1.1.2 PVP Bag Changes. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! (official quote inside)

AndantePhist

Arg, didn't see the clearifications until right now. And to think I just opened 15 bags this week so far and got nothing but cent marks. So...that makes me nearly rank 59 with 2 pieces of champ gear. I am so lucky!

edit. I did NOT exploit Ilum like everyone else did, I was away that week. DOH!

Edited by fixit

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen guys, I know you're probably angry about being farmed by people that played the game more or played it more astutely.

But you wont take anything away from me. You can be angry about not having gear, or you can get on the game and get it like everyone else did/is, but the only person you're going to hinder or help is yourself.

I don't care that I don't have full champ gear yet. Quite frankly, I am not sure what everyone is so rushed for? There is nothing to do at end game other than continue to WZ and travel to Ilum for 10 minutes a day *shrug*

So I guess people are rushing and freaking out for full champ or BM so they can...continue playing on three contrived maps and "PvP" lol.

It's all good. I don't really care what BW does one way or the other. I'm not "invested" in the game the way I have been via PvP in other games. Probably because there is zero OPvP here. I don't consider Huttball PvP :) And I most certainly don't consider Ilum to be anything remotely close to actual PvP.

Edited by Jaiyne

ARGH! I think all thenew fifties, after the bracket install, qq'ing about bags, need to have their ******s bound by razor wire. Such suffering is the only way I'll feel vindicated for the nearly 2 months of pain.

Alternatively, drop us some comms commensurate with the grind so many of us have been continuing in the face of an RNG system. Show that those of us who have suffered in silence have not done so in vane. We could have cried, some have, we could have quit, as others before us, but instead we stayed the course while gnashing our teeth and hoping for a fix.

Not that anything above is going to make a difference. At least the plight of us lucky launch grinders has been stated. Boo to the hoo hoo's who get butt hurt because it's hard. You have no idea.

how the **** does this help any of the BM's out there?

It doesn't. And, Zoeller (or whatever) admitted that is where the patch comes up short. The BM boxes are still on the 25% RNG. Based on his explanation, making a change for the BM Boxes requires more effort on BW's part because there is no existing BM commendations vendor mechanic that is presently live. Making the adjustment for the Cent and Champ gear was easy because their was a pre-existing vendor comms mechanic. Now BW has to implement a similar system for BM gear. That's my take on his explanation anyway.

It's not fair to BMs, or soon to pop BMs, so I feel your pain. RNG is garbage at any tier. It needs to be completely removed. BMs should have the same gear progression certainty as Cents and Champs. Hopefully this comes through in the following patch.

Should we though? (be saving bags)

This is a good question. If you have no Champ pieces at all, the RNG route may be a worthwhile gamble. Being a gambler myself, I would be opening those bags now if I were a fresh 50. The chance to get multiple pieces of gear in one week's bag run is high and there is very little chance that you will see duplicates.

On the other hand, those that have near full Champ sets are better off hoarding bags until Tuesday to get the exact pieces they are missing.

Want to make sure that positive feedback is given when it is due. Bioware, this change to PvP bags is a good idea and should greatly help new 50s have a steady progression of acquiring early PvP gear. I want to have a continuous stream of new 50s to compete against. This should help remove the huge entry barrier that exists in the current system that I believe would lead to a lot of people canceling and thus greatly diminishing the pool of players to compete against in PvP.

Took me about 5-6 weeks to get almost full Champ PvP Gear. In a MMO I think that's pretty good!

Do people want it on they're first day? The main reason I do PvP at all is to get the bags, if i'm not going to be needing to do the dailys I wont have any reason to do the PvP. (Since it's pretty boring and takes 3 hours to do a daily on Ilum)

Took me about 5-6 weeks to get almost full Champ PvP Gear. In a MMO I think that's pretty good!

Do people want it on they're first day? The main reason I do PvP at all is to get the bags, if i'm not going to be needing to do the dailys I wont have any reason to do the PvP. (Since it's pretty boring and takes 3 hours to do a daily on Ilum)

Yeah, but your not guaranteed loot....rng isn't as kind to some people and we could open 20 bags in a row and end up getting either nothing at all or duplicates of items we already have. Atleast this patch is a step in the right direction for steady pvp progression and not the lotto it is now.

you only do pvp to get pvp gear for something you find boring? so once you get your pvp gear you quit? pvp to you is just putting items on your character?

As someone who just opened 22 Battlemaster bags without receiving a single token, I would like to add that these changes do nothing for me.

Can someone who's good at math tell me what the odds are of going another 22 BM bags without a token, assuming an alleged drop rate of 25%?

1/4^22 ~~ roughly 1 in 17 quadrillion, the same as your chances of going that to begin with.

Given a forum population on the order of 1 million, which we'll assume for generosity all have hit BM, the chances of this event occurring to any forum player is less than 1 in 1 million. We can thus conclude with high confidence that the BM drop rate is not currently 25%, or not independently random, if your anecdote is true.

This is a much better explanation than previously given. Not a bad change, I think it will make things a bit better once some of the newer 50s get a few pieces. Question is, has or when will 1.1.2 go live?

Yes...is fantastic new for ppl that actually have earned their pieces by grinding to rank 54 until they got the whole set, and now almost 60 and probably will use as long time getting BM gear so ppl can whine in a month that its to hard to get so BW can "give" it to them :p

1/4^22 ~~ roughly 1 in 17 quadrillion, the same as your chances of going that to begin with.

Given a forum population on the order of 1 million, which we'll assume for generosity all have hit BM, the chances of this event occurring to any forum player is less than 1 in 1 million. We can thus conclude with high confidence that the BM drop rate is not currently 25%, or not independently random, if your anecdote is true.

wouldn't it be 0.75^22 since he's saying chance of not getting one in the next 22 bags, and the chance of not getting one is 0.75.

0.75^22 = 0.00178 = 0.178% or approximately 1/500 chance this will happen to him.

so, the chance is still small, but not unlikely considering a population of several hundred thousand players.

Edited by GhostTown

wouldn't it be 0.75^22 since he's saying chance of not getting one in the next 22 bags, and the chance of not getting one is 0.75.

0.75^22 = 0.00178 = 0.178% or approximately 1/500 chance this will happen to him.

so, the chance is still small, but not unlikely considering a population of several hundred thousand players.

I must have been up way too late when I posted that. Thank you for the accurate correction.

It's not fair to BMs, or soon to pop BMs, so I feel your pain. RNG is garbage at any tier. It needs to be completely removed. BMs should have the same gear progression certainty as Cents and Champs. Hopefully this comes through in the following patch.

I see pretty easy solution.

Increase cost of all BM items x4.

Change 25% RNG crap into 100% chance for BM commendation.

Voila - problem solved and from system point of view there is no change in BM equipment obtaining speed.

terrible change. Gear was already too easy to get. I had full champ at valor 52 and several pieces on my companions. Now its just free for everyone instantly.

Yeah. Now you might have to actually practice so you can beat people who are on equal footing instead of depending on doing more damage and taking less then them.

I like how your reply has nothing to do with what he said.

The term "Welfare" indicates that there is something deragatory about getting gear without having to lose one's real life.

The idea that a "game" should have a "work ethic" that allows people to feel that they somehow deserve to win more because they ground more is stupid. PVP should be about reflexes, timing, and teamwork. Not gear acquisition.

terrible change. Gear was already too easy to get. I had full champ at valor 52 and several pieces on my companions. Now its just free for everyone instantly.

I had 3 champ pieces at valor 59. Its different for everyone. Really bad arguement.

Good change imo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.