Dear BioWare, I am... bored.

Razyr

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slowing down leveling would throw MMOs back into the Pre-WoW (Took me two months to get to 60 in Vanilla) dark ages where you had to grind the crap out of things.

Its the mentality of "I have to get to endgame to enjoy it" thats making people burn through content.

So make it super easy so that everyone gets there very quickly and can gear up in a week or two only to sit around and say there isn't anything to do but reroll and start over?

They might as well rename this The Alt Republic then.

agreed. I have not logged in for 3 days now and have no desire to do so given that my options upon logging in are

1. play warzones and hope my wins actually count towards the daily/weekly

2. travel to ilum and participate in an EPIC kill trading pvp battle

3. spam general chat to find a group for a HM/ops.

with respect to the OP, I note your join date in these forums was 2011...

That was for this account. My main account, named after my SWG toon from years ago, goes back to 09. I switched accounts right after ordering, because that account went to my oldest son. The kids got Digital copies, wife and I went with install disc's.

To be completely honest, that account went to my youngest son, then to his older brother because of some sort of logic that only makes sense if you have multiple teenagers. I kinda understand it, something about who bought the GW3 XBoX disc, but really... :confused:

Don't get me started on my 15 year old taking it upon himself to set up the security code for that account and then forgetting the password. It took my (brilliant) wife over an hour to figure out what password he had used.

Edited by Razyr

agreed. I have not logged in for 3 days now and have no desire to do so given that my options upon logging in are

1. play warzones and hope my wins actually count towards the daily/weekly

2. travel to ilum and participate in an EPIC kill trading pvp battle

3. spam general chat to find a group for a HM/ops.

what did you do in wow endgame?

I think it's the lack of variety / depth in systems.

I'm playing EQ2 atm as well. As 2 examples; the alternate advancement system and the deep crafting system give me 2 more things to do with my time. There are lots more. of course, it has been around for ages so not saying TOR should be there yet - but if it is a choice of where to spend money, newer games have more of a challenge when there are so many options - just expected TOR to have been more of a pull on my wallet than it has.

I played EQ2 for years its crafting system sucked (Compared to TORs at least) and AA was little more then a talent point system and if done right you could have well above the 150 point max.

And you talking like the game will never add any of the things you want.

So I'll ask this.

Assuming they add the following would you stay.

Ship customization

Guild Capital Ship.

Everything in the "Coming up in SWTOR" Vid.

I played EQ2 for years its crafting system sucked (Compared to TORs at least) and AA was little more then a talent point system and if done right you could have well above the 150 point max.

So I'll ask this.

Ship customization

Guild Capital Ship.

EQ2 crafting system was much better than TOR's 'Set It and Forget It' approach to crafting. You lose all credibility when you say TOR's 'crafting system', if it can be called that, is better than EQ2.

EQ2 crafting system was much better than TOR's 'Set It and Forget It' approach to crafting. You lose all credibility when you say TOR's 'crafting system', if it can be called that, is better than EQ2.

Pretty sure he doesn't, as preference is an opinion. Is it OK for me to like things you don't, and vice versa?

Some people ENJOY that they don't have to spend hours "crafting," some people prefer the "set it and forget it."

What real difference does it make if you see your character perform animations before you get the item or not?

Edited by djsmileey

Personally I'm still having fun. Clearly alts are a big thing in this game, and so is having a guild. In the end if you play the game a lot, you will be bored of it quicker. Nothing can be done about that unless something drastic is done.

I do agree with the need for more warzone maps and eventually more ops.

In EQII all you did was gather crap take it to your respective crafting skill work bench then sit down and hit 1,2,3 or ,4,5,6 based on whatever was needed.

I enjoy TORs crafting more people it gives me master craft like gear from EQII (In the form of purples) with out the boring grind.

So I'll ask this.

Ship customization

Guild Capital Ship.

So, you played EQ2 for 'years'. Must have been a great game.

Let me ask you this then, which is the choice I have at the moment: pay for TOR or play EQ2 f2p? This is the competitive market TOR is in just now.

I have paid AU$100 or so for my 2 months of TOR - don't regret that at all. But next month?

Pretty sure he doesn't, as preference is an opinion. Is it OK for me to like things you don't, and vice versa?

Some people ENJOY that they don't have to spend hours "crafting," some people prefer the "set it and forget it."

What real difference does it make if you see your character perform animations before you get the item or not?

If you don't like crafting you shouldn't comment on crafting.

I don't fish so I am not about to tell people who makes the best tackle/gear.

I'm still trying to understand why it's okay to make a bad decision as long as you're not trying to be like WoW? I mean is there a reason we couldn't have had something like Vanilla WoW Legendaries to give crafting professions a purpose? Or is there something wrong with if you put in more hours into something you get something better in return?

I mean the game at endgame is not really even a grind fest. If you said Everquest was like the extreme version of capitilism for MMOs then SWTOR feels like the communistic version. In real life, given an equal standing skills, if you were to make a cabinet and say spend 30 hours compared to 15 hours you'll likely have a better product.

