The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

I just discovered the website Guild Wars 2 Guru and went through all the information the guys collected from Guild Wars 2 so far. In terms of features and how cool those features are, I think GW2 tops SW: TOR in every way. This game has potential, but damn GW2 will be launching with **** load of features when compared to what this game launched with. Kind of scary when compared to this game, feature wise. Bioware need to step it up. That's just what I think.

bull.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My rough estimate is 2.5M Active Subscribers

What's yours?:p

Unless they produce good pve and pvp content, I'm sure it'll be empty on most of the servers, as solo players stop leveling alts and cancel their subs, and serious end game players have everything done and cancel their subs.

Lol ya... I'm sure that number is rising... :rolleyes:

Today, no one here knows if the number is rising or not. But feb 1st the number of subs were in fact growing. Sorry, that's just how it is. Or are you saying they were messing with their shareholders, telling them that the number was rising when it really wasn't? Seriously?

Today, no one here knows if the number is rising or not. But feb 1st the number of subs were in fact growing. Sorry, that's just how it is. Or are you saying they were messing with their shareholders, telling them that the number was rising when it really wasn't? Seriously?

My server is less full now than in Dec, and it's one of the fullest servers. :confused:

Dude, honestly, I don't care. I just go by what i saw in-game, which was a declining server.

Think whatever you want.

Believe whatever a 'press release' tells you. I unsubbed already and could care less.

I think it's a **** game, that's my opinion so I won't be playing it. If you're happy playing a **** game... then play away.

Dude, honestly, I don't care. I just go by what i saw in-game, which was a declining server.

Think whatever you want.

Believe whatever a 'press release' tells you. I unsubbed already and could care less.

I think it's a **** game, that's my opinion so I won't be playing it. If you're happy playing a **** game... then play away.

It wasn't a press release, was it?. I'll say the same to you. Believe what you want. What I see in game is a very much alive server with loads of people on. I'm happy playing TOR because in my opinion it's a great game.

Oh, and you're here... You care, guy.

Edited by Trenter

My server is less full now than in Dec, and it's one of the fullest servers. :confused:

Uh, yeah. In december many were on holiday and could potentially play more. And if you're going by the server status, the servers had their capacity doubled after that. Where do you get it from that there are less active subs on your server?

"continue to steadily decline"?

"continue"?

Source?

The OP asked for people to guess. What I did was make a guess. We can define the meaning of "guess" as follows:

a. To predict (a result or an event) without sufficient information.

b. To assume, presume, or assert (a fact) without sufficient information.

What this means in regards to our situation, is I am simply making some assumptions based on my personal observations as to where the game will be 3 months from now. I then proceeded to make a further "guess" as to where it would be after that.

Further, if you are happy with the game and think the community is growing, then that is all that matters. You don't need to make yourself look foolish responding to those who don't share the same view as you.

Edited by Sejia
insult

It wasn't a press release, was it?. I'll say the same to you. Believe what you want. What I see in game is a very much alive server with loads of people on. I'm happy playing TOR because in my opinion it's a great game.

Oh, and you're here... You care, guy.

I'm having the same experience.

Space Slug has been healthy since release, went through the "after Christmas" lull and is now growing again.

The early zones of both factions are also packed which is indeed a good sign.

Before anybody says "that's because everybody is rolling alts and there's no endgame" I should also point out that the number of 50's has also been seeing a steady increase on a daily basis.

This seems to indicate a steady stream of new customers. On Space Slug anyway.

The OP asked for people to guess. What I did was make a guess. We can define the meaning of "guess" as follows:

a. To predict (a result or an event) without sufficient information.

b. To assume, presume, or assert (a fact) without sufficient information.

What this means in regards to our situation, is I am simply making some assumptions based on my personal observations as to where the game will be 3 months from now. I then proceeded to make a further "guess" as to where it would be after that.

Further, if you are happy with the game and think the community is growing, then that is all that matters. You don't need to make yourself look foolish responding to those who don't share the same view as you.

I thought your wording was kind of strange, that's all. You used the word continue and it looked like you meant that the game was bleeding subs right now, which very, very likely is not the case. I merely asked you to present the sources if that was what you were suggesting. Sorry if I got you wrong.

And that last paragraph... I shouldn't respond to those who don't share the same view as I? I'm not sharing your view and you responded to me... I don't understand what you're saying.

Edit: The sillyness got removed from your post, so I'll remove my troll ending aswell.

Edited by Trenter

Not saying subs are going to tank but when you are selling less than 40,000 copies in a week now it's going to be tough to stay ahead of cancels.

Before anyone asks the number is from vgchartz.

I suggest to give a look here:

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=644995

EA seems quite happy about this game

From Vgchartz you can see that TOTALLY the game sold 2,093,623 copies in 8 weeks (not subsciption.. we are talking about copy sold)

And JUST this week the sold EXTRA 36,225 copies (not subscription. new copy sold)

Probably a few of you understand that we are talking about GREAT numbers of selling.

This game is an HUGE success.. this is a FACT.

I suggest to give a look here:

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=644995

EA seems quite happy about this game

From Vgchartz you can see that TOTALLY the game sold 2,093,623 copies in 8 weeks (not subsciption.. we are talking about copy sold)

And JUST this week the sold EXTRA 36,225 copies (not subscription. new copy sold)

Probably a few of you understand that we are talking about GREAT numbers of selling.

This game is an HUGE success.. this is a FACT.

While the overall number of boxes sold is actually really good. 36,225 this week(unless you started on Sunday) that's 5175 boxes sold a day. Still not a bad number at all but not what people were expecting from a game touted to be the next big thing.

While the overall number of boxes sold is actually really good. 36,225 this week(unless you started on Sunday) that's 5175 boxes sold a day. Still not a bad number at all but not what people were expecting from a game touted to be the next big thing.

It's an MMO. Probably the most fringe of all video/computer games. It will never be as big as Farmville or Modern Warfare.

It's an MMO. Probably the most fringe of all video/computer games. It will never be as big as Farmville or Modern Warfare.

I don't think anyone expects it to be. But really we have people on both sides saying "I will hit 5 million by years end." or "It will hit 500k by years end".

Only thing that will tell is time. We'll see where it sits in 6mo and then 12mo.