Fresh 50's vs geared players

StrikingInsanity

Actually it's the wow kiddies who think that they should hit top level and within 2 days later have all purple gear that is one grade lower than the very best you can get.

Because that is how WoW works. And maybe that's where you belong.

Well I've been told otherwise. Never played WoW, just been told about it repeatedly.

I'm saying the gear based game model is crap. That's why I still play GW and will go to GW2 it's you who belongs in WoW if you prefer gear to skill... Or so I am told.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just dinged 50 a few hours ago. I zone into a warzone, I notice everyone has 60% more health than me.

Really? 60% more health? How exactly am I expected to play the game? This isn't even accounting for the 12% more dmg they do than me, 12% more healing they do(if a healing class) and 12% less dmg they take from my attacks.

Just..wow..60%?

If everyone has 60% more health than you then you must be wearing very low level gear. I mean, 15-18k is where most DPS sit so that would put you at 10k which means you're wearing Level 40 gear maybe? Although I'd be inclined to think you must be in even worse gear than that. Wear blue level 50 gear and you'll be at a much smaller disadvantage.

Or out of the 25 bags they get 4 mainhands, 3 helmets, 12 pairs of paints, and 6 implants. Go random bag system.

I think I am the only person to hit battlemaster and not get the mainhand. I pvped from valor 24 to 60 without a mainhand/boots/1 relic. Got everything fast then grinded 80+ bags with no additional gear.. mostly centurion coins, only a few dupes.

I am the only gamer to ever buy the Centurion Lightsaber.. it is red, not purple. ugh.

Well I've been told otherwise. Never played WoW, just been told about it repeatedly.

I'm saying the gear based game model is crap. That's why I still play GW and will go to GW2 it's you who belongs in WoW if you prefer gear to skill... Or so I am told.

WoW is nothing a but a gear grind, as is this game. That seems to be what the majority of player's want, in both PVE and PVP. They don't even do the game "activity" for fun, it's just a mean to get gear. Just fail their way to gear with a purple label and feel like they accomplished something.

I will completely agree that PVP becoming gear based over skill based is disappointing, but such is the MMO model. It all revolves around getting gear.

Honestly though, in regards to the OP complaining about 60% more health for a geared player, that seems pretty standard to me. If I hit 50 in a mix of blues and greens and have 10k health (yes I'm just making up easy numbers) I fully expect to see a geared person with 16k health. That is reasonable to me by MMO standards. Again to use WoW as an example, it's much worse. A mix of blues/greens versus top level epics in WoW is easily double the hit points. And someone else used the example of only hitting 7 buttons to kill a fresh 50. Again in WoW, a fresh 85 in crap gear can get killed by 3 shots from a mage, no problem. It's just that in WoW it's not that big of a deal, because they hand out purples like candy on Halloween in that game, so the fresh 85 with greens is nearly non-existent.

Edited by lueckjathom

I think I am the only person to hit battlemaster and not get the mainhand. I pvped from valor 24 to 60 without a mainhand/boots/1 relic. Got everything fast then grinded 80+ bags with no additional gear.. mostly centurion coins, only a few dupes.

I am the only gamer to ever buy the Centurion Lightsaber.. it is red, not purple. ugh.

I feel ya mate. Rank 56, never ever saw the chest and gloves - which is OK, people jump on me with that "hum.. fresh 50" look in their eyes and they get a really bad surprise. Not as bad as your situation, but you are not alone :)

I don't even bother trying anymore. If it drops out of a quest bag, fine, cause the commendations are going to consumables and the mounts. If it doesnt, fine too. As long as the bad luck streak doesnt jump to BM bags.

Edited by Soulaufein

Just dinged 50 a few hours ago. I zone into a warzone, I notice everyone has 60% more health than me.

Really? 60% more health? How exactly am I expected to play the game? This isn't even accounting for the 12% more dmg they do than me, 12% more healing they do(if a healing class) and 12% less dmg they take from my attacks.

Just..wow..60%?

I feel your pain, a lot of people do. The geared out players are literally **** blocking the fresh 50's, from gearing up in pvp armor... As for the balance here's a thought to chew on, yesterday i lost every single WZ reason being was not lack of skill, more like 2 people from the opposing team/faction were so over geared in comparison to my whole team. That 2 people's DMG was = to the DMG out put of my entire 8 man team... As well gear OP's in PvP so much that in hutt ball a Jugger in full armor can walk from the middle of the field to the goal line with 4 people pounding him and score with out getting a single heal, or dropping below 30% hp.

I feel your pain, a lot of people do. The geared out players are literally **** blocking the fresh 50's, from gearing up in pvp armor...

Please explain how the are "blocking" you.

Tell me.

Btw, if you did not manage to root or stun a jug on the three fire pits he has to pass to score a goal, then this IS actually a skill issue.

Edited by zqsd

Please explain how the are "blocking" you.

Tell me.

Best example, fresh 50 runs out of spawn zone, engages a OP geared player, sent back to re spawn point in 4 hits. Wait 20 seconds, engages another player in OP PvP armor, is sent in re spawn point in 5 hits. Wait 10 sec, run from re spawn area get stun locked and killed on the Huttball goal line... back to re spawn

End of mach fresh 50 has 1 commendation if lucky do to spending more time in re spawn area then in the WZ, the reward is a whooping 20 commendations in 30min. You need 800 commendations for 1 PvP do the math. While on the wining side is closer to 90 commendations for winners.

They already said they were adding easy to obtain expertise for fresh 50s so they are not paper. Stop beating this dead horse.

