Dungeon Finder Needed Badly

Obi-Wun

LFD killed people moving about in the world and interacting with people on the server. LFR killed raiding. After you get one, you want the other, spamming chat is how it works. I would prefer that the devs work on good things like content or bug fixes rather than cave to the laziness of the players.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE HAVE A FLASHPOINT/HEROIC FINDER ITS CALLED /WHO!

In fact, it could be EASILY fixed if Bioware only let us read the rest of your LFG comment. It clips it off too soon. If that were to be fixed, and even likely if it wasn't fixed, that is an LFG system. The player-base is just not clever enough to use it. Stop blaming Bioware for your lack of creativity.

There is no need for Bioware to spend time they could be spending fixing bugs, on another system just because players won't use the current system. I will assassinate you in-game if you keep thinking that Bioware should cater to you, and not the rest of the community. If everyone doesn't know about /who, then that is what I am doing here... USE /WHO OK?

I'm against dungeon finders cross server, because it does kill community..
Stupid statements like that kill the community even more. I'm actually glad to know that when the LFD tool will be implemented , I won't be grouped with people like him; logically they won't use it.

]LFD killed people moving about in the world [/u[/color]]and interacting with people on the server. LFR killed raiding. After you get one' date=' you want the other, spamming chat is how it works. I would prefer that the devs work on good things like content or bug fixes rather than cave to the laziness of the players.[/quote']

How do you talk to someone that is not in touch with reality? With the current system you are stuck in the /fleet, thus preventing people from exploring the world. WoW's system allowed people to leave the cities and explore the game.

/facepalm on you Urgas

Edited by Touchbass

In fact, it could be EASILY fixed if Bioware only let us read the rest of your LFG comment. It clips it off too soon. If that were to be fixed, and even likely if it wasn't fixed, that is an LFG system. The player-base is just not clever enough to use it. Stop blaming Bioware for your lack of creativity.

There is no need for Bioware to spend time they could be spending fixing bugs, on another system just because players won't use the current system. I will assassinate you in-game if you keep thinking that Bioware should cater to you, and not the rest of the community. If everyone doesn't know about /who, then that is what I am doing here... USE /WHO OK?

Bioware is responsible of the situation;(sharding, low server pop, fleet gathering,etc) and that's the reason why they will fix it. No way players can implement a cross server LFD tool themselves. That's nonsense.

/facepalm

Edited by Touchbass

I'm basically against having a dungeon finder. At least, I'm against a cross-server dungeon finder.

I found that, yes, I could do a far higher number of instances when that particular tool was available; however, it wasn't long before the last thing I wanted to do was another instance with some random folks. Not to mention that my ignore list was becoming cluttered with toons from different servers to the point that it had become full. The attitude that you encounter generally conforms to, "Hey, I'll never see you again, so I'll take whatever loot I want or drop group on the first boss when he fails to drop my item."

Prior to the LFD tool in "that other game", the server's tanks and healers had reputations. You knew who the good tanks were. You knew the names of the good healers. And, you knew who to steer clear of. I found that the concept of server-wide reputations seemed to disappear not long after the LFD tool was implemented. Sure, you still knew a few folks that you would trust to tank or heal for your raid group, but it was far less pronounced than before.

Anywho, I'm sure that BW will implement some form of LFD for flashpoints eventually. Will I use it? Yeah, probably. At least, I'll use it until I'm sick of running flashpoints and end up running in circles around Fleet waiting for the next Op. Sounds very familiar to me.

These things do come at a cost to the server community. Will that matter to impatient kids? No, it won't.

Indeed. And what this thread reveals, is that a large part of the pro LFD are open minded; the anti LFD, narrow minded. Actually we can add another good point to this feature: a good community filter.

I sort of feel like anti-LFD are corporate stiffs who think unions aren't neccessary because they pay an incremental bit above minimal wage.

