Wearing Pyrotech PVP set in PVE? (15% crit vs 8%+ damage on railshot)

The_Beastwood

Although the PVE gear has better stats, wouldn't the 15%+ crit chance on Railshot be better than the 8%+ boost in damage for Railshot?

Especially due to the ability that adds another 30% crit bonus damage for Railshot and a hell lot of surge stacking.

I'd still wear the rest of the PVE gear because it has better stats, just 4 peices for the set bonus.

Edited by The_Beastwood

No math wiz here, but wouldn't the 8% flat damage increase also affect your crit damage with firebug? It just seems better overall.

Also the PvE 2 piece bonus is obviously better.

Edited by anwg

No math wiz here, but wouldn't the 8% flat damage increase also affect your crit damage with firebug? It just seems better overall.

Also the PvE 2 piece bonus is obviously better.

What is that 2 piece then?

The 8% does increase criticals but you wouldn't get it as often.

The 8%+ damage obviously gives better criticals but does not increase the number of criticals.

I believe the 15% to crit and 8% damage to railshot are pretty much equal when it comes to overall damage, maybe a SLIGHT lead going to the crit with high enough surge (at 100% surge, 1% crit would be a 1% increase in damage, so with 80% surge, maybe 11%? Not a math whiz here) but you also waste the entire 2pc bonus...

I've been rolling with the PvE last few days, higher Aim then the PvP Set and the damage bonus.

I would think if your crit is high enough where you still get a good amount of Rail Shot crits it'll come in handy. But without logs it's hard to say

2PC is worthless since I'll never *not* use explosive fuel without my trinkets.

What is that 2 piece then?

The 8% does increase criticals but you wouldn't get it as often.

The 8%+ damage obviously gives better criticals but does not increase the number of criticals.

Say 35% crit, 100% crit damage, 100 railshots, base railshot damage of 1000.

Damage: 65*1000 + 2*35*1000 = 135000

With PvP 4 piece bonus:

50*1000 + 50* 2000 = 150000

With PvE 4 piece bonus:

1.08*(35*2000) + 1.08*(65*1000)=145800

Not a big difference even assuming you lose no PvE stats by wearing PvP armor.