What do you do in Real Life SWTOR player? And what class did you pick?

JohnExponent

What do I do?

- Fix small electronics - mostly smartphones, iPods, iPads, etc. Yes we have a store front. No I do not work out of a garage or car ;)

- I also do IT work at an engineering firm

- I also do Graphic Design when I have free time (what I actually graduated college with haha)

- I also entertain my wife from time to time ;)

What class did I pick?

- Sith Inquisitor

Why did I pick it?

- Started playing to join a co-worker who was already Imperial side. I prefer to heal in MMO games and the fact I can shoot lightning bolts out of my finger tips is pretty sweet.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do I do?

-I work at a hydroponic gardening supply store, and do some gardening of my own.

What class did I pick?

-Trooper/Vanguard

Why did I pick it?

-Because I wanted heavy armor and an assault rifle.

observation: seems like a lot of military folks play MMO's

What do I do?

-I'm a project manager for a game studio.

What class did I pick?

-Main: Female Lightside Imperial Agent Engineering Sniper.

-Alt: Male Dark Sith Annihilation Marauder.

Why did I pick it?

-Because I enjoy hide behind cover and snipe people to death! And IA has A** kicking class quests.

(I have to say I really start to enjoy Marauder a lot... Melee is normally not my thing, but Marauder is fun)

What do I do?

-I work at a hydroponic gardening supply store, and do some gardening of my own.

What class did I pick?

-Trooper/Vanguard

Why did I pick it?

-Because I wanted heavy armor and an assault rifle.

observation: seems like a lot of military folks play MMO's

Yeah, I've observed that too.:D

Who am I?

I'm a freight train conductor. (No passengers, no tickets, no orchestras - yes, I've been asked that - just big, heavy trains through the mountains.)

What class did I pick?

Lightsided Jedi Shadow dps.

Why did I pick it?

Because stabbing mooks in the back with a double-bladed green lightsaber is freaking awesome!

• 4 months later...

Quality Assurance Lead Tester.

I kinda test games and stuff.

I chose to play a Sith Juggernaut as my first char which is kind of weird since my first character in all previous games was always a mage/sorcerer-type caster followed by a healer.

There's really only one thing that managed to trump my addiction for the caster class, and that's my addiction to blue quirky/agitated/talking back twi'leks. Yes... Vette made me do it.

I work for the Bureau of Motor Vehicles here in PA. It's not glamorous work but it's better than being unemployed.

I originally rolled a juggernaut when the game launched (he's still on my old server because I wanted to make an all-Chiss legacy) because I fell in love with the AC when I tried it in beta. I originally was going to roll a Sniper because I normally prefer to play ranged characters. Yet, I love my current Operative.

I'm a former museum curator, and currently a part~time bookseller & mom.

I'm playing all eight classes with plans for a full sixteen. My main is a juggernaut.

Why? I'm a collector at heart and I want to enjoy all of the stories. And what retail clerk would't enjoy force push?

Who am I?

- High school student

What class did I pick?

- Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent (also have a Jedi Knight but haven't played in ages now)

Why?

- I like ranged dps the most. I guess I picked BH first because of the Mandalorian style armour but later realized IA (sniper) is closer to the play style I enjoy. :)

Who am I?

Security Employee at a Facility management Company In germany, (beyond that, I'm currenctly forced to stay at home, hence the massive free time for TOR)

Class?

Sith Assassin.

Why?

Well what's even more awesome then a lightsaber? two lightsaber.

And I'm the thing that keeps the awesome together.

Class?

Sith Assassin.

Why?

Well what's even more awesome then a lightsaber? two lightsaber.

And I'm the thing that keeps the awesome together.

I LOL'd at this for a minute. So much appreciation there.

IRL: I write books, and do freelance web design.

In Game: I plan on playing every single class at least once

Why?: Because star wars is awesome and bouncing back and forth between some good force choking and a little Pew-pew-pew is what it's all about.

Who am I?

I graduated college and worked as a Funeral Director for a few years...then stopped for my family, and now I take care of them, and pretend I'm a writer, lol.

What class did I pick?

Started with female Sith Warrior Jugg, sith race, also have a male SW Marauder, and a female Sorceror. I plan to play them all, except maybe trooper, it doesn't hold much fascination for me. :p

Why?

I always thought they were really cool looking, and I've always had a penchant for evil characters.

Part Time student learning animation and who happens to be the tech guy in the business a group me and some friends have, not the genius but at least I have google lol were just a group that does a bit of video editing lol fun stuff but now.. Ehh not sure what we do nowadays :-/

I play an arsenal merc because being a one man army blowing things up and killing people for money is fun. Also because I thought it be cool to be a bounty hunter :D sadly I now have every class, couldn't make up my mind on which ones I really wanted but also for the legacy powers heheh :D helps when I have time at least •~•

Hopefully they'll add more character slots, then I can *cough* so *cough* ehm uh, ;) have more to do heheh

I write pricing systems for a global financial data providing company.

I picked all the classes but haven't really started with Agent, Smuggler and Inquisitor yet. Missing that crit buff, gah!

Edited by AelixVII

Who am I?

Project manager and lacrosse coach.

What class did I pick?

I chose to play with a female human Smuggler Gunslinger and a male zabrak Sith Assassin.

Why?

I like the idea of playing a smuggler becasue you can be righteous and greedy whenever you want. I chose the Sith Assassin becasue I like the stealh power, along with the dual bladed light saber... not to mention they look bad***!