So WoW only lost 100k subscribers during the time of SWTOR's release. Wonder what that means for SWTOR's future and the timeframe for implementing a LFD feature.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2644-WoW-stabilizes-over-10M-subscribers-down-100k-in-Q4-2011?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by BlueSkittles

We have a dungeon finder LFG tool. It works just fine . Problem is most of the player base are too ignorant or simply would rather whine about something than to use it. If people would simply type /who and fill in the blanks it would work great. Or better yet simply click on the location icon right above your chat box. As to why people don't use this most awesome feature is beyond me. I don't think most people even knows about it, Good gravey people take a second or two to slow down and smell the roses. There is also a game option panel with all sorts of cool things and sadly they prob don't even know what options are either...Sheesh....!

[quote=Depredator;2700188

Prior to the LFD tool in "that other game", the server's tanks and healers had reputations. You knew who the good tanks were. You knew the names of the good healers. And, you knew who to steer clear of. I found that the concept of server-wide reputations seemed to disappear not long after the LFD tool was implemented. Sure, you still knew a few folks that you would trust to tank or heal for your raid group, but it was far less pronounced than before.

Anywho, I'm sure that BW will implement some form of LFD for flashpoints eventually. Will I use it? Yeah, probably. At least, I'll use it until I'm sick of running flashpoints and end up running in circles around Fleet waiting for the next Op. Sounds very familiar to me.

These things do come at a cost to the server community. Will that matter to impatient kids? No, it won't.

You should read my post on page 30, it basically highlights that we need to move the focus off dungeons cause we don't want to run them 30 times.

The part I highlighted, tanks did not run content over and over again unless they were in a guild helping someone. The content lasts 1-2 weeks at most so how on earth do you get a reputation? The reputation only exists for the 4-5 hour power gamers who treat this game as a hobby which is fine but the rest of us who play this just like a game do not care about reputation and what not.

Imagine players could do significantly more flashpoints and heroics while leveling. Then they would reach 50, ready to progress into hard modes and operations. The number of max level players, with an actual solid base of experience of how to play their class in group situations, should increase a lot.

Just came to my mind not having it seen mentioned before, so I felt like sharing. :)

Edited by Nepumuk

We have a dungeon finder LFG tool. It works just fine . Problem is most of the player base are too ignorant or simply would rather whine about something than to use it. If people would simply type /who and fill in the blanks it would work great. Or better yet simply click on the location icon right above your chat box. As to why people don't use this most awesome feature is beyond me. I don't think most people even knows about it, Good gravey people take a second or two to slow down and smell the roses. There is also a game option panel with all sorts of cool things and sadly they prob don't even know what options are either...Sheesh....!

I don't even have to respond anymore, I just have to highlight. This is great.

/facepalm

EDIT: incase there is confusion, you calling players ignorant when you are in fact ignorant of the current tool not working warranted the facepalm

Edited by Touchbass

I sort of feel like anti-LFD are corporate stiffs who think unions aren't neccessary because they pay an incremental bit above minimal wage.
Yeah unions kill the community as well. By the way the community kills the community. Everything kills the community actually. Am I right?

I see. So a tool that less than 5 people use at Fleet with 130+ is a failure because of the players.

A tool that does not span zones.

A tool that does not allow filtering by level.

I guess that's why they call people like you fanboys.

Edited by grueber

Low population servers and playing at odd hours. Both of which are fixed with cross-server LFD.

Uhhh Sorry this is not WoW. And I hope to god it never becomes anything like WoW. There are more things to do than run dungeons all the time.

We have a LFD tool that would work great if people would simply come out of thier coma and use the damn thing!

Good gooby-de doop!

I'm basically against having a dungeon finder. At least, I'm against a cross-server dungeon finder.

I found that, yes, I could do a far higher number of instances when that particular tool was available; however, it wasn't long before the last thing I wanted to do was another instance with some random folks. Not to mention that my ignore list was becoming cluttered with toons from different servers to the point that it had become full. The attitude that you encounter generally conforms to, "Hey, I'll never see you again, so I'll take whatever loot I want or drop group on the first boss when he fails to drop my item."

I completely agree with you here. The longer I play the game, the more I'm starting to feel like there IS going to be need of some sort of group finder tool like LFD or at the very least a set of global channels so that you're not stuck on the fleet shouting for an hour before giving up.

