Cheaper respec costs?

Riddleraj

We all know tanks/healers are hard to come by for flashpoints, so how about we cheapen the cost of respecs to encourage players to make the switch when needed.

Personally, I play a shadow and find the constant money sink to be quite draining on my enthusiasm to continue doing it. I play a tank for running flashpoints and dps for my guild. I do not believe that being charged 99k continually is a good mechanic and should be changed immediately.

In a game that only has 4 people in a group, the need for more tanks/healers is in much higher demand than in other games. I feel that the game should be encouraging respecs rather than frightening people away.

I welcome your thoughts.

no make it more expensive. Keep people from floping back and forth make a spec mean something.

People need to pick a spec and deal with it IMO... Tanking/healing/DPSing are all viable ways to solo or group. Not to mention someone who swaps specs constantly will never be good at either one of them.

no make it more expensive. Keep people from floping back and forth make a spec mean something.

People need to pick a spec and deal with it IMO... Tanking/healing/DPSing are all viable ways to solo or group. Not to mention someone who swaps specs constantly will never be good at either one of them.

You don't know what you're talking about

That is bs ill out heal you or out dps you any day. The cost is WAY to expensive in raids im a healer in PVP i like to dps sometimes. Forcing me to heal in PVP when I like to dps is retarded.

lets just make the game like diablo. no respecs. what you talent is what you get. deal with it if you screw up or reroll.

or predetermined builds. when you make a class it will randomly make you a healer/tank/dps. then just deal with it

/end troll

i do agree that dual specs or reduced costs would be nice. i, and im sure many others, like to roll a pvp and a pve spec.

unfortunately I hate to tell you but we've seen in newer games where you can have multiple roles you can switch to it actually encourages people to PVE and PVP more often and not an either or and yes I'm talking about last years MMORPG of the year Rift the multiple roles actually encouraged me to do more PVE which I always hated in other games but since I could keep my PVP spec and PVE specs it kept the game from getting stale for me. Some will ask why im not still playing it but i love starwars in general and 7 of my real life friends I always played came over

Last thing I need is a dps thinking he can get away with tanking by just being a tank spec and not knowing what the hell he's doing.

Oh,also, respec costs are cheap as hell. I never abused a money glitch, didn't have slicing, and constantly float at a ridiculous amount of money from dailies. I spent anywhere from 400k to 1 mil a day recustomizing my gear sometimes. If you can't afford respecs, you're doing it wrong.

Yeeesh. Do we just have a lot of people that haven't been in MMOs before? Dual Spec or cheaper re-spec costs are definitely important. At times there are situations where a role is missing for a raid or to help run people through FPs. I've on several occasions have had to go between healer and DPS to help people out. The draw back is having gear sets for both. However, people can be skilled in both roles. It would also be nice to see people develop their skills beyond just going pew pew.

I loved having multiple roles i could change between out of combat in rift. It's just a shame that rift wasn't star wars among other faults.

I think they should keep the respec costs but also add the ability to purchase extra roles. They could be really expensive and it would still be a great alternative. IMO ofc.

I reckon if you took the functionality of Rift (UI customization, macro bind etc) and combined it with the Star Wars IP and biowares talent for story and then threw in lotro's party elements (im thinking specifically of the fellowship combo thing) and then to top it off had WoW raid boss dynamics (i never got into wow it was a boring IP but i hear the boss fights were good times). I think all that would be an MMO to dominate the market for decades to come.

Edited by Bluestone

Last thing I need is a dps thinking he can get away with tanking by just being a tank spec and not knowing what the hell he's doing.

and what that has to do with respec price? -.-

Oh,also, respec costs are cheap as hell. I never abused a money glitch, didn't have slicing, and constantly float at a ridiculous amount of money from dailies. I spent anywhere from 400k to 1 mil a day recustomizing my gear sometimes. If you can't afford respecs, you're doing it wrong.

you should probably get a work or life of some sort, cause not many of us can spend as much time as you playing, to farm 1mil every day. i spend 2-3 hours in evening actually raiding/pvping, not doing bs dailies and spending like 100k on repair bills after the raid is too much for me already, not counting that i have to respec contantly between pve dps, pve heal and pvp dps. and yes, i do have different sets of gear for these specs and actually know how to play them.

spending like 400k credits on full respec circle is just absurd. this game forces you to have one spec and one spec only, choose whether you want to pve or pvp and stick to it. not encouraging taking different talents, experimenting with them, finding the build for you.

