Change the Daily PVP quest please

Zeghrem

Use objective points instead of wins. Make it 30k objective points or so. A single well executed match could easily award 12k objective points and for others they can still get 4-5k points. I'm really tired of having to go 3 hours and win 1 match since others can't grasp how things work or we get set up against pre-mades filled with BM's.

Change the Ilum daily to something else why your at it. Something else a bit more constructive so I don't have to waste my time chilling in the base while the 50 people of the other faction hang just outside of it.

I like this idea.

It would fix some of the fights. And it will give those solo defender......who sit there an entire match not seeing any action a few points as well.

They just got to fix the rewarding objective points in VS and HB better.

Edited by Roks

They need to do something since they can't figure out how to make wins count for they daily quest. 4 hours of wzs with 3 wins yet only 1 counts. That *********** blows when it happens day after day. How they can't do a compare or tally for wins in the code is beyond me. I will write the code if they need since they can't seem to get it.

Good idea.... except objective points don't actually award people correctly. Especially in Voidstar.

I'm sure they could easily fix that and make it a workable method. Would be great to have people playing the field then treating it like a deathmatch.

Good idea.... except objective points don't actually award people correctly. Especially in Voidstar.

QFT, you don't seem get points for planting a bomb in voidstar or scoring in huttball. If those aren't worthy of objective points then I don't know what is.

like the idea... oh wait, as a healer i can't get objective points in voidstar or Huttball without permanently shooting at someone...

maybe i don't like the idea..

great idea at heart but objective points don't indicate anything usefull at the moment so rather no.

I'm sure they could easily fix that and make it a workable method. Would be great to have people playing the field then treating it like a deathmatch.

Just like they can easily fix WZ wins not counting towards the weekly/daily?

As someone in another similar thread put it:

"Require a certain number of Medals for the Daily."

NO, medal farmers are annoying enough because they do not care about actually winning... they need their "solo kill" medal, etc or are off in a corner eating their life and healing themselves contributing nothing....

Not to mention some classes can easily get 10-12 medals a match while others can only get at most 5 or 6 because they cant heal or protect, etc... it is not a level playing field otherwise I would be in agreement.

If they fixed objective points in Huttball and Voidstar that woudl work fairly well actually, especially if they made the objective points be awarded for something the team needs to be doing anyway to win (like plant the bomb, score, assist, etc.)

As someone in another similar thread put it:

"Require a certain number of Medals for the Daily."

That would be ok if it didn't just promote solo play instead of team play. The maps are not deathmatch style. Getting 400k damage 300k healing but still losing the match isn't effective means of doing a daily. Medals are epeen.

Healing the ball carrier, protecting the ball carrier, scoring, hell even passing(at a 1/10 ratio to scoring) all make good options to getting Objective points.

Protecting doors, remaining doors left, placing bombs and/or destroying doors, disarming bombs, Interrupting bomb placements(1/10 ratio to placing/destroying) all would make good objective point options.

I'm sure there are more objective options. Making an incentive to try and win would go leagues better then 'just win'. I'm tired of wasting so much time for a single win. I'm tired of people who leave as soon as one door or score is made. If people made an effort to work as a team to win I wouldn't even be asking for a change. Clearly this is to much to ask. Quest tally auto-updating as you gain objective points would be a plus but not required.

Use objective points instead of wins. Make it 30k objective points or so. A single well executed match could easily award 12k objective points and for others they can still get 4-5k points. I'm really tired of having to go 3 hours and win 1 match since others can't grasp how things work or we get set up against pre-mades filled with BM's.

I would support this. The Daily is a Weekly for me. I've won 1 out of 10 games today. I just can't do this anymore. It's so frustrating that I don't want to play anymore.

Edited by karcyon

The suggestion has been made to make the daily/weekly medal based rather than wins. A good argument has been voiced against that stating that it would deteriorate team play which is probably correct. Consider the following:

Remove valor/commendation/credit bonus for winning. Instead provide 5 medals to each person on the winning team, which would in turn boost their valor back to that of a "winner" and would also encourage team play to win since the extra 5 medals would go towards the daily/weekly.

Make it participation based daily = 4 warzones participated in

I like it but I just keep thinking of people who will come into the match and just afk in the corner. Objective points are pretty much warzone participation with actual execution of that participation instead of simply being in the area. I would be more for this if I knew there was a more reliable way of handling the rampant afk's that would happen after the patch.

Im just going to say this first I avg 7-11 Medals a game.

I think the medals should be taken out of WZ's just provide extra valor/credits to the winning team. That would promote team play and you wouldnt see medal farming. I would even say keep the mvp vote for extra valor. This wold also help out the healers and there lack of medals for just healing.

The daily is fine the way it is if the changes above would be made.

Edited by Sanwa

Make it participation based daily = 4 warzones participated in

**sigh** Yet another victim of our "Everyone Gets a Trophy" society...

Make sure you don't bring any cupcakes unless you have enough to give to ALL the Republic and EVERY Imperial!

No thanks.... I don't need more AFK'ers in my WZ

Edited by RJChief

I would support this. The Daily is a Weekly for me. I've won 1 out of 10 games today. I just can't do this anymore. It's so frustrating that I don't want to play anymore.

Agreed. I didn't bother subbing after the free month because of the disgusting loss ratio due to all the well documented reasons as a republic PvPer. However, a number of friends convinced me to come back and play if for no other reason than to hang out and PvP when I'm on.

I've decided that my goal is to complete the daily twice a week. Why? Not because that's what I want; but because getting three wins in a day as a republic player on my server could take 8+ hours. Unfortunately, a career and wife don't allow that amount of time.

BW truly needs to do something to motivate republic PvPers. The PvP "journey", as people like to call it on this forum, is not fun. A revolving door of three warzones, generally dominated by Sith players, is not a journey, it is a Star Wars version of Groundhog day.....but less amusing.