No sprint or leap while carrying ball in Hutball...

Nitewish

So by all of your guys' logic stealthers should be able to carry the ball in stealth right? Scoundrels are gimped from the start in huttball and have absolutely nothing that can really contribute to a huttball match which is dominated by leaps, powerful defensive CDs, sprints and knockbacks.

Now I'm not saying remove sprint and leap, but classes like the scoundrel need to get something added to them for the sole purpose of huttball. Sitting in the endzone stealthed is rarely helpful to your team unless your team is face stomping them by being able to run the ball to the pit continously

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So by all of your guys' logic stealthers should be able to carry the ball in stealth right? Scoundrels are gimped from the start in huttball and have absolutely nothing that can really contribute to a huttball match which is dominated by leaps, powerful defensive CDs, sprints and knockbacks.

Now I'm not saying remove sprint and leap, but classes like the scoundrel need to get something added to them for the sole purpose of huttball. Sitting in the endzone stealthed is rarely helpful to your team unless your team is face stomping them by being able to run the ball to the pit continously

Are you kidding me? I play Huttball on my Sin, and I am a great asset to the team when I go and stealth on the top walkway. All the ball carrier has to do is walk up the ramp, go up to the firepit, pass it to me and next thing we known I've scored.

Stealthers can contribute ALOT to a team if played correctly.

Edited by Chlomamf

Sitting in the endzone stealthed is rarely helpful to your team unless your team is face stomping them by being able to run the ball to the pit continously

Being stealthed in the endzone is helpful to the team if you have a Jumper ready to jump to you, or anyone who knows how to pass to you (remember to unstealth). See it is a TEAM BASED OBJECTIVE IN A TEAM BASED GAME

Now if you're sitting there stealthed for the entire match, even when your team doesn't have the ball, then yeah you are going to feel pretty worthless because you are

Edited by Arlanon

I think being the best pure pvp healer in the game make you incredibly helpful in huttball. You aren't as mobile as other classes, but anyone who doesn't think securing mid is important is out of their mid. Also you have a aoe cc for securing mid when the ball is about to spawn... also they cant stop what they cant see, so use stealth to get in position for a pass, use dodge over fire pits to avoid leap roots. There are a lot of tools a scrapper can use in huttball that are helpful, you just have to play smarter. Good players are good at huttball, no matter what class they are playing.

"Pass the ball, throw the ball. Get the ball over the opposing teams line any way that you can, and your team scores a point. Weapons, name calling, and cheating (this part is mainly for Gingers), are all encouraged!"

-Baron Deathmark, nuff said

Wooo! Thread necro!

Funny thing, this is still an issue. The other thing that really bugs me about huttball are that Assassin's and Powertech's pulls that essentially mean free kills with the right timing.

Personally, I think the best solution is just to disable all player skills while holding the hutball. All they can do is move and pass. It would get rid of a lot of class balance issues in regards to ball carriers, and require a much greater focus on teamwork.

Huttball is so lopsided that you need to slap yourself in the face if you defend it as "balanced" lol

Just admit you like having a class advantage over most other players on this map....its ok, we know you do :)

I actually don't actually care if they change it or not, but saying that it's fair is just ridiculous. You shouldn't be able to use leaps or speed buffs, but you also shouldn't be slowed down when carrying the ball.

Imagine huttball from an Assassin, Mara, Jug point of view. Then imagine huttball from an Ops, Sniper, Merc point of view. Its just not the same when you are slow as a turtle in a game that is more or less a type of race.

Everyone has a role to play. Ranged DPS can support from far away, and AoE down attackers. Tanks carry, healers heal. Melee DPS support by passing and carrying, and same as RDPS, killing.

I love snipers though. They put themselves so close to the score line, thinking "Trololol, nothing can happen to me", then I toss a Cybertech grenade, and leap up to them :cool:

Everyone has a role to play. Ranged DPS can support from far away, and AoE down attackers

Sad thing is that my tank spec assassin is a better "ranged defender" than my Bounty Hunter.

As a BH, my only real 2 strategies are play dead center mid and try to control the ball all game - or follow around the enemy ball carrier, trying to kill him. But simply doing damage to enemy ball carriers is not enough. You need to ROOT and/or SNARE and/or STUN and/or PULL......my Merc can do 0 of these things reliably during the chaos of huttball.

But my tank spec assassin on the other hand....I frequently drop as little as 30k damage by the end of the game. But I pull the enemy ball carrier into the fire on multiple occasions, as well as pulling ball carriers back down into the pit before they score. Just this one move alone trumps EVERYTHING my BH can do. Not to mention I score like Kevin Durant and Kobe Bryant combined because of force run alone.

Not to mention everyones favorite: Pulling the enemy ballcarrier into fire (on their side of map) and then force running 30m for an easy score.

My point is not to get anyone nerfed or buffed....I'm just trying to say that the WZ itself is a design flaw but its too late now. I still enjoy it on my Merc even though its total BS hehe

I hate the idea... I think it would take the fun out of it. Being able to leap push leap... is a bit much maybe but a competent player will be more aware of their position and not allow it to happen very often. In regs you can abuse the hell out of it.

