Flavor of The Week: Lethality Snipers

MonsAlpha

Lolwut? So wait, you're telling me that all I need to do is throw corrosive grenade, fire a weakening blast, then just cull and laugh? Give me a week and let me get my sniper up to 50!

Seriously though, am I the only one who thinks this is kind of ridiculous? The DoTs alone do 500 damage per tick and last 21 seconds if uncleansed! That's more than half your health.

Lolwut? So wait, you're telling me that all I need to do is throw corrosive grenade, fire a weakening blast, then just cull and laugh? Give me a week and let me get my sniper up to 50!

Seriously though, am I the only one who thinks this is kind of ridiculous? The DoTs alone do 500 damage per tick and last 21 seconds if uncleansed! That's more than half your health.

Have you tried dispelling the poison? Hard counters that spec.

Also, snipers are probably the worst pvp class right now... don't bother with this thread.

Have you tried dispelling the poison? Hard counters that spec.

Also, snipers are probably the worst pvp class right now... don't bother with this thread.

Yep, let me use my cleanse on my shadow, that makes sense. Sage cleanses only clear negative mental or force, poison is tech. And snipers are probably the best pvp class, you clearly haven't played one.

So you have a health pool of 7000 or something?

Well, if DoTs do 500 to him then he most likely have yet to pick AC.

Yep, let me use my cleanse on my shadow, that makes sense. Sage cleanses only clear negative mental or force, poison is tech. And snipers are probably the best pvp class, you clearly haven't played one.

Resilience says hi. And last time I've check, you've got plenty of tracer missile turrets completely negating the spec, for the spec sake they are all too stupid to press the button negating about 95% of specs DPS.

Edited by Lerdoc

Well, if DoTs do 500 to him then he most likely have yet to pick AC.

Resilience says hi. And last time I've check, you've got plenty of tracer missile turrets completely negating the spec.

2 level 50's so that's a false assessment. Resilience is 3 seconds. Tracers are still annoying sure, I'm simply attempting to start a discussion on lethality snipers. How could I have been so stupid as to assume people on forums like to discuss other than berate?

2 level 50's so that's a false assessment. Resilience is 3 seconds. Tracers are still annoying sure, I'm simply attempting to start a discussion on lethality snipers. How could I have been so stupid as to assume people on forums like to discuss other than berate?

He means the TRACERMISSLETRACERMISSLETRACERMISSLETRACERMISSLE people have the ability to cleanse Tech debuffs.

So, playerbase problem, not Sniper problem. If 1/10th of the Tracer spammers played their class even remotely well, Lethality would be a joke. Everything would get cleansed.

Yet you still haven't found the ability that removes dots on your shadow?

Lasts 3 seconds, as I've stated. All they have to do is throw another one on you and you're back at square one. Resilience is on a 1 minute CD, I can't spam it as a cleanse. If It were on a 5 second CD then sure, I'd spam that **** like crazy.

Im giving Lethality a go (switched from Marskman) and ..

against someone with a brain, it's a dead spec.

The DoTs dont tick for 500... they tick for about 280, and maybe CRIT for 500.

If you're soloqueueing with bads, yeah, a L. Sniper will melt you

if you have a single healer on your team..

yeah, neutered. Long cooldowns on C. Grenade, Weakening Blast, and Cull make it a one trick pony.

I post more damage on my L. Sniper build than as MM, almost without fail.. but that damage is just useless disease spreading. I may only do 300k as Marskman, but thats 300k of damage that mattered, not 450k of damage that healed through without pause or problem.

Lasts 3 seconds, as I've stated. All they have to do is throw another one on you and you're back at square one. Resilience is on a 1 minute CD, I can't spam it as a cleanse. If It were on a 5 second CD then sure, I'd spam that **** like crazy.

You do know that one dot costs 20 energy? That is 1/5th of our energy bar. Did you also know that the higher our energy is the faster the regeneration is? We have to keep the bar over 75% otherwise in few seconds we can't do anything else than the basic attack. Did you even know that the dot from the talent tree and the one that gives 30% more damage to dot abilities have cooldowns? I doubt you knew because you seem to be horrible at playing.

