Strongest 1v1 classes in pvp

dreadkhan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your vote for the strongest 1v1 pvp classes?

Sorc

Operative

Jugg

None of the above.

1 Marauder (DoT /w lolselfhalinglol).

1.5 PT Tank-DPS Hybrid.

2 Hybrid Sin (Tank'n'DoT).

3 Hybrid Op (DoT'n'Heal).

Edited by Hethroin

I may be unfamiliar, what escape tools do Juggs have?

Juggs don't have escape, rather strong CC and mitigation. My jugg is Immortal/rage hybrid, as high as backhand/no channel grip and as high as 25% dmg increase per tick on smash + 50% chance for charge to cause smash to crit.

Juggs can survive an incredibly long time given that they have a 40% damage mitigater, Saber ward, Endure Pain, and a buttload of CC time, with an aoe slow to boot. The Pyrotech just can't seem to keep the same mix of survivability and DPS at the same time.

Marauders/Sentinels. I've only ever lost a strict 1v1 to a Hybrid Assassin. Beaten everything else.

If you're on PoT5, I'm Pretty sure that was me. :)

I pretty much have to have all 3min CDs (stims, heal pack, everything) up to even consider the fight, and then I have to time them just right.

I used to think my shadow was tops 1v1 til the other day...got just plain took apart by a marauder repeatedly. The only thing that ever gave me any trouble at all was my mirror class.

There are some marauders/sents out there who know how to play their class, and when they do know how to play it I think they get it hands down.

All the other (bad) mara/sent? Not so much...usually eat them for breakfast.

Marauders are certainly strong but I got the feefling people consider a fight where you got down to 20% and the Marauder vanished at 10%, and then someone shoot 2 Tracer Missiles at you while the Marauder vanished as a victory for the Marauder. I mean sure, the Marauder probably always outlasts another person in 1 on 1 because there really isn't a true 1 on 1 in most WZs, so vanish + undying rage ensures whoever you fight dies first when your ally sees an enemy at near death, but you're usually going to die 5 seconds later too.

its sents/mara....

i play a sent, im not gonna lose to anyone 1v1....like someone above said the only ones who even get close are hybrid assasins who know how to play

1v1 comes down to cooldowns, and i got more than you

but catch a sent/mara without the cooldowns and its a diffrent story