You need to limit the amount of EXP we get

Hung_H

I feel BW is submitting to the noobs who complain that this game is too hard. I find myself overleveled by the time I hit Balmorra and do the bonus series. When i first started out with my first character, i played some space battles and found that I was overleveled just by completing them. So now I dont touch any space battles and just quest like normal. Even then, i've become too high level for any regular quests. This has led me to roll an operative and literally stealth pass any enemies and avoid any bonuses objectives I find just to make the game a little bit more competitive.

My point is they should make this game a little bit more of a grind. Make it so that you "need" to do the bonus to be on par with your quests. If you decide not to do the bonus, things should get harder. Not like the current way where bonuses just make you overpowered for everything.

I really do not enjoy playing this when I'm doing level 32 quests and I'm 5 levels ahead of everything. Nor should I be keeping an eye out not to complete bonuses and avoid killing trash mobs.

I understand the first 30 or so levels should be easy, but by that time, we should have learned most of the ins and outs of the game to play something more difficult.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want the experience to take longer there is one simple thing you have to do....DON'T SKIP CUT SCENES! I mean I did watch the majority of scenes during my first character's level up (and I am talking about the normal one everyone gets, not the class ones that you really SHOULD watch), and for my Warrior I have skipped the vast majority and have noticed it has taken substantially less time to progress in levels. Simply stated, if you want to grind, grind through the cut scenes!

If you HAD to do them then they wouldnt really be bonus quests, now would they?

In my experience, doing every non-bonus, non-heroic quest on a planet with have you at level or over level until around the mid to late 30's, in which case you will start to be underleveled unless you do some PVP, space battles, or heroic/bonus quests.

And for the love of god why would you WANT a grind!? O_o What could possibly posses you to WANT a grind?

I can understand why people want to play hard games like Dark Souls. Thats for the challenge. I can understand while people want to play long games like this, because it keeps them entertained for a long time.

But grind? Grind is neither challenging nor entertaining! Its boring, pointless, and not fun! Who acctually wants to grind?

I applaud them for keeping the leveling on par with questing for most of the game so it feels like less of a grind. Grinding sucks. No to the grinding.

Feels too fast to me too. I am outleveling planets without doing warzones or space combat. Not that the game is difficult but having all current quest on the green-gray range trivializes it even more.

An option to stop PvE XP would be nice.

Leave leveling the way it is but add a feature that cuts leveling by X for those of us who want to complete a zone fully, pvp a bit, do some space missions, and perhaps do a flashpoint if we can find a group.

Solutions that make everybody win.

OP again.

I would like to fully complete a zone and not think about how high level I am for the next planet.

Maybe I didnt explain it full or some of you didnt' understand. I want the grind in there to make things competitive. Make it worth it to try to get good gear so that the quests would be easier instead of getting good gear and the quests being too easy that you could fall asleep doing them.

I just find it odd that I actually have to avoid things like PVP/space battles, flashpoints and even bonus objectives to have a challenging experience during questing. And no, I dont find wearing greens instead of blues a good thing either.

If not to limit the exp from quests, at least make all the side things that i mentioned previously produce less experience.

Its like a catch up game with experience as it currently is. Just a reverse one though.

I feel BW is submitting to the noobs who complain that this game is too hard. I find myself overleveled by the time I hit Balmorra and do the bonus series. When i first started out with my first character, i played some space battles and found that I was overleveled just by completing them. So now I dont touch any space battles and just quest like normal. Even then, i've become too high level for any regular quests. This has led me to roll an operative and literally stealth pass any enemies and avoid any bonuses objectives I find just to make the game a little bit more competitive.

My point is they should make this game a little bit more of a grind. Make it so that you "need" to do the bonus to be on par with your quests. If you decide not to do the bonus, things should get harder. Not like the current way where bonuses just make you overpowered for everything.

I really do not enjoy playing this when I'm doing level 32 quests and I'm 5 levels ahead of everything. Nor should I be keeping an eye out not to complete bonuses and avoid killing trash mobs.

I understand the first 30 or so levels should be easy, but by that time, we should have learned most of the ins and outs of the game to play something more difficult.

Oh really well i find my self a solo er under level on each planet as most of the quests are heroics and i don't want to waste hours of my day trying to run one quest just because there inst enough normal ones for me to get through the content the fact is unless you are willing to do boring heroics or farm flashpoints there isnt enough Xp to get you to the level u should be when u reach a planet most times i end up the level i should have been on a planet as some of them only give you around 1-2 levels if u are lucky the rest of the xp you are forced to acquire else where.

I try to avoid absolutely every single unnecessary agro (and 99% succeed 'cos i'm stealth class - I agro only quest objectives and almost nothing else), I look to not by mistake complete ANY quest bonus objectives, done below 10 space missions on my current char. And this to be able to play my daily PVP Warzone quest plus 1 or max 2 Flashpoints and still out-level my class quests by around 5 levels . At beginning of Balmorra[32-36] I'm level 37) - at lvl41 -43 content i will probably hit 50. Every time I got to Bonus series I need carefully to choose do I really like this planet to continues to Bonus Series and become even more high level or skip to next planet and miss the story I would like to see.

So IMHO XP is a bit(10-15%) overboard. But the best thing to do is skyrocket XP of Class quests and bottom-nerf XP of everything else - that way everyone will be ably to play as much as he want of the additional content.

Edited by SBite

The last thing we need is more time sinks imo

sorry but lol

more time sinks i say .

considering there are people out there with about 2-3 level 50's now and the game has been out what just over 1 whole month .

i find myself the only thing that there is to do is either questing or pvp .. there is bugger all else to do besides fp ofc but nothing of to the side as it doesn;t matter what i'm doing i could side craft without giving it a second thought, and there is no point in even gathering on planets other than getting the points off them ..

This game was designed to promote playing through multiple class stories. Because of that, it's also designed so that you can take different paths through the non-class story and still end up appropriately leveled. If you try to do everything possible, yes, you'll end up over-leveled, but that's by design and not an indication of a problem.

Agree 100% plus more. i was so pumed for tor, but havnt logged in for about 2 weeks now.

Here is why tor fails....

The last thing we need is more time sinks imo

No thanks.

No thanks.

It already takes long enough to hit level 50. The game already very easy. Leveling is leveling - it doesn't need to be a challenge. Endgame and beyond is challenge enough. I can keep going but I think this is sufficient reasoning.

umm endgame is NOT challenging, sorry..And why should ONLY endgame be challenging? Im playing dark souls atm and EVERY MOB is a challenge ( and thats the way it should be ).

NO stop speeding through quests then

This is the crowd BW went for and tried to capture, and they sure did. The real gamers got to max, then realised this was actually just another wow in space ( but WAY easier ) and ran away...

These people here will eventually figure out easy = boring = looking for a new game..simple as that...

SIGH, this was only of the FIRST page....I give up man. Im done with easy games...heres looking forward to GW2..

Why does Bioware need to change the game to accomedate you? Not all do every stitchin quest. Some get missed completely. Hell im on my second lvl 50 toon and was just today shown the Balmora Bonus series.

If you want game to be harder then YOU make the decision to NOT do every quest.

I am lvl 50 and there is PLENTY of places i can go and be in serious danger of dieing.

I am personally hoping for 50 more levels to go through buy the end of 2012.

Please dont force your views on others. Just tailor the way you play so the difficulty is to your liking. Not everyone likes to live in fear every second when playing. You want that may i suggest you play on a PVP server.