If you are 50 and a PvPer, why are you still here?

darth_knine

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must not be pvping or trying to level w/friends since even that doesn't work well. Maybe PvE operations, ok I buy that as you must have never played WoW or burned yourself out on WoW endgame.

Obvious troll is obvious. If you don't like SWTOR and you like WoW, you know what to do don't you?

What PvP do you do? WZs or Ilum? What is enjoyable?

I occasionally do Ilum, but I don't bother with the Daily of running around clicking on Boxes. The Pubbies on my sever make a decent effort to go to Ilum and we have some World PvP atm, and it will get better as more people get to 50.

But, 98% of the time I play in Warzones. And 85% of my Warzones are Huttball. But overall, I like PvP. The PvP in this game is fun and rewarding if done right and as a team. I enjoy ranking up in Valor and I like the grind for Champion gear... It's no different from the other MMO's I have played in the past and the PvP Imo is better.

Just think of another popular game you might play: CoD. It pretty much a 1st Person Warzone... it takes hours and hours to rank up and gain weapons and it is not fair at all... yet people aren't complaining about it. They just accept that 50s will stomp on them at first and they'll get it in the long run.

My estimation of this post is that you continually lose in Warzones... No one likes to lose, but start getting in General chat on your Fleet and asking people that you think are experienced PvPers to form Pre-mades...

If you don't like to lose, lead your team in order to win. People will follow your lead.

Other then that man, just hold out. It can only get better from this point. Soon we'll have Ilum fixed completely and more Warzones to play in.

I occasionally do Ilum, but I don't bother with the Daily of running around clicking on Boxes. The Pubbies on my sever make a decent effort to go to Ilum and we have some World PvP atm, and it will get better as more people get to 50.

But, 98% of the time I play in Warzones. And 85% of my Warzones are Huttball. But overall, I like PvP. The PvP in this game is fun and rewarding if done right and as a team. I enjoy ranking up in Valor and I like the grind for Champion gear... It's no different from the other MMO's I have played in the past and the PvP Imo is better.

Just think of another popular game you might play: CoD. It pretty much a 1st Person Warzone... it takes hours and hours to rank up and gain weapons and it is not fair at all... yet people aren't complaining about it. They just accept that 50s will stomp on them at first and they'll get it in the long run.

My estimation of this post is that you continually lose in Warzones... No one likes to lose, but start getting in General chat on your Fleet and asking people that you think are experienced PvPers to form Pre-mades...

If you don't like to lose, lead your team in order to win. People will follow your lead.

Other then that man, just hold out. It can only get better from this point. Soon we'll have Ilum fixed completely and more Warzones to play in.

Ok well that makes sense, you enjoy Huttball w/pre-mades and gear progression / grind. I can respect that :)

I also agree besides old games like DaoC there are only failed WoW clones or WoW itself to play but that is changing. Read about GW2 or Secret World, they are different and offering new ideas not the same old WoW.

I don't like WoW but I like SWTOR less, get the facts straight :)

Sooo you don't like either, obviously don't have another MMO to play that you like sooooo, you troll the official forums of SWTOR, probably troll the WoW forums as well.

Constructive use of your precious time there.

Ok well that makes sense, you enjoy Huttball w/pre-mades and gear progression / grind. I can respect that :)

I also agree besides old games like DaoC there are only failed WoW clones or WoW itself to play but that is changing. Read about GW2 or Secret World, they are different and offering new ideas not the same old WoW.

I never use premades... I'm just saying if you're tired of losing over and over again, use them haha.

But coming from SWG, where you had to grind GCW weekly or you would decay in rank and in order to be viable in anything relating to combat you had to find 8 people to run instances with, I don't mind this gear progression that I can do on my own time and with whomever I want.

Edited by Skapek-Skocap

Sooo you don't like either, obviously don't have another MMO to play that you like sooooo, you troll the official forums of SWTOR, probably troll the WoW forums as well.

Constructive use of your precious time there.

Yep no game to play

I don't troll on WoW kuz I stopes caring about that game after WotLK.

I still care about this gam mainly kuz I got another few months till my sub runs out, people that QQ generally care about the game else they wouldn't post or even go to forums.

I hate WZ WoW style PvP, I want world PvP, have you been to Ilum? You really find Huttball fun after 100 times? Voidstar and Alderan are still fun?

If you like mindless, skillless, grind pvp then I guess this game rocks.

I think you mean the zergfest that is world pvp. Have fun with that in just about any game you go to (probably the guy that recruits every random tom dick and harry for that reason anyhow).

I think you mean the zergfest that is world pvp. Have fun with that in just about any game you go to (probably the guy that recruits every random tom dick and harry for that reason anyhow).

WZ are mindless, skilless grinds too.

Edited by CapitaFK

SWG had massive problems. The servers crashed on release day. Armor was worthless on release. Even with all the issues there was no real safe zones and you could raid practicaly anywhere..there were battles in cantinas. It gave users freedom to make their own fun. This game has massive restrictions that severly damage the ability to open world pvp. How many republic players did I see while leveling to 50? about a total of 5...did any of them want to fight? 2... Did I get anything for killing them? No. Did they come back to the same are to try their luck again? No. The game mechanics work against conflicts on worlds which makes for no fun. As a 50 I only go to 2 places the Imperial fleet where I sit in a queue for huttball or Ilum.....why go anywhere else? that makes for one dull game.

I dont disagree with you, and agree with your points, but to say swg was great at launch is BS. Its patches were good up until pub9 and 10 where the main focus was fixing jedi, and throwing a ****** CU together and putting it on the serves without barely testing it.

Have fun w/your single player MMO you pay a subscription for

LOL....yes, yes everyone will leave. I'm willing to pay $15 (or even more) if all the complainers would leave.

Does the game have some issues, absolutely, but good grief people are whiners. It's one thing to provide constructive feedback on the forums, which helps to improve the game, but coming to the forums to just cry and complain (e.g. nerf them because they killed me, pvp sucks because I die, etc...) is just too funny and sad.

I canceled but have a few months left, since I paid 6 month sub :(

What is your excuse?

PvP is not a total piece of crap yet.

Ofc , they put a lot of effort in making it become one with the gear nerf and free champ giving.

Im around till GW2 and D3 comes around , then im free of this "game" hehe.

I enjoy the game understand it's new with bugs and a development team still learning but all in all it's still fun and casual play for the win. That's all I need plenty much tired of the dictators running raids like its my second job no thanks lol. Edited by LordbishopX

I canceled but have a few months left, since I paid 6 month sub :(

What is your excuse?

To mock you mostly.

I'm 50, I PvP almost exclusively at night and I'm here because I'm enjoying the game.

If you don't like it, leave. Why would you give a **edit** what I do or enjoy? Wanna stalk me on facebook too?

Still here because I enjoy killing other players, preferably in world pvp. Granted the options are pretty limited so I have to make up my own games. One of my favorites is to go to Alderaan/Hoth, stand on bridges or mountain passes that Republic have to pass through and force them to answer riddles or die. It's easy to kill someone, but it's much more important to make it a memorable experience.

Sado maso.

I play sith assassin in hutball.

I believe im addicted to frustration.

To all idots saying "you gonna qq next year in next game", not.

PVP is totally imbalanced, and if you meet a premade who exploits those imbalances to the battlemaster level you will just come here and qq.

Cause staying on forums is much more entertaining than having 50 ppl in peak time at fleet.

Edited by Hylfnur