The new hotbar darkening of abilities is confusing.

EliteSeraph

It's horrible. I'm relying on rotation memory atm cos the UI is almost unreadable in it's current form.

Now imagine if you actually had a priority system instead of a rotation, where the order you use abilities is entirely inconsistent.

This new UI stinks for that.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh maybe I am in the minority but it seems "ok" to me. Maybe not the greatest, but usable and not totally "OMG I cant play at ALL" broken.

Sometimes I think a bunch of the forum people could log in and find 10 million credits and a Twi'lek serving girl in their inbox and STILL complain about how BW didnt make the Twi'lek polka dotted with yellow eyes and it TOTALLY breaks the game.

/sign

Please revert that UI change back ASAP. It's totally annoying and I can't really play.

For the love of everyone please do those changes next time on PTR before putting them live and please get some feedback. You have probably ruined whole week of gameplay if you plan to revert this back next week.

Can we get little numbers on buttons to see how much time is left on CD or something more useful? Or just make game be modable with add-ons.

Eh maybe I am in the minority but it seems "ok" to me. Maybe not the greatest, but usable and not totally "OMG I cant play at ALL" broken.

Sometimes I think a bunch of the forum people could log in and find 10 million credits and a Twi'lek serving girl in their inbox and STILL complain about how BW didnt make the Twi'lek polka dotted with yellow eyes and it TOTALLY breaks the game.

Yes, there is a lot of nonsensical whining on the forums. There are, however, often legitimate concerns that are being mentioned. Like this one for instance. PVP is absolutely horrid with the current system :)

I never complain about a feature in a game. i enjoy this game very much sure somethings need to be fixed but its still a new game. but as someone who is a Photosensitive epileptic having all my abilities flash at me is VERY unnerving. i do not care whether it is taken away all together or a option to remove it but like i said i need it gone or i will no longer play this game.

Dang, so much hate directed at my post. Sorry I couldn't respond I was busy you know, playing the game. I'm in ilum pvping right now, having no trouble at all... I like bright flashing things, yo.

I would just like to point out that Mr Awesome here lists a Commando as one of his characters. He is obviously busy in Illum with his "rotation".... 11111111111111111111.

Does anybody from Bioware actualy play the game to see it in progress before they release something? Now I feel like somebody throws a flashbang to my face everytime I use an ability. The game is definitely not for epileptics now :)

To all the people saying that the new UI is fine, Why do you like that every time you are on a GCD your whole screen looks like a light show? A Cool-down and a GCD are two completely different things but they merged them into one with this new idea. Like everyone is saying, add an option in preferences, seems like an easy fix.

This idea is so bad.

when i use my auto attack ability i first need to wait the gcd to finish, then wait for a flash, and then i can tell if something on CD or not.

The previous implementation was so much better, it's pretty much unplayable now.

I will have to agree with this.

One thing was fixed, long CD abilities are now clear that they actually are not ready yet. However making that change globally really makes it damn hard to know what is going on during the GCD. This is a quite vital part since its during that you take the descision what todo next.

Please iterate this further. Also make it more moddable, adding a CD number, changing the colors etc yourself. The best would be if you could set different colors for out of range, to low ammo (in my case) and general CD. Make it optional and set by preferences. You will never be able to make a solution that makes all happy unless its possible to tweak it as a user.

Edited by illiam

I also find the new quickslot cooldown/GCD indicator very confusing and unhelpful.

The problem, this time around, seems to be that the GCD indicator is *WAY* too dominating. The GCD indicator should merely be a very faint and subtle tint that scans the icons - not something that makes available abilities and abilities on cooldown look all the same for 1.5 seconds.

In combat I am constantly "inside" a GCD, and I need to be able to tell what abilities are ready for use in the next GCD. There is no time to let the GCD indicator "play out" and then throw an eye on my quickslots to see what is available. I need to be able to clearly distinguish available abilities from abilities on cooldown, at all times. For this to be possible, the GCD indicator must be far more subtle.

I want to suggest the following "icon states", that would accomplish what I'm talking about:

State 1: No color layer. Ability is available and there is no GCD in effect.

State 2: Very faint layer. Ability is available but GCD is in effect.

State 3: Significantly dark layer. Ability is on cooldown.

This is pretty much how all other MMORPG's I've played function, and I believe there is a good reason for that.