For every I quit post here how many quit in game?

Reevax

I read a study some collage kid did once and I wish I could find the link

...but basically he figured out that for every I quit post on the WoW forums after Cata, 100ish people actually quit in game.

This was based on a hand forum count over a month and compared to the drop in subs reprted by Blizzard

I think this is really worth looking into for SWTOR as well, it could give Bio a pretty accurate picture of what they are doing right or wrong.

...but basically he figured out that for every I quit post on the WoW forums after Cata, 100ish people actually quit in game.

This was based on a hand forum count over a month and compared to the drop in subs reprted by Blizzard

I think this is really worth looking into for SWTOR as well, it could give Bio a pretty accurate picture of what they are doing right or wrong.

handcounts aren't good statistics.

Also, most of the people quitting come to vent some frustration to the forums, so that 1:100 ratio, while is good for people playing who never have seen the forums, is no so good for people quitting.

I fail to see the purpose of this thread. If people want to leave then they leave, nobody is married to this or any other game.

You clearly don't see the point

The point is people who on here saying they quit represent a much larger number them just themselves.

And Blizz did lose over a million subs and thats easy to verify.

Bio needs to pay attention to the I quit posts and why they are saying it.

The point is people who on here saying they quit represent a much larger number them just themselves.

It's impossible to do such a thing, you can't please everyone and there's always reasons for someone to leave. Your logic cannot be proven by numbers and even if it did apply to WoW it doesn't mean it can be applied to this game as well.

Edited by Drungus

I have a hunch that Bioware knows exactly who is subbed or who has cancelled their sub to their game. Also, just because we do not hear from them every day saying "hey this is what we are doing to address people's concerns", does not mean they are not doing something. We simply do not know, until they tell us.

This is a called a churn. Every company has it and to meet their numbers they probably have an allowable percentage, which goes towards, personal choices and non saveable subs. Some people will just hate and cancel because they can.

with the newest statistics it appears more new players are subscribing than they are losing subs.

http://www.swtor.com/news/press-release/20120201

1.7 million active subs.

unlike other games.

check this article out

http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/dubious-practices-in-mmo-marketing-how-numbers-can-be-misleading/#8fe17

being that wow is now down to 10 million subs, in reality 5 million are actually paying to play. the other 50 percents subs makes up only 6 percent of wows total revenue. basically over half of the wow audiences subs actually keep the game alive.

now factor in 1.7 million people are actually paying for ToR. ToR is getting close to the halfway mark of blizzards actual paying audience.

and blizzard is still bleeding subs, like rats leaving a sinking panda. errr ship.

You want the truth , trolls and haters going to be shocked !!

There are more people coming into this game , then there are people quiting .

And those people quiting doesn´t matter , cause the new people have no concept of MMO .

But find the game fun , thus they play !

Woot is that a suprise , but sadly if by the time they hit 40 , and bioware still hasn´t balanced the level of challenge to the new group .

Then they just leave ... nothing to do with forum trolls , blizzarddrones , gw2 idiots.

They don´t care about all that , they are simple , I pay to play and have fun .

No fun no pay ... so in a way bioware did succeed in drawing the new group .

The question is can they keep them !

They said they sold 2 million copies and that now they have 1.7 mil in active subscriptions. So we have lost 300k so far...

No, they said that they sold 2 milion copies and had 1.7 milion active subscriptions by 31-th of December 2011.

Active Subscription - when you put in your card number to activate the game but are not even charged since the 30 free game days did not end or when you had entered the prepaid game time card number.

Basicly everyone who had started their free time had been counted as an active subscriber.

No, they said that they sold 2 milion copies and had 1.7 milion active subscriptions by 31-th of December 2011.

Active Subscription - when you put in your card number to activate the game but are not even charged since the 30 free game days did not end or when you had entered the prepaid game time card number.

Basicly everyone who had started their free time had been counted as an active subscriber.

No.. They said they sold 2 million units by 31st dec 2011 and currently have 1.7 million active subscriiptions the majority of which have paid their sub fee

Edited by corbanite

There's be what? About 300 rage quit posts?

Over 300,000 have quit this game, so we can (laughably) assume that each one of those "I quit" posts was a player elected to represent at least 1000 other players.

(This is why we use science for statistics and not half arsed counts by the way, those two numbers are wholly unrelated.)

Take a basic statistics course and then you will see everything wrong in what you posted and why that information is meaningless.

This has been proven wrong 1000s of times. The subs were as of the date of the earnings call.

They do a leaving questionnaire when you cancel your sub. I'm not sure if everyone gets one. You get to fill in your reasons for cancelling when you stop your subscription. I got a questionnaire as well but my husband didn't.

So they are getting feedback as to why those who are going are going.

They said they sold 2 million copies and that now they have 1.7 mil in active subscriptions. So we have lost 300k so far...

That was at the end of EA's fiscal quarter. We have not been told the subscription numbers at the end of the free month wave.

All those numbers mean is that 300,000 people instantly canceled after starting their account for the first month (to avoid credit charges presumably). We have no idea how many of them resubbed once their free time ended.

That was at the end of EA's fiscal quarter. We have not been told the subscription numbers at the end of the free month wave.

All those numbers mean is that 300,000 people instantly canceled after starting their account for the first month (to avoid credit charges presumably). We have no idea how many of them resubbed once their free time ended.

100% wrong. The sub numbers were as of the earnings call last week, not 12/31.