New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

On patch day, and most of the players have yet to log on.

This will soon become a legend, leading eventually to "Daddy, where were you when BioWare made THE MISTAKE?" inquiries from our yet to be born children.

Its a small hick up that most people wont even remember. Again BW custom UI would make everyone happy as they could pick the changes they like.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still a fan of the pre-patch UI interface. The GCD was a subtle effect and all of my abilities that were usable (even if they were on GCD) were still lit-up/visible. This new interface makes it extremely difficult because as soon as I use one ability all my abilities appear dimmed out and unusable. I play a Juggernaut btw.

I'm not sure if this new improvement was to help another class or not but it is severely detrimental to the Juggernaut I play.

The only problem with the old one was that longer abilities with a few seconds left looked like they were available, but weren't. The correct solution is to put a numerical countdown on abilities that are close to ready, not to make it very hard to tell for ALL of your abilities.

hahah so true

half the people are probably just making stuff up to get it rolled back

Seriously, you dont like flashy lights. What about all the Sorcs and the lightning spam

How hard is it to read a couple of posts and understand the true problem. You don't know if an ability with conditionals on GCD will be available after cooldown or not. It's seriously not that hard to exercise a tiny bit of intelligence, you know.

Edited by Aurojiin

I think BW should just stop listening to complaints about this for now. As it seems every change they do on the global cooldown makes another part of the players unhappy. Some want numbers, other more visual effects or less visual effects, it will be impossible to make 1.7 million subscribers happy about this issue as it seems.

The only problem with the old one was that longer abilities with a few seconds left looked like they were available, but weren't. The correct solution is to put a numerical countdown on abilities that are close to ready, not to make it very hard to tell for ALL of your abilities.

Ah yes, now that you mention that I do see that being a problem. I have run into that issue before but most of the time my longer CD I would either be clicking them so I could see the CD in the tooltip on the right.

Hmm... I can understand a little of what they were trying to fix, I just think they may have caused another issue in the process.

Edited by Kirsith

Ever 1,5 seconds I have 4 bars of flashing stuff.

Hey guys, I am to old for disco!

And all I get from this flash flash flash is bad headache.

The animation is ok, all visibile ... but PLEASE remove this terrible final flash!

hahah so true

half the people are probably just making stuff up to get it rolled back

Seriously, you dont like flashy lights. What about all the Sorcs and the lightning spam

It really isn't the same. I don't have the medical background to explain why some kinds of lights create headaches and eyestrain and others don't, but I do know that it didn't before today, and it does now. And from the looks of it, a lot of other people are having the same problem.

I just did 1 more daily, and now I'm taking a 30 minute time out to recover because I don't want to throw up. I know it's sounds like I am being melodramatic, but that's also the truth.

Hum, no? They can easily give us the choice through an option.

Mk, I'll set the over under at 50 pages on the new topic once this gets fixed either tomorrow (most likely since people are probably claiming their brother is now dead because of this) or by next weeks patch.

I'll take over...people will whine whine whine. Get the Waaaaaaambulance ready.

Edited by TheSpeeGamers

I think BW should just stop listening to complaints about this for now. As it seems every change they do on the global cooldown makes another part of the players unhappy. Some want numbers, other more visual effects or less visual effects, it will be impossible to make 1.7 million subscribers happy about this issue as it seems.

As I said earlier in this post, I didn't think the UI could get any worse, but it continues to do so.

If after this, they once again make the actionbars even wors, I wouldn't even be angry anymore. I'd start venturing into "amazed" territory.

How hard is it to read a couple of posts and understand the true problem. You don't know if an ability with conditionals on GCD will be available after cooldown or not. It's seriously not that hard to exercise a tiny bit of intelligence, you know.

What are you talking about? I was talkin about the flashy lights not some CD issue. Its pretty easy to tell if a skill is off CD after playing alot

Or they could first fix something that makes the game unplayable for a large group of people.

And in my naiveté I didn't think they could possibly make it worse, not after we gave them plenty of suggestions on how to improve the system (none of which at all resemble the horror they've turned it into now) in the last thread... *facepalm*

Is it too much ask to just have a simple, functional cooldown display where I can see which skills are ON and OFF cooldown at a quick glance, without all of these unnecessary fuss and frills?

I don't need nor want my skillbar looking like a disco floor - it's bloody distracting.

Edited by Amarinth

Let players have custom UI options. 1.7 million people happy. Problem solved :)

Someone at Bioware should read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_(symptom) before they decide to play around with the visual aspect of the UI. One of the major triggers for these is a flash of light in the peripheral vision (which is what your current ui does). It's likely the major reason so many people are posting about feeling dizzy, nauseated, sensation of numbness, headaches, etc...

-

Also BW consult your artists before adding flashy lights to the very bottom of the screen. It distracts the focal point of the composition and confuses the eye. It pulls the eye down straight vertically which isn't very comfortable since the eye's movement is primarily horizontal.

^ This