What I don't want to see however, is a cross-server system that will end up killing the community. I really like the PvP system so far, because at 50 I'm getting to know people and building my own reputation as well. I haven't seen a game with such a strong community and reputations that mattered since I played Final Fantasy XI.

Do I use the LFD tool in that other game that won't be mentioned? Yeah I do, because it's convenient. I also hate it at the same time, because you come across 1 person out of every 20-30 you group with that actually speaks. I'm sick of groups that almost say nothing the entire time and leave without a word, either at the end or after the boss they wanted didn't drop the gear they wanted.

I really do think we can find a balance between community and convenience, and I would rather wait for a solution like that than to see a quick fix thrown in that dilutes the community.

Uhhh Sorry this is not WoW. And I hope to god it never becomes anything like WoW. There are more things to do than run dungeons all the time.

We have a LFD tool that would work great if people would simply come out of thier coma and use the damn thing!

Good gooby-de doop!

This game plays identical to WoW, maybe this genre is not for you?

Just wanted to state how much lfg tools destroy community, at the moment you need to talk to players. At the end of the run I friend the goodones and offer them a slot before spaming general. Through wish forms connection between similarly focused players.

Cross server off reduces the game to autistic mutes who just want to get their daily done have no carefactor or concern for their actions as you will never interact again.

Whilst the second option is easier and great for the selfcentred and adhd it destroys the multiplayer community central to these types of games.

I need to repost this again:

Well, here is the issue in a nutshell.

1) People won't be forced to group together so you won't meet new people on your server through a prime old established method of meeting people

2) People can't find groups the old fashioned way without tremendous difficultly using the old established system

So technically, if you were new to a server with the X-LFD got implemented, you could group up with random people and by the time you reach 50 you'll know nobody on the server whereas on the old system you should have at least a few friends and perhaps a guild

That's really the concern. It's a valid concern but I'd rather have those issues then not being able to see content when I want. Essentially if you are a power gamer then the old type of system works really for you. If you play 3-5 times a week at 4+ hour sessions you can build cohesion with people really easily. Unfortunately the new type of gamer doesn't have time to make these lasting friendships cause we treat the game like a game and not a hobby.

Let me say that again, some people play this game like a game and other play it like a hobby. There is NOTHING wrong with playing this game like a hobby. When I have my first kid I'll be playing 4-5 hour sessions while the kid is sleeping to keep me home and entertained while I watch my toddler from my laptop. Now the problem lies in that MMORPG's companies have gotten greedy and thrown us into a genre that can't succcessfully cater to both and forces us to butt heads.

Ok now so we have a scope of what's going on here is the root of the problem.

People won't socialize unless they want to and making us endlessly travel through boring stale dungeons to "gear up", especially outdated dungeons with a badge system doesn't make me want to socalize. Flashpoints should be available to everyone through a X-LFD system so people can see them. The developers have spend too much money on them for their current use and it's sickening that people have no empathy for players who don't have access to them.

Socialization only happens when there is a meaningful goal involved. The reason no one talks in WoW's X-LFD half the time is because people don't want to be there. The tank yells "gogo" because the he's been there nth number of times and isnt' enjoying himself. Why do we have a system where people have to run a particular dungeon 30 times? That's madness and it kills the fun. We should be out in the world exploring and working on tasks together not spamming the same dungeon over and over again. We need to have server wide things people can group up and get involved with.

TLDR: Having flashpoints as the main method of grouping and getting to know people is an archaic philopshy and only punishs groups of players who can't benefit from the fruits of it. We need other methods of getting to know one another.

Just wanted to state how much lfg tools destroy community, at the moment you need to talk to players. At the end of the run I friend the goodones and offer them a slot before spaming general. Through wish forms connection between similarly focused players.

Cross server off reduces the game to autistic mutes who just want to get their daily done have no carefactor or concern for their actions as you will never interact again.

Whilst the second option is easier and great for the selfcentred and adhd it destroys the multiplayer community central to these types of games.

How can you seriously type this garbage? I look forward to the day you and your kind leave this game. This genre is no longer for you. The meek have inheritied the world.