We have a serious lack of tanks on our server because it's a pvp server, so the little amount of classes that can tank that play choose to be a DPS or tank/hybrid of some sort because it's better for pvp. I think I've seen maybe one guardian tank on our server in pvp and I'm not even sure it was lv50 that I saw him at.

Now if there was dual spec, this issue would be solved...we'd have tons of assassins with tank offspec and what little guardians/powertechs do play would probably have a tank offspec too who knows.

I'm totally for it as well because I like to flipflop a lot (and no I don't suck everytime I switch that's just stupid).

If you want to tank, roll a tank.

If you want to heal, roll a healer.

You, at present, have 8 character slots, use them, cheaper than flip flopping.

Oh, but you will have to level them, is that a problem too?

I don't want "Name of whatever game you want to play here" #2.

Edited by Esproc

If you want to tank, roll a tank.

If you want to heal, roll a healer.

You, at present, have 8 character slots, use them, cheaper than flip flopping.

Oh, but you will have to level them, is that a problem too?

I don't want "Name of whatever game you want to play here" #2.

This is all good and well, but then why do some classes have the ability to perform 2 roles at max level?, if what you say is how BW intended it to be then no class would be able to fulfill 2 roles.

they have already made the decision to allow 1 class to perform multiple roles, dual spec is just a matter of time

i agree with u

I think BioWare is more concerned with coming off as "WoW with lightsabers" than incorporating best practices from previous MMOs into their game.

The UI needs work NOW. UI Scaling is in all MMOs (even EQ1 has it) and SWTOR needs it bad. There are lots of things BioWare should have added in order to put this game on par in the "standard features" category. WoW introduced dual specs and that's a must, imho, for any game going forward. Aside from speccing tank or dps, I might need to swap between PvE and PvP specs.

Dual specs, please.

lets just make the game like diablo. no respecs. what you talent is what you get. deal with it if you screw up or reroll.

or predetermined builds. when you make a class it will randomly make you a healer/tank/dps. then just deal with it

/end troll

i do agree that dual specs or reduced costs would be nice. i, and im sure many others, like to roll a pvp and a pve spec.

Diablo 2 had respecs.

BOOM!

Edited by AetherMcLoud

Ironically, for my server, finding DPS seems to be harder then finding Healers or Tanks. I just want to check something. When I last respeced, the cost appeared to me as 54k. But I needed the swap, so I bit the bullet anyways.

Then I got a popup saying its a new week, so my re-spec cost is now zero. My subsequent one went up to 1.3k, and more. Does cost reset every week? I honestly think that might be enough for me, but then I enjoy simply being a solid tank.

While I do wish I can swap over to DPS now and then, I think having cost reseted every week is fine, I guess.

and what that has to do with respec price? -.-

you should probably get a work or life of some sort, cause not many of us can spend as much time as you playing, to farm 1mil every day. i spend 2-3 hours in evening actually raiding/pvping, not doing bs dailies and spending like 100k on repair bills after the raid is too much for me already, not counting that i have to respec contantly between pve dps, pve heal and pvp dps. and yes, i do have different sets of gear for these specs and actually know how to play them.

spending like 400k credits on full respec circle is just absurd. this game forces you to have one spec and one spec only, choose whether you want to pve or pvp and stick to it. not encouraging taking different talents, experimenting with them, finding the build for you.

"You should probably get a work"... sheesh...

If you're going to come with that stupid "Well I have a real life" BS excuse then at least do it right.

The truth is that even one day worth of dailies would cover the cost of raiding and a respec, even at maximum respec cost. If you're spending more than that on a night's raid then you're too fail to be doing operations, anyway.

Plus, if you're not playing the game that much, you shouldn't be respeccing constantly. Do you log on to respec right before you log back out again to resume your so-called glorious real life?

The costs reset each week already.

/end troll

In case you do not know, you can respecc in Diablo. :) Sure, they decided that you were to be able to do that a tad late, but you can. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.