Leathality PVE Spec

Wulalowe

I was considering trying out a Leathality spec since I've only been healing and concealment for most of the characters life.

I was considering something like http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401rcZGhMoZhrbkrMhd.1

Since I keep hearing Leathality still needs to get in and shiv to get TA's every now and then I figured might as well get all you can out of it.

Has anyone tried this spec that can give some input?

Thanks

Waylay would be huge assuming you can often be behind the target since you always run into power issues having a free backstab would help that a ton. This may work. I'm not level 50 yes so I'm not sure. I can tell you I tried Lethality for 3 levels, 35-37 and I had cull the whole time. It was the least fun I have had in this game. It was so much worse than concealment. I had such a hard time killing things quick enough, I had huge energy problems. You just have to waist your first TA on stim boost if you are doing an elite fight which hurts DPS and you have to watch your bar close and hold back on DPS skills or you will run totally out of energy in middle of the fight. It is far worse than concealment. Concealment was nerfed for PVE, which blows. But Lethality is totally broken from what I can tell, which is way worse.

Anyway, I think this build will help with the power issues, but I don't think it would be better and it will be less fun. Just my thoughts.

Needs devouring microbes.

^_^ You don't 'need' the additonal 30% in most cases, depending on what you want on your rotation. Agreeably, the 31pt. shot is a nice dps boost for 2 of your abilities over a long fight.

I tend to find the kolto injection TA a waste of time in the Lethality tree, so I opted out. Instead I chose the defense bonus, since Aoe's can hurt.

why are u putting 2 point into incisive action (-0.5s on kolto injection)

if u are doing pve? :confused:

Incisive action can actually be pretty useful in pve. Lets you start pulls with two TA's and stim boost already up. There are also several fights in operations where your offheals can be extremely useful (Soa, Foreman Crusher, etc), at least in Nightmare

Lethality is a melee dps.

You need to run in and shiv, end of story.

Well I wasn't looking to use it "instead" of shiv, i was looking at it as a way to get another free TA when you need to throw an emergency heal out.

I was just hearing everyone complaining about no way to proc TA's at range as leathality and didn't want to go 18 points into the medicine tree to get the "Medical Engineering" skill, feeling that would REALLY be getting away from the dmg and more of a pvp heal/dps build.

Also the reason i didn't go into devouring microbes as others suggested is, if Leathality IS a melee tree, I would rather have harder hitting back stabs and shiv's (consealed attacks + surgical strikes + 9% cunning) over 15% extra dmg to poison ticks only when the mob is down to the last 30% life.

Weakening blast is nice and i will give you that, but once again it's only 30% additional dmg to the poison ticks, not 30% dmg to everything. If it was a 30% armor pen debuff like acid blade, now you have my attention.

Anyway I wanted to thank all of you for your input, it gives me something to think about. I was just curious if anyone had tried the spec but it sounds like no one has so maybe ill try it out and see.

Edited by Wulalowe

I tend to find the kolto injection TA a waste of time in the Lethality tree, so I opted out. Instead I chose the defense bonus, since Aoe's can hurt.

Popping off a self heal before starting a fight to activate TA is handy without the need to run in and shiv the target.