NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

There are going to be 3209280359820394823049812390812340928340293840293850293840293482039852039482093482039482095802938420935780296803495812983712983729358723942398472039582304982304982305698230948203491982731938189271095801312391872368764230958230490124719487093245

New subs in the next six months. This is the greatest thing ever created in the history of the known universe.

Wait the population is gonna go up in 6 months? Jesus thats a lot of babies to make by then.

...wait

*lightbulb goes off*

"Honey, send the kids to the babysitter!"

:D

Edited by Rohanshot

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no it doesn't

Yeah. It does. Those that have played it at trade shows will attest to this. They have also shown off that their engine can sustain over 50+ people on screen using abilities, emotes, and moving about in one big cluster without significant performance issues on a moderately high end machine (GTX 560 level cards/quad core processors at around 3.1/8gigram) <-- Pretty much the standard plug and play setup for cons, or using the AMD counterparts. While being run on max settings.

Have issues with an older rig? Turn down the graphics. How many players can SWTOR have on screen before you start dropping FPS? 16. Check a warzone.

Don't just say "No it doesn't" when all available evidence points to "Yeah, it really does." This is the difference in buying an engine, and upgrading/using the one your company built in the 1st place.

Oops.

Oh also the poster you responded to is wrong, it's in beta build. Runs better than alpha build.

Edited by VenthiosLestaran

WoW is going to marge servers soon

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988400920?page=6#103

Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

lolololol

and

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyactivity.php

Ouch

I don't understand, those numbers are normal this late into an expansion cycle? Same thing happened last expansion and Cata sold more units then SWTOR has so far by a lot, what's yer point?

Unfortunately, as of today chalk up 3 more from a household.

It was fun. The game has potential. It just isn't a $14.99/mo game at this point. :(

I'm personally teetering this month, I may just cancel and come back when we have somore workable features

I'm personally teetering this month, I may just cancel and come back when we have somore workable features

Pretty much our feelings as well. Maybe by the Fall 2012 they will have the game in a better place. Right now, though, as much as we wanted to like this game and call it our new "MMO Home" . . . it just didn't happen.

(And for those that want to fire off the whole "been to an MMO launch before?", the answer is yes; and more than once over the past 13 years.)

WoW is going to marge servers soon

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988400920?page=6#103

Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development.

lolololol

and

Ouch

Yeah just as I predicted but as always WoW diehards are in denial of their dying game. Honestly instead of trolling these forums trying to get folks to quit TOR they should be trying to circle the wagons of their own forums.

Yeah just as I predicted but as always WoW diehards are in denial of their dying game. Honestly instead of trolling these forums trying to get folks to quit TOR they should be trying to circle the wagons of their own forums.

Not a WoW fan boy or anything but those numbers really dont mean much. Its always the same at the end of an expansion. The numbers will jump right back up again when mist hits. Also wow is 7 years old now you have to expect subs will start trailing off.

Dying at 10mil. So when it gets to SWTOR's level of 1.7 Million it'll be what, a skeleton decayed and dead? Yeah, they have to merge servers, they have a lot of servers. :p

Please just, don't say such silly things? Every time I see people say things like this it makes me feel a little worse that all people do is literally hop on a bandwagon, even if it's going off a cliff. Instead of just using their thinkers.

Not a WoW fan boy or anything but those numbers really dont mean much. Its always the same at the end of an expansion. The numbers will jump right back up again when mist hits. Also wow is 7 years old now you have to expect subs will start trailing off.

Pretty much this, it took the imagination and skill of Blizzard to pull off a game that kept people coming back paying for 7 years in that high of a volume.

Yeah. It does. Those that have played it at trade shows will attest to this. They have also shown off that their engine can sustain over 50+ people on screen using abilities, emotes, and moving about in one big cluster without significant performance issues on a moderately high end machine (GTX 560 level cards/quad core processors at around 3.1/8gigram) <-- Pretty much the standard plug and play setup for cons, or using the AMD counterparts. While being run on max settings.

Have issues with an older rig? Turn down the graphics. How many players can SWTOR have on screen before you start dropping FPS? 16. Check a warzone.

Don't just say "No it doesn't" when all available evidence points to "Yeah, it really does." This is the difference in buying an engine, and upgrading/using the one your company built in the 1st place.

Oops.

Oh also the poster you responded to is wrong, it's in beta build. Runs better than alpha build.

I'm a big fan of GW2 I have played it at SDCC PAX East and PAX prime, it is a fun game...but the claims you are making simply aren't true. GW2 has some of the same issues as any other MMO and many of GW2 Zealots are going to be extremely disappointed, I like GW2 because it isn't Raid centric and is very story oriented. That is why a lot of people won't like it.