Edited by Bosseking

You're failing to state how energy intensive a lethality sniper is. I've 1 vs 1'd several lethality snipers with my marksman. I still kill them because they lack as much burst. They do better against tank classes to be sure, but that's about it.

They're similar to madness sorcs in that they can pillar hump and dot a few foes (depending on energy level and if foes are clustered for the poison grenade). Weakening blast is good as it is another instant attack. They can rack up a lot of damage in a warzone just by spamming dots (as energy allows).

I've tried this spec but returned to marksman. I do fine enough against anyone 1 vs 1 but struggle against tanks (powertechs more so than juggs and really haven't run across many assassin tanks on my server).

Edit : Would like to add I've seen several lethality snipers stay out of cover when channeling cull and thus getting interrupted or spell pushed back. That's always entertaining to see. I would blame this more on people reading how "awesome" one spec is and how it's not cover dependant, etc. and forgetting the benefits of cover for at least a few abilities. Cull is pretty expensive, too. 40 energy or something? Can't remember.

Edited by Mythicrose

You do know that one dot costs 20 energy? That is 1/5th of our energy bar. Did you also know that the higher our energy is the faster the regeneration is? We have to keep the bar over 75% otherwise in few seconds we can't do anything else than the basic attack. Did you even know that the dot from the talent tree and the one that gives 30% more damage to dot abilities have cooldowns? I doubt you knew because you seem to be horrible at playing.

Why do you people have to be so *********** mean? I'm just trying to have a discussion which is apparently impossible.

So what you're saying is 80% of the WZ population consisting of Bright Wizards and Grav Round/Tracer Missile spammers aren't cleansing their teammates? Are they even cleansing themselves? Do they even know they have the skill? Hmz..

Why would I cleanse myself when I can LoS and try to heal myself and get the 2.5k heal medal :p

Why do you people have to be so *********** mean? I'm just trying to have a discussion which is apparently impossible.

Because people like you are the cancer of the community and these forums. People who don't know how to play at all yet come to whine in forums how every other class is overpowered.

Because people like you are the cancer of the community and these forums. People who don't know how to play at all yet come to whine in forums how every other class is overpowered.

I'm not whining, I never said it was overpowered, I'm not asking for it to be removed, I'm simply asking the opinions of others. Sorry for doing so, go back under your bridge.

I'm not whining, I never said it was overpowered, I'm not asking for it to be removed, I'm simply asking the opinions of others. Sorry for doing so, go back under your bridge.

From your original post :

You weren't exactly asking for opinions here. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I was so hard on you. Let me make it up and give you a few hints for the future to prevent this kind of hostile reception in the forums :

1. Don't start your post with a "lolwut?"

2. Don't ask whether using three skills and laughing is the only thing you need to do. It obviously is not.

3. When you make the first thread about a certain issue in the entire forum and ask "am I the only one thinking this way", yes, you probably are.

4. Don't state that one class is the best pvp class just because a certain class with certain spec has killed you. It's what a child whose brains are still developing would think. Something that happens to you doesn't necessarily happen to everyone else OR everything else. There are 8 different classes in the game you know.

But for the original question, no, it is not ridicilous and the spec isn't op (as you hinted in the op and few posts later said out loud) mostly because it isn't the class and the spec that is op, it is because the way you play your shadow is making that class underpowered. Nothing bioware can do about that, BUT you can. Instead of crying in the forums, spend a little time trying to get better in the game. Optional, of course.

I'll give you one more tip for the road. You said, and I quote you now, that "snipers are probably the best pvp class, you clearly haven't played one." As your first post states, you don't have one at lvl 50. Saying something like that makes you sound painfully stupid so don't do it! Also sure, you didn't say the spec was op you just said the class is the best in the game. A huge difference and I apologize twisting your words!

I wish you good luck in your adventures and I hope you learned something today!

Edited by Bosseking

You started the thread saying lolwut, lethality snipers are so easy and are an auto-win class. I don't know how you think that is "just trying to start a conversation thread"

They aren't. It isn''t even the best sniper PvP spec. It's just the easiest one to play and figure out.

Edited by ihateyouall