If you are 50 and a PvPer, why are you still here?

darth_knine

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main flaw is it's a phased festival of safe zones....i know you will hate my referencing but where's my stormwind to raid? where's my orgrimmar? we need city's to raid achievements to gain things that make players want to go out not silly phasing ilum and 3 warzones 2 of which if your imperial you wont get to see.

WoW was never a great PvP game but yeah stormwind/orgimar would be like 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000X better than LOLUM.

No problem, I do tell: play an offline game then. Or do you really want to tell me playing through some story arcs is the way MMOs are meant to be played?

I think they're meant to be played anyway they entertain you. If that's through story arcs then *** do you care?

You said it's sad that this is all people look for in a game. My point was, what else would you look for in a game other than to be entertained?

Anyway, to answer the OP's question, I play this game because for the time being I enjoy my class and the WZs. That probably won't last for more than another month so I hope the new WZ comes out soon otherwise I'll probably unsub from boredom.

P.S. I'm pretty casual, so if I'm running out of content / getting bored with it then you know your game has a content problem.

I think they're meant to be played anyway they entertain you. If that's through story arcs then *** do you care?

You said it's sad that this is all people look for in a game. My point was, what else would you look for in a game other than to be entertained?

No, no, that wasn't what I said at all. I said, it is sad, if all people are looking for in an MMO is to play through a story. Of course the only reason to play a game should be to be entertained. But there are solo games and multiplayer games. And if the sole purpose of a MMO is to play SOLO through a story arc there is no need for the MMO part, is there?

No, no, that wasn't what I said at all. I said, it is sad, if all people are looking for in an MMO is to play through a story. Of course the only reason to play a game should be to be entertained. But there are solo games and multiplayer games. And if the sole purpose of a MMO is to play SOLO through a story arc there is no need for the MMO part, is there?

This^^^

I'm a level 50 Operative, and I still play. I intend to continue to play.

Why?

I don't suck. :cool:

Therefore the game is fun as heck.

I love the PvP, I love the story, the world is incredibly immersive, the pve is pretty decent, and I am enjoying the game both solo and with friends/groups.

If you don't like it, leave.

The rest of us will continue to enjoy it.

Why?

I love the PvP, I love the story, the world is incredibly immersive, the pve is pretty decent, and I am enjoying the game both solo and with friends/groups.

Stupid me. It isn't the game that sucks, it's me! Should have known.

Same boat, activated a GC.

Logged on tonight, got bored after 5 minutes, logged off.

This, but sub 2 wz for 5 mins.

Logged in. Won 2 wz. Joined a civil war, 2 monkeys went right, 2 went left and 3 went mid, 7 man team. Result? Mid lost, right lost, left lost. 3 cap instantly? Leave. Log off.

Why?

You sound exactly like the fanboy ***** over at Rift. The problem with that game and this is that people are taking your advice and leaving. In droves.

Bioware knows this, why else would they stop putting any effort into fixing the game?

Because they know its a sinking ship.

A couple of devs and community managers to promise all you fanboys what you want to hear, and while there's one developer fixing meaningless bugs, you all continue to subscribe to a sinking ship.

GG BIOWARE.

Because:

-Other games focus on an iron age past with elves, wizards, and magic--they might as well be Biblical fairy tales--and swtor is on a galactic scale.

%100 same with my idea. I can stand for an Iron Age Fantasy game if it's story is really good like Dragon Age (or a book/TV series like Game Of Thrones) and it can be finished in 2 weeks as a single player, but i can't stand MMORPG's with that setting anymore.

Yes GW2 is also in that category like Rift, no elves just not enough, it's same old thing over and over again. Even Diablo is in that category, i'll play it for 1-2 weeks as a single player game though, that's the maximum time i can stand this type games.

I played these games over 4 years;

- WoW (3,5 years)

- Rift (1 month)

- Warhammer Online (6 months)

- Guild Wars (Can stand it only 2 hours though, really a bad game)

- Everquest 2 (1 month)

- Age Of Conan (1 month)

- Lotro (1 month)

- And some other games not even worth Mentioning.

Hell no, i won't back to these games. I'm happy with Swtor.

