at least when all the posts about how the LFD finder ruined the game i can say i tried to those posters.

I am done good luck to all whatever side your on be it yay or nah

amazing was a sarcrasm . its a tool to help make groups i understand its crap for most players do to it not making the group for you and not porting your group to the raid/group door.

once they get a auto group maker in the game i hope they put in a win raid/quest/FP button also so we dont have to really group with people for very long.

i give up I was trying to get the word out there was a better way then spamming chat and making more people in game aware of others LFG then just that world/fleet

at least when all the posts about how the LFD finder ruined the game i can say i tried to those posters.

I am done good luck to all whatever side your on be it yay or nah

LFD finder has not ruined any game, I am not sure why people keep saying this. Everyone knows about the current system...you just want to type something.

Why would this tool make grouping useless? You are just spitting nonsense now.

The ONLY thing it would do as it did in every other game is get rid of the useless chat spam, and it free's up more time for gamers.

There is not a single game you can say that tool ruined, because like most of the stuff on this forums, that is an outright lie. It all comes down to people don't like change and baddies from WoW hate anything WoW related as they are scared about being labeled not good in this game.

Edited by Remidi

lol

And I don't want you calling me either. The same goes for random people whispering me when I'm in the middle of something, no matter how polite they are.

Why do some people insist that a good game and a good gaming community can only be achieved by making life as inconvinient and time consuming as possible?

It's an acid test.

They want it to be inconvenient and time consuming. It helps weed out some of the casuals.