So Why Did We Lose?

Darth_Eclipses

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have better stats in an "objective" based PvP match.

News flash, numbers dont matter if you don't plant the bomb faster then the other team!

This is how it is in EVERY objective based game.

Take Halo capture the flag for instance. You can out slay a team 2 / 1, but if you dont capture the flag and they do, you lose!

If this were a K/D game it would be diffrent. Wait for more BG's

maybe try going for the ball instead of irrelevant duels on the sides stat padding

Lol! ***?!

News flash, numbers dont matter if you don't plant the bomb faster then the other team!

Take Halo capture the flag for instance. You can out slay a team 2 / 1, but if you dont capture the flag and they do, you lose!

Only it's not about the time!

To the Op: Because BioWare said so!

Edited by karcyon

maybe try going for the ball instead of irrelevant duels on the sides stat padding

If you didn't notice, hes was playing void star, not huttball...

I would also like to know how you lost because I have had similar losses like yours

Your on the sith side..... this is Bioware's idea for an "Even game" so don't whine... I bet all but 2 on your team was battlemaster comapred to 1 on the repub. side..... you probably won like 6 others...

My pvp states with my lvl 50 trooper since becoming lvl 50 9 and 39

before 67 and 81

if nobody gets through the first door it goes to the attacking team in the final stage (the defending team in the first stage).

stupid, but what do u expect from the ex WAR pvp team.

Edited by Evuke

Probably because their team was supporting their carrier and working to score? A dps does less damage when he/she is peeling and moving on to the next target. A healer heals less when he is healing the carrier and getting CCed/focused constantly. Everyone dies more when their objective is to keep one person on their team alive and move a ball.

/shrug.

If you want death matches, play WoW or something else along those lines. I personally like objective based pvp.

What the hell is going on here? Who opened the asylum?!

best pvp team in the business™

(I'm going to have to find the actual quote one day instead of just paraphrasing it)

dev meeting

dev 1: so, what's our winning condition for the warzones when the objective score is a draw?

dev 2: derp

and that is the first time in my life I've ever felt the need or desire to type derp.

Edited by Roak

You did not have the better healers -- you had a healer who did well, but they had 4 healers who did well.

Presumably neither side was able to get through a door, in which case I believe the team that starts on Defense is always the winner (apparently BioWare doesn't know how to code draws).

You're a simpleton! Post disregarded!

I know all the big numbers are hard to understand - but maybe you should try looking at the top and seeing that NEITHER of us got past the first door!

In a match like VS, there must be a clear discernible tie breaker if no teams make it past the first door. There is not clear, discernible difference: we had the better stats across the board and yet we lost.

if nobody gets through the first door it goes to the attacking team.

stupid, but what do u expect from the ex WAR pvp team.

Sad thing is, we WERE the attackers, they were the defenders (1st time around).

This PvP is utterly unacceptable and it's the reason I cannot wait for GW2.

It's voidstar...Not huttball.

As to the topic they likely planted the bomb more often than you did.

This doesn't explain it though: We had FAR more objective points than they did! Almost double!

You did not have the better healers -- you had a healer who did well, but they had 4 healers who did well.

Presumably neither side was able to get through a door, in which case I believe the team that starts on Defense is always the winner (apparently BioWare doesn't know how to code draws).

They had *more* healers, they were *not* the better healers.

With only 2 healers we had LESS deaths than they did - while they had double the healers and probably triple our heals.

We were the better team hands down and yet still we lost.

You think you have it bad?

We started Voidstar with 7 on 11, we had the 7. We where on D and held them off, meaning no bombs where placed. The game then starts to time out due to "not enough players", umm looking around we still have 7, they still have more then 8 and after it times out we where handed a loss. Again we had been playing for some time already before the time-out warning.

Voidstar is a toss up in the event of a supposed "tie", every example here of where a tie leads to, I have seen the opposite happen. The above was the oddest thing though, exploit or bug I couldn't even begin to guess.

Edited by Panzerbase

They had *more* healers, they were *not* the better healers.

With only 2 healers we had LESS deaths than they did - while they had double the healers and probably triple our heals.

We were the better team hands down and yet still we lost.

It's not really possible to say who had the better healers because when there are 4 healers they likely had move overhealing and it can take a little longer to make decisions about who to heal with the other healer's healing so much.

But either way, it doesn't matter really who has the better team in a WZ, it matters which team is more successful at meeting the victory conditions. In your game you had the better team but still weren't able to get through a door, and so you lost.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5822/screenshot2012020619051.jpg

We had the better healers.

We had the better dps'ers.

We had the better tanks.

We had more medals.

We had more objective points.

We had less deaths.

AND WE STILL LOST!!!!

THIS IS WHY YOUR PVP IS FAIL!!!!

So basically you were going for medals and not for the objectives, sucked in you failed. If you guys were that good you should have been co-ordinating in locking out the defense and planting bombs instead of pew pewing.

Serves you right imo, and why you fail at PVP not that the PVP game failed.

EDIT: For tie breaking situations I reckon that because you DID have the higher numbers in all those stats overall mean that you FAILED to at least cap once. Definitely that the opposition should have won.

Edited by Zhaker

It's not really possible to say who had the better healers because when there are 4 healers they likely had move overhealing and it can take a little longer to make decisions about who to heal with the other healer's healing so much.

But either way, it doesn't matter really who has the better team in a WZ, it matters which team is more successful at meeting the victory conditions. In your game you had the better team but still weren't able to get through a door, and so you lost.

And neither were they - so why did they win?

Yes, we had the better team - but with 4 healers it is extremely difficult to burn them all down long enough to keep them behind the barrier to plant the bomb.

I expect in a tie situation in VS that the team:

With more kills

With less deaths

With more objective points

With more medals

to come out the victor, NOT the team that didn't do even half as good - even if they were able to stop bomb plans: because guess what - so were we.