But yeah.... without leap or sprint... that would suck... a lot. Ranged DPS would own mid worse than they do now. Jugs and marauders would be near useless. They could do much with the ball and if they were trying to control mid they would be getting wrecked by the ranged DPS on the platforms.

And the other problem would be what next? remove grapple? Extraction? Ya know?

Oh.. the Huttball still explodes. It's just on a longer timer now. Finally saw one blow up after a long time after some guy in lowbies who had no clue what he was doing was just walking around with the ball foreverrrrrrr. I think the timer is 2 minutes now.

I hate the idea... I think it would take the fun out of it. Being able to leap push leap... is a bit much maybe but a competent player will be more aware of their position and not allow it to happen very often. In regs you can abuse the hell out of it.

But yeah.... without leap or sprint... that would suck... a lot. Ranged DPS would own mid worse than they do now. Jugs and marauders would be near useless. They could do much with the ball and if they were trying to control mid they would be getting wrecked by the ranged DPS on the platforms.

And the other problem would be what next? remove grapple? Extraction? Ya know?

Oh.. the Huttball still explodes. It's just on a longer timer now. Finally saw one blow up after a long time after some guy in lowbies who had no clue what he was doing was just walking around with the ball foreverrrrrrr. I think the timer is 2 minutes now.

i agree with you 99.9% of the time ugly, but this i gotta disagree with.

all the classes with leaps/speed/pulls/etc would still be able to use them, just not while they were holding the ball. imo, it puts a heck of a lot more emphasis on good passing, rather than "get ball to tank sin/shadow, watch them score, rinse-repeat".

if huttball is supposed to be a showcase of the movement enhancing abilities that force classes have, then its currently working as intended. but if it is supposed to be a highly competitive, team-oriented "sport"-type warzone, it is missing the mark by a mile

i agree with you 99.9% of the time ugly, but this i gotta disagree with.

I was kinda surprised myself... I think this is actually the second time we've disagreed.

Are we supposed to insult each other now? Should we refer to each other as "bads" or maybe I can finish my comments with "kid". :D

Or do we wait until or 3rd disagreement? ;)

On paper it really doesn't sound horrible but I think in game it would make Huttball feel very narrow. And honestly I think we would just see a show case of better passing which really doesn't feel very polished to me as is, so I don't like it for that reason too.

Example if changes were made: Juggernaut has ball in pit and defender is coming out of spawn. Jug passes to nearby team mate... leaps to defender... ball gets passed back to Juggernaut.

Just saying I don't think it would change much other than relying more on what feels like a loosely polished mechanic instead of relying on our classes abilities. I just wouldn't want to rely on passing the ball more often.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Hello there!

I think that it is true that classes that can sprint or leap have an advantage over classes that can't. But I personally think that it is all part of the gameplay and how the team goes about scoring. A good team will: Pass, Have PTs and Sins pull the ball carrier on a pass or the reciever to cause a neutral ball, and use the sprints and leaps to they're advantage by handing the ball to a warrior or sorc can cause them to score where you couldn't. Many people do not like doing this because they do not get as many opportunities to score. One thing to do is keep in mind that in you getting the ball and running as far as you can then when the time comes to speed up the score or to save the ball by passing to a teammate you where as much part of that score as the person who actually scored. My friend is a sorc and in huttball he rarely scores since people don't pass but he doesn't make a big deal about it instead he uses his abilities to help the people scoring by pulling allies into goal line or sprinting ahead to knockoff players blocking the ball carriers. I would personally say that the ability to charge, leap, or pull(allies/enemies) is a vital part of the gameplay in Huttball and other warzones and should not be removed. But likewise everybody has a different opinion about all things. Have fun!

I was kinda surprised myself... I think this is actually the second time we've disagreed.

Are we supposed to insult each other now? Should we refer to each other as "bads" or maybe I can finish my comments with "kid". :D

Or do we wait until or 3rd disagreement? ;)

LOL :D

perhaps my opinion is skewed by the fact i have never played a class that has any of those leaps/pulls. my Merc is really my only toon

LOL :D

perhaps my opinion is skewed by the fact i have never played a class that has any of those leaps/pulls. my Merc is really my only toon

Check my edit... but yeah... you're probably a bit bias honestly. And I get it... I catch myself being melee bias pretty often.

A good team will: Pass, Have PTs and Sins pull the ball carrier on a pass or the reciever to cause a neutral ball, and use the sprints and leaps to they're advantage by handing the ball to a warrior or sorc can cause them to score where you couldn't.

As you said....a good team will have PTs, Sins, Pulls, Sprints, Leaps, Warriors, and Sorcs.

I play as a Merc.

Notice a problem yet? (for me, at least)

Next can we please have a WZ where Cyborgs get a perma HoT because its in a Cybertech warehouse? Or a spot where body type 3 and 4 are too big to fit through doors that lead to nodes? Or better yet, an insta-kill laser that 1-shots you unless you have stealth. Or lastly, a legde with heal packs that you can only jump to while using force run.

Edited by DarthBloodloss