Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Stop making female gear have bare midrifts!

Mandilio

I have the feeling some people in this thread need to familiarize themselves with the Star Wars genre. This isn't middle earth, where the solid steel of your breastplate was the only thing between you and a sharp sword. This is science fiction, where portable shield generators became so good that people had to learn to use vibroswords because blasters became ten shades of useless. Edited by Miaxi

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the feeling some people in this thread need to familiarize themselves with the Star Wars genre. This isn't middle earth, where the solid steel of your breastplate was the only thing between you and a sharp sword. This is science fiction, where portable shield generators became so good that people had to learn to use vibroswords because blasters became ten shades of useless.

Just a justification to keep swordfighting in a science fantasy universe, because sword fighting is more romantic than abunch of failed futile attempts at trying to travel faster than light (which is impossible).

Just a justification to keep swordfighting in a science fantasy universe, because sword fighting is more romantic than abunch of failed futile attempts at trying to travel faster than light (which is impossible).

Or, you know, shield generators could be a game mechanic that needed an explanation, not the other way around.

While my wife doesnt play swtor (she plays other games). She does watch me play (we sit 2 feet apart) and has stated that the only armor she has seen that she likes are the jedi midriff ones and the dance/slave girl outfits.

Just to be clear not all females dislike the more sexy outfits.

you should see her characters in rift running around in thong/stockings and a bikini top ( she had to grind faction just to get the top)!

With regard the bikini armor and half tops there is not that many around.

Republic/Imperial Dancer's Outfit

Slave Costume

Half top I have only seen

Aspiring Jedi Knight Top (which is medium armor which a friend of mine is wearing on her smuggler)

The rest are not that way.

There are other social items that are just regular armor like the Elegant Outfit you can get from Corsuant .

And all these items are modable so the armor and the stats are the same no matter whether it is a full body armor or a dancer's top.

What someone else's wears has no bearing on you. There are different outfits because different people like different things.

You don't like the dancer's top or the aspiring knight top then don't wear it. Simple solution.

And yes I am a girl and yes I am tired of my BF in game having a "movie clip romance " every 5th quest series and my female has yet to be "laid" in game..

Not sure what classes you're playing, but so far, my female smuggler has gotten more action than any other toon yet, including my male ones.

On topic, firstly, as others have said, there seriously is barely any gear that exposes a lot of skin. Indeed, some of it is so bulky it seems totally impractical for combat as it is.

As for pics earlier in the thread showing female jedi in the movies with clothing showing skin, well, afaik this game doesn't exactly stay true to jedi anyways. Maybe someone can prove me wrong, but I don't recall seeing any jedi normally wearing actual armor in battle. All the jedi I can recall seeing have wrn robes, or leather at most. They rely on lightsabers and agility to fight, so aside from modesty they could be fighting naked for all it mattered. Well, either modesty or to keep the dangly parts from flopping about.

In fact the only force user I've ever seen wear anything remotely resembling armor (to my memory), is Darth Vader.

I say we even this out a bit.

If the female have their midriffs exposed and have the slave girl outfits, then the men should have the same.

I'd like to see male gear that has no top to it, and a male version of the slave dancer outfit.

Fair is fair lads....I'm sick of seeing my male characters, covered head to toe, in gear. >_>

Edited by JediElf

Sith Femail Assassin Tank in a mix of the Slave Biking social outfit

Do slaves typically go biking in the Star Wars universe?

@OP:

There are plenty of choices without the bare midriff. My Sentinel wears a piece like that, however, and almost always will. I like how it looks.

Why is this even a discussion. :S

Remove armor options from the game? How about, no.

Stop making content and armor options that players might like? :S NO!

No one is forcing anyone to wear anything, having different armor options in a game isn't sexist or racist or whatever ist you wanna use. What? I'm spose to wear a skirt that goes down to my ankles because that's the only thing you like the look of? Not just me, but everyone else as well >_> How controlling is that. People need to stop using 'ist' or 'ism's for everything they simply don't like the look of.

This, with a vengeance. If someone doesn't like bare midriff armor they shouldn't equip it, enough said.

Swtor is so classist!

I have looked all over and i can not find a middrift top for my trooper (not counting the slave outfit)!

I demand heavy armor for my trooper that has her middle showing! Equal armor options for all classes!

No troopers can wear the medium armor jedi one its restricted to class.

Seriously. Where's some bare midriff for my Imperial Agent? Hook me up! :p

Medium Marauder Armour remodded does the trick quite well. That particular piece is avalablew in heavy and medium... Laughably the medium one i saw yesterday in the AH is pink... Eyesburn added. God i like my Clan Varad SWAT-Suit :)

• 1 month later...

What I find tragically hilarious is that I came upon this thread LOOKING for more midriff armor.

I guess OP should have rolled a 'pub instead of an imp.

Srsly, the real suggestion should be to even out the 'looks' of armor a little more between both sides. Sure leave the 'real sithy' and 'real jedi-y' gears alone but allow more variance in between.

I don't think any endgame armour should have bare midriffs but there's nothing wrong with an orange piece here or there having a bare midriff so long as just it's a few to let people have their fun with and not many.

LOL.

Sith Femail Assassin Tank in a mix of the Slave Biking social outfit and the Twi'lek dancer security kiosk outfit. Yeah, I tank in a bikini. Does it make sense from a roleplay perspective, nope. But I think it's funny, and that's all that matters since it's my account.

Obviously, as I get better gear, the bikini will go away, but what ever, it's fun for now.

Personally, I'm fine with players having this option, but there is a lack of options on the other end of the spectrum, especially for light armor wearers, and that selection is even more barren for light armor wearing companions.

• 6 months later...
Coming from a girl's prespective who has a Female Sith Sorcerer (50), I love getting to show my midriff, and I love some pieces that cover all of me as well. There are a lot of choices out there, so find a chest piece you like and then use it and stop complaining about it :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.