Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

Will you please go into some details about how you guys balance classes(outside of ability bugs) for PVE, and what are classes you guys are looking strongly at in relation.

I.E. Is there an internal build you guys are testing certain class changes on and what direction are those changes going in?

I guarantee this is the biggest issue players look at, and it seems the communication when it comes to that hasn't been there. This includes the exclusion of in game combat logs that prevent healing and damage meters.

Thanks for doing these blogs and I hope a lot of good questions and answers come out of it!

Greetings everyone,

We noticed that we are starting to see an uptick in the number of posts that try to squeeze more than one question in and posts that seem to focus more on making a statement rather than posing a question. We'd like to take a moment to remind you of the guidelines for posting in this thread:

1) Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.

2) Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.

3) Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.

4) Limit yourself to one question per person in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!

5) As a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

Any posts that do not follow these guidelines will be removed. With that being said, please ask away!

The way Ilum is implemented right now, with the objectives serving no purpose towards the dailies and people being announced when they get anywhere close to them, is there any planned changes to this planet that will allow smaller groups to be more effective and efficient.

The whole planet calls for a zerg with basically gives the loosing side no chance at getting their daily done outside of feeding themselves to the more populated side and getting one or two kills.

Are there any plans to change the random buried within low probability random orange schematic system or any other aspect of gear customization so that we have more than a small handful of options for customizing our characters?

(I do not really count re-colors as full options, thus the "small handful" assessment; 6 different shades of tan for the exact same smuggler jacket is still just one option.)

Comment: I think this is a great idea, and I'm glad that Bioware is taking the customer feedback/communication issue seriously.

Question: Where do the developers stand on the current perception that Sorcerer/Sage healers far-and-away outperform the other healing classes? Specifically,I understand that details are unlikely, but I'd like to know if this is on the action list and an estimate on beginning the process of tweaking these classes - I'm not expecting a one-shot fix all.

You have made it far too difficult to experiment with the skill tree with the exponential increase in reset cost; for me I am left with not logging on to a character because I painfully need to respec, but cannot afford it. So the game is not playable for me with that (level 50, I might add) character. So right now, that part of the game mechanic is a big nuisance to me.

My Question:

Are you considering this skill manipulation system, or are you going to stick with it as it is,

aka "works as intended "?

:jawa_evil:

Edited by Eirik

Question:Will we ever be able to sell back commendation items for the commendations back in return (assuming they haven't been equipped/bound)? I (and my friends) have accidentally purchased the wrong item before and lost a significant amount of commendations. I understand it is user error, but it is still frustrating.

Pretty much everyone who plays swtor has observed and complained about the space combat. To quote Gamespot, "...space combat was a missed opportunity." I think this is understating things to be honest. Whatever the original intentions of the design team and developers the space combat gets heavy criticism. Alot of people would like some massive improvements to include possibly a complete overhaul. *What are the developers/design teams' plans to address some of these issues and to change or add to space combat/exploration?*

I myself would like to see open area pve raiding of shipping lanes, quest based attacks on stations, fleets, docking facilities, border posts, planet fortresses, mining facilities, etc in environments that allow for pvp engagements. It doesn't have to amount to the scope of games like EVEonline, who in my opinion greatly overcomplicated things and gave new meaning to the phrase 'tediously anal retentive', but a few Open Sandbox Zones would be nice, along with some set space combat pvp battleground engagement scenarios. Taking some pointers from games like Silent Hunter would do wonders to any serious attempts to please swtor players I think.

:)