Seriously though all you need is like 100 expertise to not fall over dead and you can get that by pulling mods out of lvl 40 weapons and slotting orange gear.

Edited by gryhmr

Ya pretty much..

Just tell the WoW Kiddies that you can hear and talk to PVP and PVP says its wants skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP_WhG4fe-w&feature=related

We knew this was going to happen, and warned BW over and over..

What most people don't know is there used to be 'entry level' 50 pvp gear available with Warzone Commendations! For some unknown reason this gear was removed, which created the gear imbalance you are seeing now between fresh 50's and veterans.

I actually somewhat quit SWTOR and went back to Rift until the address some of these issues in SWTOR. I won't get a 50 in SWTOR until it's addressed, so I just login to do the daily stuff, run a few pre-50 warzones, then log off. I'm scared to even attempt to compete at 50 with the way things are.

Simple fix - add back in entry level 50's pvp gear purchased with warzone coms that has some expertise on it, and reasonably good stats.

Best example, fresh 50 runs out of spawn zone, engages a OP geared player, sent back to re spawn point in 4 hits. Wait 20 seconds, engages another player in OP PvP armor, is sent in re spawn point in 5 hits. Wait 10 sec, run from re spawn area get stun locked and killed on the Huttball goal line... back to re spawn

End of mach fresh 50 has 1 commendation if lucky do to spending more time in re spawn area then in the WZ, the reward is a whooping 20 commendations in 30min. You need 800 commendations for 1 PvP do the math. While on the wining side is closer to 90 commendations for winners.

Since T2 bags are acquired mainly by daily quests (please don't tell me you are a heavy farmer if you are only beginning pvp now) and T3 bags are exclusively acquired by daily quests, therefore the way you get bags has nothing to do with medals; how could other 50s block you from gaining them?

You even probably win your three warzones each day because of them so, no, they are not blocking you, they are power leveling you actually.

Edited by zqsd

This is an MMO (captain obvious) You cant expect to be on par with everyone elses gear all the time. There will always be better geared people than you just down to RNG and such, Just get your head down, do your best and eventually You will be somewhat on par with others

Ya pretty much..

Just tell the WoW Kiddies that you can hear and talk to PVP and PVP says its wants skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP_WhG4fe-w&feature=related

If pvp was not about gearing up what would keep me playing? Playing the same warzones over and over without a goal ... really?

Talking about skill when the game is balanced like swtor - aka not at all.

Seriously though all you need is like 100 expertise to not fall over dead and you can get that by pulling mods out of lvl 40 weapons and slotting orange gear.

100 Exp. are you joking or being sarcastic or ignorant? My sorc has nearly 200 Exp. and i channel my lightning for 700 crits, while on the revers i eat that same attack for 1100 normal from another sorc. Another good example is on Saturday during a Huttball match a heals and dps camped the end zone, killing every one as then re spawned...

100 Exp. are you joking or being sarcastic or ignorant? My sorc has nearly 200 Exp. and i channel my lightning for 700 crits, while on the revers i eat that same attack for 1100 normal from another sorc. Another good example is on Saturday during a Huttball match a heals and dps camped the end zone, killing every one as then re spawned...

it doesn't make you win. it makes you able to contribute. it does not take that long to get pvp gear, it will be even shorter once consistent amounts of comms are rewarded with bags soon.

you mean people who used teamwork IE damage and heals beat people in pvp? the shame! the horror!

The real reason people are kinda pissed about the gear grind in this game is the fact it isn't a gear grind at all, it's Vegas. Because of the bag system even a good player with good understanding of skills and tactics can go a significant amount of time before he can compete on even ground.

It's these players, the decent ones that are barely able to close the gear gap with tactics (not skill mind you) that are the getting pissed. Nothing like finally winning your 3 warzone daily only to get 3 cent tokens to add to your 100, while your in almost full cent gear with 2 champ pieces...

In all seriousness atm it's far, far faster (and funner) to gear up by leveling to valor 48 before turning 50 then afking in Ilum till battlemaster. Do that for a week and you will be trying out BM gear in no time. 1.1.2 can't come fast enough, sure in theory your rewards could be slower then now, but it's a guaranteed reward. I do't mind earning my rewards, I hate gambling for them.

Just..wow..60%?

Please let this post die for god sakes its just another noob QQ about not being on par with the people who have spent more time on the game.....

The real reason people are kinda pissed about the gear grind in this game is the fact it isn't a gear grind at all, it's Vegas. Because of the bag system even a good player with good understanding of skills and tactics can go a significant amount of time before he can compete on even ground.

It's these players, the decent ones that are barely able to close the gear gap with tactics (not skill mind you) that are the getting pissed. Nothing like finally winning your 3 warzone daily only to get 3 cent tokens to add to your 100, while your in almost full cent gear with 2 champ pieces...

In all seriousness atm it's far, far faster (and funner) to gear up by leveling to valor 48 before turning 50 then afking in Ilum till battlemaster. Do that for a week and you will be trying out BM gear in no time. 1.1.2 can't come fast enough, sure in theory your rewards could be slower then now, but it's a guaranteed reward. I do't mind earning my rewards, I hate gambling for them.

the gambling aspect is being changed. so there really isnt a reason to cry anymore... not that it will stop anyone.

you mean people who used teamwork IE damage and heals beat people in pvp? the shame! the horror!

If you can't see a problem with 2 people being able to literally kill 8 people jumping on them at the same time, or that 1 person can kill 4 people before they get him down 50%... am done here feel free to thank the people face rolling you like a cattle to the slaughter..