[[PvP MOVIE]] 50 Vanguard 1v1s and 1vNs

Raggok

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanguard assault and Powertech assult is probably the strongest class 1v1

If i as a Commando get one on me, i can just give up.

So many dots, utilities, grapple and abilities to keep a commando pretty much disabled through the whole fight

Ive seen so many players bunnyjump around me, or strafing infront of me back and forth, and i go like.."*** is he doing?"

Edited by SeloDaoC

Great video; personally I also like the commentary, but keep doing whatever's fun for you: it's all good stuff.

It's a shame that even a poster who shows losses as well as wins and candidly points out mistakes attracts troll comments, but it wouldn't be the internet without that I suppose.

One question please: how much mileage do you get out of degauss? I tend to pop my shield early (to maximise its impact if I'm focused or to build up a hp advantage in a 1v1, which I feel v often makes the other player think they're losing and play badly as a result), so the only pairing where I consistently take advantage of the cc-break effect is jk/sw where you can expect a root/snare within the opening seconds of the fight. What's your experience?

Also what are you using to get a 5.5k Heal in combat?

PvP heal consumable. You can see it on his toolbar.

Um, okay.... I guess I'll have to include some clips where I lose while I'm backpedalling or mouseclicking abilities or something? :p

Real PvPers keyboard turn.

One question please: how much mileage do you get out of degauss? I tend to pop my shield early (to maximise its impact if I'm focused or to build up a hp advantage in a 1v1, which I feel v often makes the other player think they're losing and play badly as a result), so the only pairing where I consistently take advantage of the cc-break effect is jk/sw where you can expect a root/snare within the opening seconds of the fight. What's your experience?

It's extremely situational. Obviously it's good against Jugg/Marauder, as you pointed out, since their roots are a bit more predictable. It has been the difference between scoring and not scoring in Huttball more than a few times.

Get rooted in a hazard with tenacity and hold the line down? Bam, degauss.

BUT, I feel kind of sad inside when I have to use it for the root break and totally waste it's damage reduction component. So, I classify it as being nice to have when I need it but not a must have by any means.

Not bad, but the movie was a tad too long imo.

6 - 9 minutes is about right for a PvP movie.

Anyway, I'm not sure if there's much merit to all the bunny hopping. As opposed to WoW, I think hopping is actually slower than plain walking. Not sure how or when the code updates your position either.

A lot of those duels were pretty close too, which I guess is fair and shows things are reasonably balanced.

Props to you, this is a great change of pace from the usual ZOMG 7k CRIT BEST EVER videos, this is actually a showcase of the class and your ability.

Probably the first video i've actually seen where the person filmed actually dies, makes your videos seem a whole lot more realistic and less like it's just stupid luck clips against terrible players from hundreds of bgs edited together.

Lots of jumping is annoying though.

I agree with all this. Most pvp videos are annoying. This was well done but stop all the jumping.

It's not WoW behavior. It's behavior from over 10 years of PvPing. Sometimes the jumps are not necessary and just part of my rhythm, but sometimes the jump is something that is necessary.

It has far less impact on the outcome of the fight than nitpickers like to think, however.

Um, okay.... I guess I'll have to include some clips where I lose while I'm backpedalling or mouseclicking abilities or something? :p

Don't be so defensive. Most mmogs provide no benefit to hopping around spastitically and it looks silly. Don't get mad at people who point it out. You act like hitting jump 500 times is worth anything at all but just bring 500 more buttons to push.

You should probably rethink your videos if you are so thin skinned

Commandos arent build for kiting? Lol. That statement plus your retarded jumping around just gave me all the evidence i need to dismiss you as a bad. Thanks for playing!

Do Commandos have access to hold the line or the run speed boost of the Vanguard tactics tree? Do Commandos have abilities which force them to stand still? Most DPS Commandos are Grav Round builds which FORCES them to stand and cast. I, on the other hand, am playing a build designed for in-and-out combat and kiting.

There is nothing worse than an ignorant fool who THINKS they know what the hell they are talking about. People can actually watch my movie and determine whether I'm bad or not. All they have to do is read the pure ignorance gushing forth from your mind to know whether you are bad or not.

You probably whine on the forums calling for Mercenary and Commando nerfs, don't you?

Don't be so defensive. Most mmogs provide no benefit to hopping around spastitically and it looks silly. Don't get mad at people who point it out. You act like hitting jump 500 times is worth anything at all but just bring 500 more buttons to push.

You should probably rethink your videos if you are so thin skinned

Actually, it might be you who is overacting to my reply. Jumping has provided HUGE benefits in past games and also serves as some benefit in this game, although less.

Ever heard of jumping stuns and charges in WoW? Or jump-kiting hunters in WoW?

If you look at this movie you will actually see me jumping a charge. I get rooted but I'm out of range of his next attack. Do you think that has benefit or not? I think it does. Now, in this game you have to jump BEFORE they charge so it's total prediction or luck. In WoW, you could actually react to the charge to jump it. Did you even know any of this?

Is all of my jumping necessary? NO, it's a 10+ year old habit. Does some of my jumping serve a purpose. YES. How about when I jump the sniper's rooting shot. Do you realize that I jumped that while it was in flight? I got rooted behind the rock so he couldn't follow up on it. If I had not jumped, he would have had line of sight on me and lit me up.

Just because YOU don't see the benefit in these things doesn't mean it's always silly and spastic.

Have you ever jumped an ability or a charge to your advantage? Ever?

Maybe you should watch this movie from WoW?

Edited by Raggok

Hello,

This is another entertainment style vid. I've indicated the HP of my opponents just to give an idea of what their gear level is. HP is definitely not a good way to judge skill, however.