If you check last 10 years of The World Of RPG/MMORPG Computer gaming, there are only 4 games are really different from others, when you consider their Lore, Setting and Story.

1- SWTOR - BIOWARE

2- DRAGON AGE - BIOWARE

3- MASS EFFECT - BIOWARE

4- KOTOR - BIOWARE

All other RPG/MMORPG games, same old thing.

And Fallout 3 is not in this list. Because Fallout 2 is better game than Fallout 3 and New Vegas combined.

Edited by Jieljak

%100 same with my idea. I can stand for an Iron Age Fantasy game if it's story is really good like Dragon Age (or a book/TV series like Game Of Thrones) and it can be finished in 2 weeks as a single player, but i can't stand MMORPG's with that setting anymore.

Yes GW2 is also in that category like Rift, no elves just not enough, it's same old thing over and over again. Even Diablo is in that category, i'll play it for 1-2 weeks as a single player game though, that's the maximum time i can stand this type games.

I played these games over 4 years;

- WoW (3,5 years)

- Rift (1 month)

- Warhammer Online (6 months)

- Guild Wars (Can stand it only 2 hours though, really a bad game)

- Everquest 2 (1 month)

- Age Of Conan (1 month)

- Lotro (1 month)

- And some other games not even worth Mentioning.

Hell no, i won't back to these games. I'm happy with Swtor.

If you check last 10 years of The World Of RPG/MMORPG Computer gaming, there are only 4 games are really different from others, when you consider their Lore, Setting and Story.

1- SWTOR - BIOWARE

2- DRAGON AGE - BIOWARE

3- MASS EFFECT - BIOWARE

4- KOTOR - BIOWARE

And Fallout 3 is not in this list. Because Fallout 2 is better game than Fallout 3 and New Vegas combined.

SWTOR is different?

WHAT??

The only thing thats going to be fresh and different is GW2. The rest is the same old garbage.

SWTOR is different?

WHAT??

The only thing thats going to be fresh and different is GW2. The rest is the same old garbage.

You're 100% right but I think he meant lore, story and setting...of course...Star Wars and outer space aren't exactly original either...at least the world of GW2 was completely made up by ArenaNet.

You sound exactly like the fanboy ***** over at Rift. The problem with that game and this is that people are taking your advice and leaving. In droves.

Bioware knows this, why else would they stop putting any effort into fixing the game?

Because they know its a sinking ship.

A couple of devs and community managers to promise all you fanboys what you want to hear, and while there's one developer fixing meaningless bugs, you all continue to subscribe to a sinking ship.

GG BIOWARE.

Rift is/was in a different boat that SWTOR. It was a good game. Nothing revolutionary, but it was fairly polished and had a lot of features. They had a very good and versatile class system that they starting limiting every patch trying to balance things. Plus they made huge swings in class balance leaving the player never knowing what to expect.

SWTOR on the other hand is full of bugs. Not only that, it is lacking major features you would expect in an MMO.

Personally, I read that GW2 article today and my jaw dropped. That game looks like PvP heaven. Hopefully they will deliver.

1- SWTOR - BIOWARE

2- DRAGON AGE - BIOWARE

3- MASS EFFECT - BIOWARE

4- KOTOR - BIOWARE

3 out of 4 games above are SP. And yes, they were all good and i played all of them.

But then again, BW has absolutely no idea how to run an MMO.

Swtor was clearly rushed into release, with bugs through the roof, bad class designs, bad animations, same old point and click gameplay and a really, really bad graphic engine.

After all the hype, i can´t help but think that we would´ve been better off with Battlefront 3.

Rift is/was in a different boat that SWTOR. It was a good game. Nothing revolutionary, but it was fairly polished and had a lot of features. They had a very good and versatile class system that they starting limiting every patch trying to balance things. Plus they made huge swings in class balance leaving the player never knowing what to expect.

SWTOR on the other hand is full of bugs. Not only that, it is lacking major features you would expect in an MMO.

Personally, I read that GW2 article today and my jaw dropped. That game looks like PvP heaven. Hopefully they will deliver.

If you like PvP, you might wanna check Tera Online out. Despite being an asian MMORPG, that is definetely one to watch.