There is no reason why you can't take the good parts of something else and implement it. Trying to be different is good and all but don't make bad decisions trying to be different.

So, you played EQ2 for 'years'. Must have been a great game.

Let me ask you this then, which is the choice I have at the moment: pay for TOR or play EQ2 f2p? This is the competitive market TOR is in just now.

I have paid AU$100 or so for my 2 months of TOR - don't regret that at all. But next month?

I didn't play it for years, as in payed for 24 months or what ever worth of game time. I probably spent maybe 1500 hours playing over a course of about 3 years mostly because my father wouldn't play WoW and gaming is something we both enjoy. WoW was about 2500 hours over the course of 6 years with large breaks.

I have about 150 hours logged into TOR and with my sub running out in about 15-20 days I might wait until the next couple content updates before resubbing.

As far as EQII being a great game? Ok- Or good is how I would have put it. WoW is great, SWTOR is great, EvE is great.

If you don't like crafting you shouldn't comment on crafting.

I don't fish so I am not about to tell people who makes the best tackle/gear.

I just love the sit n wait type of crafting and in EvE I was a huge crafter.

This would be like me liking martial arts but you like Karate while I like UFC.

Another QQ post about a player who got to 50 as fast as he could and now is bored. This is why i visit the forums once a month. Itrs the same repeat offenders, same posts, same QQ with a different title.

I have 1 50 and enjoying lvl'n 7 other toons. Good Job Bioware. keep it up.

You are a grown up man (obviously from your post), and you can't realize, that the days of theme-park based WoW-ish MMOS are over?

WoW sucked the life off the genre in this form, on top of that BW made a crappy copy of WoW, when ppl were looking for something else than a WoW with Star Wars skin?

Can't you get it?

It's done. This game CAN NOT be fixed, the way you want, because you want a structural change. I doubt they can do that in less than a year time. All they can do at this point is release more of the same - FP/OPS, which is a dead end, cause ppl don't want more of the same, they don't want quantity and to repeat the same they ran away from WoW for, they want quality and the structure of SWTOR have nothing more to offer, sadly.

They can add new class based scenario/story - which is then taking us to the next point - why would i pay monthly for a single player game in a, only by words, MMO. And why would i play a semi decent single player game when i can play so many REALLY good and made to be single player games, that are out there.

I, for myself, as soon as i hit 50 realized it's not what i hoped for, it's just the same old plane WoW-ish boring grind and even the PvP, which could have kept me in for a while, is a big fail with the same old mistakes of both WoW and Warhammer mixed...horrible.

The first to make the really next gen MMO with new breaking features will be a success, BW failed, they are going down and they are going down fast, because they used a wrong model, wrong design and failed at too many points.

With total 500 mil invested and over 5 years and so many examples, a studio like BW should have realized the simple truth - the only game that was and can be successful with the WoW model is...WoW.

This ^^^

I only tried WoW for a month and really hated it. But i have played many WoW clones and its all the same garbage.

Another QQ post about a player who got to 50 as fast as he could and now is bored. This is why i visit the forums once a month. Itrs the same repeat offenders, same posts, same QQ with a different title.

1) you are easily entertained.

2) leveling is primarily a solo activity. paying a monthly subscription for a single-player game is lawl.

I'm having fun. Haven't levelled my smuggler completely yet (stuck on 40), but I've gone from having a blast, listening to all the dialogue, playing for 3/4 hours a night, to maybe playing an average of 2 hours a night (if I play at all). Yet, I'm still holding out hope that they will perhaps in 6 months/ 1 year try to add in elements that I loved about SWG. I really do think that perhaps it could work in this game.

I didn't play it for years, as in payed for 24 months or what ever worth of game time. I probably spent maybe 1500 hours playing over a course of about 3 years mostly because my father wouldn't play WoW and gaming is something we both enjoy. WoW was about 2500 hours over the course of 6 years with large breaks.

I have about 150 hours logged into TOR and with my sub running out in about 15-20 days I might wait until the next couple content updates before resubbing.

As far as EQII being a great game? Ok- Or good is how I would have put it. WoW is great, SWTOR is great, EvE is great.

I think your 2nd para says it all for how I feel. With my other MMOs there was no way I would be wondering whether or not I might sub for a 2nd month - there was so much to do I felt engaged for 6 months or more.

The thing is it's a lose-lose situation. If they focus on making content people will start whining that bugs aren't being fixed and if they focus on bugs people will whine that there is no new content. Right now they seem to be trying to focus on both evenly and I can deal with it.

If you are looking for something to do try rolling an alt on the other side.

Same repeat offenders? Really? You have not read a single one of my 164+ other posts, much less the original post that started this thread. The ones where I defend the game, preach patience and collect positive, helpful information. I even stated, in detail, that I did NOT rush to level 50, that I took my time, that I have explored the game.

Even that I want it to succeed.

I might actually take your reply to heart if you'd actually read the first page of the thread It amazes me how many people simply rush to whatever judgement pops into their head without actually taking the time or effort to understand an issue.

Edited by Razyr