The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

When are we going to see more space combat?

Group space missions?

New ships?

More Daily Missions?

More challenging missions?

Tying space combat in with flashpoints would be awesome!

I don't bother with space combat anymore because it seems to be pointless once I hit 50. Could we please get some more space content and make it relevant?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be any factions to gain reputation with and if so will there be cool and unique ways to garner reputation for unique pets, vehicles, items, etc... for said factions?

Simply having other things to do than flashpoints, operations and pvp all day would increase longetivity in my opinion.

Will rated warzones be cross server?

Judging by Iron Citadel's very active PVP enthusiests (hope the devs watch our tournements) the top spot will be a trade between 2 guilds. I would be a pleasure to pit our skills against other server's best.

Could we get a rough timeline estimate of additional features/content that will be added in the short term ? (6 months - 12 months)

There are a lot features and content that have been promised, but most of them have not been given any sort of a time frame, would love to know which feature/content we can look forward to first, now I know these things will change constantly but would just like a general idea

For example things like:

* UI Customization

* Legacy System

* End Game Gear customization (being able to remove mods)

* New Flash points / Operations

* Addtional Warzones (just timeframe)

If a timeline is not possible/feasible how about a list of features/content we can hope to see in 1-3 months time ?

Edited by alrighto

I know it has been mentioned already, but when can we expect some sort of combat log and threat meter?

The combat log doesn't have to be real-time, I don't mind parsing the data from a text file afterwards. But not being able to crunch numbers to improve my rotation and play is really limiting my enjoyment of the game. Having a quantifiable way to measure my improvement (or lack there of) is one of the things I enjoy most about MMOs.

The threat meter is a nice to have so we can see how well the tanks are doing against the dps and healers. This would help better manage my guild's utilization of threat-reduction abilities.

Thank you!

-hithlo

Edited by hithlo

Can you elaborate further on any future changes to various classes in regard to skills or talents? I aim this mainly towards the warrior Juggernaught and Guardian Class. The class seems at a disadvantage in regard to area of effect threat or even the damage output to keep up with other tank counterparts, such as Powertech and Assassin. This is primarily due to the lack of skills compared to other classes along with modifiers in the Immortal talent tree.

Tanking in SWTOR is difficult because I cannot analyze what hit me and for how much (other than looking through recorded videos), how to make defenses more efficient. This makes learning boss fight mechanics a tedious process. When is the combat log going to be available already?

P.S. Am not talking about threat meters, aggro control is simple enough as is.

What are your plans in regards to chat bubbles for say, yell, party and operation chat. They were hinted at some time ago, but since then there has not been a word on this. This has been a standard MMO feature for years, and many are still surprised at SWTOR's lack thereof.

Dear Bioware, thank you for a great game so far.

I am member of a guild where we enjoy with great passion the content of

pvp you have made. And we like to group up and help fellow guildies win towards

the battle of the stars :)

Now, my question is reguarding the upcoming ranked warzones and current way of entering warzones:

How will you make the team feature of ranked warzones work? Will we be able to que up through like a team management page or will you start allowing people to stay in a group once the warzone has ended?

As it is now, manually inviting people to group after each warzone is over is to say the least, a bit tedious :)

Best regards

Steele

Edited by Steele_dk