The game will do well just like GW did well but it will be the game people play along with whatever other MMO they are playing rather than instead of.

I hope this game does well and whoever stays enjoys there time. For me personally this game just isn't for me. I have a host of issues and most likely won't return. No hard feelings and no snide, condescending remarks. Account expires in two weeks and it's adios.

I think people are just peeved off that they can't call this place a home or even a second home. However there is a lot of room for potential which I'm going to look forward to see :)

I'm a big fan of GW2 I have played it at SDCC PAX East and PAX prime, it is a fun game...but the claims you are making simply aren't true. GW2 has some of the same issues as any other MMO and many of GW2 Zealots are going to be extremely disappointed, I like GW2 because it isn't Raid centric and is very story oriented. That is why a lot of people won't like it.

The game will do well just like GW did well but it will be the game people play along with whatever other MMO they are playing rather than instead of.

http://www.guildwars2movies.com/video/66/Guild-Wars-2-Live-Demo-at-Gamescom-Farewell-party

Oh yeah? I'm not exactly a GW2 Zealot, I just can see they're doing it right for the most part. We'll see how it turns out of course, and because GW2 is sub free, it isn't a danger to sub games Really, unless it turns out more fantastic than anyone can dream yanno? However, this is testament to it's performance, the machines they run at these cons are not 2000 dollar machines (unless they're alienware laptops) I've been to shows, I know what's inside these machines.

How many fps you think SWTOR would get on a GTX 580 rig with that many people? Granted, you can see FPS drop, however, it's over 100 people in an extremely tight clump. Lower your gfx setting a bit and you'll get great fps. This is a Beta client at that, optimization left to be done.

It simply can't be denied.

Also background song = win.

Edited by VenthiosLestaran

Your agenda is showing. Considering the life cycle of most games, I would say that WoW is the most successful game in history.

Quick math.

Down to 10 million from 12 million. Roughly 83%.

Down to 1.7 million from 2 million. 85% (Free accounts aren't even excluded from this total)

I guess both games are dying then?

Edited by WarTornPanda

Absolute nonsense. None of the servers even show heavy population at prime time any more (or very rarely) so none of them are significantly busier than the others. Please, provide a screenshot of Dromund Kaas with 250 players on any server, from the last 3 weeks. You can't.

On Shien the other day at 6:30 PM MST, it was 13. (2 weeks ago it would have been 90-ish) Just now, Ord Mantell had 19. Fleet had 84. The player base has dropped by a good 60%. You can't deny it.

Even if "everyone hit 50 now" is true, this shows a very distinct lack of new players and re-rolls. Neither is good. People are hitting 50 and either just not playing or unsubbing.

Right now there are:

3 Full

3 Very Heavy

35 Heavy

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Guess that shoots down that theory.

I participate every 3 months.

But hey, 12 year old Star Wars nerds know more about the business industry so yeah YOU GUYZ ARE RIGHT BECAUSE IT'S BENEFICIAL TO STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC!

I had my series 7 while you were still in your diapers.

You have never been on a quarterly call if you think the ONLY thing they talk about is that quarter.

Your agenda is showing. Considering the life cycle of most games, I would say that WoW is the most successful game in history.

Quick math.

Down to 10 million from 12 million. Roughly 83%.

Down to 1.7 million from 2 million. 85% (Free accounts aren't even excluded from this total)

I guess both games are dying then?

Yeah my agenda....despite the fact I have a years sub to WoW. :rolleyes: And I actually still play...not just hang out on the forums to defend TOR....like so many WoW fans do here.

In any event you really want to listen to the next Blizzard investor call.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

You guys are so blind. You realize that a large portion of those 1.7 million haven't paid for a subscription yet?

2 million copies sold.

300,000 already gave up.

Who knows how many accounts haven't ended their free month yet.

Who knows how many accounts have paid for more than a month and cancelled.

3 months from now? 750,000 subscribers. It will probably settle to around 300,000-500,000 after a year. Feel free to bookmark this and quote me.

Why you plan on paying $15 a month to hang around and "prove us wrong"?

Yeah my agenda....despite the fact I have a years sub to WoW. :rolleyes: And I actually still play...not just hang out on the forums to defend TOR....like so many WoW fans do here.

In any event you really want to listen to the next Blizzard investor call.

"Subs in WoW are dropping, we have MoP set to launch, and were still working on Diablo 3 and our next gen MMO is in the works. Warcraft has made us over a billion dollars, so were in a pretty good spot for launches to increase revenue even further."

I'd guess they'll have around 8-9 mil by this time.

I'm sure the next investor call will be great.