I start this movie off with a couple of losses because people need to understand that I am a mature and level-headed PvPer. I won't publicly trash talk or demean people I kill or beat in PvP. I'd like to expect the same from others, but I know I can't. I lose fights against good players. It happens. Sometimes I am outgeared. Sometimes my crucial cooldowns aren't up. Sometimes I lose because of a class disadvantage (like mercenaries when fighting me, for example). Sometimes I just flat-out get outplayed. I expect that most players experience the same.

I've chosen (with a few exceptions) to go with "nail-biter" types of fights in this movie with very close outcomes. Most of the people in this movie are well-geared or at least have better overal gear than myself. My gear is a mixture of centurion and champion gear. I do not have biochem, however I will pop consumables here and there. ;)

When I set out to make a movie, I typically have one of two goals in mind. And, that is either to educate or entertain.

Hope you enjoy. :)

Really nice video mate. And good choice of music :)

great vid mate

i also enjoyed all your others, some nice tips and tricks there

and dont worry about the posts from ppl who know nothing about pvp, you can tell whos **** and whos good just from reading the posts

keep bunny hopping and kick some imp ***

and keep the vids coming

gl out there

Do Commandos have access to hold the line or the run speed boost of the Vanguard tactics tree? Do Commandos have abilities which force them to stand still? Most DPS Commandos are Grav Round builds which FORCES them to stand and cast. I, on the other hand, am playing a build designed for in-and-out combat and kiting.

There is nothing worse than an ignorant fool who THINKS they know what the hell they are talking about. People can actually watch my movie and determine whether I'm bad or not. All they have to do is read the pure ignorance gushing forth from your mind to know whether you are bad or not.

You probably whine on the forums calling for Mercenary and Commando nerfs, don't you?

Go look at my post history. Never called for a nerf to any class. If you cant take criticism then you shouldnt post your videos on a public forum.

Go look at my post history. Never called for a nerf to any class. If you cant take criticism then you shouldnt post your videos on a public forum.

I did actually look at your post history and indeed you aren't a nerfherder. So, I was wrong in my assumption about you.

The problem with your criticism is that you are just flat out WRONG. I mean, you are so wrong I had to assume you were just someone with a beef against commandos.

Vanguards are far more mobile and offer more mobility via skills than commandos. That is just fact, my friend. It's not opinion, it's not up for debate. Now, you will notice that I was kind and I assumed that your position on this was one based upon ignorance and not stupidity.

Go take a look at the trees. Look at the skills that tactics offers vanguards.

There is nothing horrible about being wrong. I've been wrong, and when it is pointed out I admit it. What is horrible is when someone is wrong, but they are too prideful and arrogant to admit it.

Actually, it might be you who is overacting to my reply. Jumping has provided HUGE benefits in past games and also serves as some benefit in this game, although less.

Genuine questions, what benefits does bunnyhopping provide in TOR?

As far as I know you can't break LOS with it, it doesn't improve mobility, you can't avoid any skill / shot etc by doing it.

Edited by Loxion

Genuine questions, what benefits does bunnyhopping provide in TOR?

As far as I know you can't break LOS with it, it doesn't improve mobility, you can't avoid any skill / shot etc by doing it.

There is no benefit and people who do it in this game look silly. Clearly the op thought it did something and when called out on it tried to pass it off as some kind of mark as skill.

I can't heap much praise on someone who can't adjust from one game to another to not needlessly jump constantly. Clear the op is way over sensitize and most of his replies in this thread make him sound foolish. Clearly his only discussion tactic is to try and intimidate and bully others.

Ever heard of jumping stuns and charges in WoW? Or jump-kiting hunters in WoW?

If you look at this movie you will actually see me jumping a charge. I get rooted but I'm out of range of his next attack. Do you think that has benefit or not? I think it does. Now, in this game you have to jump BEFORE they charge so it's total prediction or luck. In WoW, you could actually react to the charge to jump it. Did you even know any of this?

Is all of my jumping necessary? NO, it's a 10+ year old habit. Does some of my jumping serve a purpose. YES. How about when I jump the sniper's rooting shot. Do you realize that I jumped that while it was in flight? I got rooted behind the rock so he couldn't follow up on it. If I had not jumped, he would have had line of sight on me and lit me up.

Just because YOU don't see the benefit in these things doesn't mean it's always silly and spastic.

Have you ever jumped an ability or a charge to your advantage? Ever?

Maybe you should watch this movie from WoW?

This is not wow. Your jumping is not doing anything for you. You were out of range because you were out of range not because you are jumping. Feel free to mindlessly jump non stop in pvp if you want. However if you are going to make videos it makes you look silly. It also puts out information to uneducated people that jumping does something.

I do lots of things in games. Each game is different though and you adapt. I understand you are used to jumping but you don't have to do it, so you could just stop doing it.

You could have just said "I know jumping does nothing but I like it" instead you got all defense and pretended like you did it because you are skilled.

The fact that you think the reason it worked in wow would make it show up in tor is evidence you don't really understand the mechanic at all.

In eq if you strafed you ran faster. I still don't strafe when running all the time.

There is no benefit

That was my understanding also, however the OP said ...

Jumping has provided HUGE benefits in past games and also serves as some benefit in this game, although less.

So I am insterested in what benefit, no matter how small, the OP believes bunnyhopping provides in TOR :D

• 2 weeks later...

Great _video_. I am also very amused at some people and their "criticisms" when they have produced exactly nothing themselves as far as fan _videos_ go.

"bro, stop jumping cause your superior skill threatens me and i have to point out the most irrelevant thing to pat my own ego"!

Anyways, keep posting the quality stuff. Love the slow-mo and freezes to make it easier to catch what can be easily missed otherwise.