Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

If you are 50 and a PvPer, why are you still here?

darth_knine

I am enjoying the game, and I have fun PVPing with my friends. Maybe the shadowlands server is different than yours, we have solid players on both sides Empire and Republic. We usually have action going on in Ilumn 2-3 times a day(5pm-midinight) with the republic outnumbering the empire occasionally or close enough to push us.

GW2 is a PVPer's wetdream really? it is an all instanced game how are true PVPers who always cry about open world PVP going to like that? Some interesting stuff to it, but not enough to make me leave here. GW2 will have a ton of bugs and prolly more with the 3xserver-vs-server fucntionality. I have always felt that a game needed a good 4-7 months to fully balance itself out PVP and PVE wise. There will always be teaks needed, but it's not like WoW was ever balanced for PVP, people jsut re-rolled the most powerfull class for patches.

Edited by Liriana

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game will loose a heck of alot of players once TERA, Diablo 3 and GW2 is out.

I think it can drop as low as 500k subs or even lower. SWToR is basicly AoC, lootsa things said then removed before release, overhyped, ignoring community, and no endgame.

Heck even my PvE friends are bored and only loggs in to do an ops a couple of times a week. Most of them have bought Kingdoms of Amalur to have something to play, or are finishing up Skyrim.

Me and a friend are trying TERA, and other friends are thinking of trying it aswell. Its not the best mmo ever, but SWToR are so boring, atleast well get something to play together.

I only logg on to do my daily pvp quests and then logg of.

Currently playing through Mass Effect 2 in NM mode for Mass Effect 3

I actually considered myself a PVER untill this game came out. I love the pvp in it. The objectives in the warzones are fun I enjoy healing my teammates and helping control items that need to be done. I play on average of 5 hours per day about 3 of which I am pvping. I think they did an excellent job with this game. But hey oppionions are like a** holes every one has one.

The more i read about the open pvp system, the more it warms an old daoc players heart.

They must have some old really good DaoC player that understands how good that pvp system was.

ArenaNets 2 lead Dev's were ex Mythic employes. Mythic created DAoC. Their WvW is being done by these 2 Dev's. The whole Arenanet team speaks HUGE of DAoC and are old players as well. There is a reason that the WvWvW system looks like old DAoC.

ArenaNets 2 lead Dev's were ex Mythic employes. Mythic created DAoC. Their WvW is being done by these 2 Dev's. The whole Arenanet team speaks HUGE of DAoC and are old players as well. There is a reason that the WvWvW system looks like old DAoC.

Yeah clearly GW2 got devs that worked on DaoC and SWTOR got the Warhammer crew

The more i read about the open pvp system, the more it warms an old daoc players heart.

They must have some old really good DaoC player that understands how good that pvp system was.

i hate the fantasy setting with a passion but i cant ignore gw2. Wont be surprised if gw2 takes a big chunk out of tor.

Why am I still here? Because I've put untold hours into my lvl 50 toon and am holding out hope that it will get better. Also, theres not much else to play atm.

The pvp is enjoyable if it's a competitive game... getting rolled (either way) is no fun imo. There's nothing like a close game of huttball, golden stuff. I do wish there was less cc in pvp, or at least a resolve bar that works on snares/roots and fills up faster. As it is now, pvp is enjoyable, but still needs a bit of work.

Also get rid of the need for rng to get BM gear and go the same route you went with champ bags, bioware. Make BM gear cost BM comms, give BM comms with each BM bag with a chance for a BM token... just like champ bags.

I actually considered myself a PVER untill this game came out. I love the pvp in it. The objectives in the warzones are fun I enjoy healing my teammates and helping control items that need to be done. I play on average of 5 hours per day about 3 of which I am pvping. I think they did an excellent job with this game. But hey oppionions are like a** holes every one has one.

The fact you posted that you are a pver baffles me. Why are pver's even reading the pvp forums?

Go back to your pve cave and raid for 8 hrs. PvP on this game is a joke, anyone who has played a decent pvp game would admit to this. I have pvped since 1997 Ultima Online - SWTOR, played around 10 other mmos in between.

The only thing great about this game is lvling the toon to 50, then everything dies out.

Illum is NOT pvp, its an easter egg hunt with a mixed zergfest.

Warzones are map abuse + get your premade ready or prepare to lose.

I really regret paying for one extra month on this game. PvP is not skill based at all, you dont even have to move, just spam your buttons and it will point you at your target so you can hit him. . .

I was really hyped about this game, but the fact that the only positive posts about pvp, comes from people like this pver, shows you how much of a joke pvp is on this game. Sorry Bioware fanboys, pvp here is garbage.

I canceled but have a few months left, since I paid 6 month sub :(

What is your excuse?

Hopefully the game is fixed in that time. I just recently started pvp myself and it is rather imbalanced and doesn't seem to require much skill.

Edited by chronosxx

i hate the fantasy setting with a passion but i cant ignore gw2. Wont be surprised if gw2 takes a big chunk out of tor.

Won't be surprised if GW2 doesn't fail miserably after people discover its pvp is a lagfest and not quite "the next DAOC" as they forced themselves to believe. lulz

The fact you posted that you are a pver baffles me. Why are pver's even reading the pvp forums?

Go back to your pve cave and raid for 8 hrs.

I have a better question, you obviously hate the game so why are YOU still here?

I'm pretty sure I'm more experienced and quite honestly BETTER at pvp than most of the people on this forum. And guess what? I enjoy the game. PVP isn't great but I think they can work out the problems and I"m going to give it time to see if they do. I won't be jumping ship to GW2 because I already know that game will suck. They are focusing entirely on massive pvp combat and tech simply hasn't reached the point where that won't result in a massive lagfest. Even DAOC had massive lag at times and it wasn't quite as ambitious with its ideas. They are dooming GW2 before its even released.

GW2 is a PVPer's wetdream really? it is an all instanced game how are true PVPers who always cry about open world PVP going to like that?

Someone obviously doesn't know anything about GW2.

Anyway, I haven't touched this game in ages. Playing ME2 now (and ME3 multiplayer), a true high quality BioWare game. Though, I'll give it to BioWare... SW:TOR's story was pretty high up there in terms of quality.

But GW2 is going to be more successful than SW:TOR and TERA. It's a given. It's also clearly the better game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.