The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How do juggs get away with useing Jaesa....

Whiteskull

I try and use her and i have to rest every other fight sometimes 3rd fight and after ever silver mob as well.

yet with quinn i can go non stop with 0 downtime and only kill a little slower.

I am veng spec so i do good dps, is the immortal line the only way to use her?

I tried that spec up to the low 20s and found it lacking. Do i just need to give it longer to shine?

I used quinn as vengeance. As you said, his healing is top notch and your dps is great.

Immortal spec, however, doesn't need heals as much, and could use help with dps. If you gear jaesa out, she is a beast. You do have some downtime. Maybe every 2 or 3 pulls you regen for 4 or 5 ticks. But then you're back into it.

And immortal, like most other builds, won't really shine until mid-late 20s. If you have any interest in it, try it again later on. I really enjoyed leveling as immortal. You do some decent dps, but you can take on an army.

Running dailies on my Immortal spec I use Jaesa. Only have to stop and heal every 4-5 fights. I've tried going back and using Quinn (haven't used him since I picked up Jaesa) and it just seems slower. Jaesa is moderately well geared out but not exceptionally, and she still puts out really nice DPS. The few seconds it takes for me to heal up every few fights is MUCH more than made up by the speed we chew through mobs.

While I'm not much into the RP side, I like having an "apprentice" around and the whole bit with Quinn's story late game kinda irked me. Nother reason for Jaesa.

I leveled 1-50 immortal spec (ok, 10-50) and used Vette till I got Jaesa. Once I got Jaesa the only time I didn't use her was when I *had* to use Quinn soloing champ mobs, heroic 2 quests, or area 4 quests.

I hate Quinn AND his mole.

Even really well geared u need to stop and heal every other fight - but if you give her good gear and a great saber you end fights WAY quicker with Jaesa than you do with Quinn so it kinda breaks even.

All down to preference really.

what i did was go back to say bt or athiss or one of the other lowlvl fp's and get her some moddable gear and if you look hard enough you can get every peice of her gear as moddabl bracers belt also then keep the mods lvl appropriate and of course keep yours at lvl and atleast blue and i only stop to heal after a 2 elite fight or multiple silvers jeasa and i have even taken out the odd champion be sure to keep guard on her and she can tank a silver or an elite if you taunt it every so often now on the hardest fights say baras2 you will either need reusable medpacs or use quinn now and again i even rotate her out with peirce who also has all moded gear just have to take his tanking abilities off other wise hell taunt everything and die quickly broonmark is another option samething moddable and take tanking abilities off in the end all your companions are viable as a constant sidekick now i have stopped using quin his betrayal really irks me and i wish i had a way to either kill him or demote him and promote peirce the bastard

oh and btw ive never used any spec other than immortal i do however have swappable gear for tanking and questing the questing gear has dps mods in it

Edited by axevior

what i did was go back to say bt or athiss or one of the other lowlvl fp's and get her some moddable gear and if you look hard enough you can get every peice of her gear as moddabl bracers belt also then keep the mods lvl appropriate and of course keep yours at lvl and atleast blue and i only stop to heal after a 2 elite fight or multiple silvers jeasa and i have even taken out the odd champion be sure to keep guard on her and she can tank a silver or an elite if you taunt it every so often now on the hardest fights say baras2 you will either need reusable medpacs or use quinn now and again i even rotate her out with peirce who also has all moded gear just have to take his tanking abilities off other wise hell taunt everything and die quickly broonmark is another option samething moddable and take tanking abilities off in the end all your companions are viable as a constant sidekick now i have stopped using quin his betrayal really irks me and i wish i had a way to either kill him or demote him and promote peirce the bastard

oh and btw ive never used any spec other than immortal i do however have swappable gear for tanking and questing the questing gear has dps mods in it

You can also just go to NarShadaa and buy the slave girl outfit for her. You can then mod everything you want. You do need social rank 2 to use that outfit.

** this applies to vengance and immortal, I don't know about Rage **

Jaesa is very cooldown intensive, because you need her to take a bit of damage, then taunt things off her, then pop dmg-reduction cooldowns, use interrupts, and burn hard before you run out of health (being Biochem really helps). I used Jaesa from the moment I got her (b/c Quinn is a whiner and dark Jaesa is wonderful) until I finished the class quest without reaching anything I couldn't get through, but you will have to play hard and well to beat double silver pulls and gold + adds pulls, plus you'll end up channelling hatred after most pulls w/ a silver, or after 2-3 normal mob pulls. Playing w/ Jaesa requires mastery of stuns/interrupts, taunting, cooldown useage, and good rotations including exploiting PvE abilities like kick and pommel strike.

With Quinn, you will not have to use a single cooldown unless you are solo'ing Heroic 2+ content (feasible) or accidentally pull 2+ groups (also feasible). You will kill things slower b/c Quinn DPS is garbage and Jaesa is SICK dps, but you will not have to channel hatred after each pull b/c you'll easymode through everything with full health (just slower).

TL;DR: Jaesa and Quinn both viable, both take about the same amount of time to get through content, but Quinn is much easier and allows you to do much harder content if you are good with interrupts/cooldown usage/stuns.

I find Vette to be better DPS than Jaesa, when equipped equivalently. Jaesa spends too much time running around, and has too many DoT abilities.

I find that outside of heroics, that it's faster to use Vette and heal every few fights. I stay in soresu form generally.

I only bust quinn out for doing heroics. It's nice, as he shares the same gear as vette, so I don't have to keep multiple companion gear updated. The bad part is you need to keep a spare shirt/pants/shoes around for him, else he stands on the bridge of your ship in boxers.

Any rage juggs get away with using Jaesa? I find that for regular fights I can keep Jaesa around, but for elite and bosses I struggle and die a lot unless I roll with Quinn. Kind of annoying I like having two saber-users. I'm not biochem tho so maybe that's the issue? Don't wanna switch just yet as cybertech is my bread and butter, maybe when I hit end game content, so am I stuck with Quinn going forward? I just started act3 btw. Edited by Xtrema

I try and use her and i have to rest every other fight sometimes 3rd fight and after ever silver mob as well.

I tried that spec up to the low 20s and found it lacking. Do i just need to give it longer to shine?

It's all about the spec. Rage or vengence you need the heals ,Immortal you want the DPS

Keeping her gear updated helps immensely. While leveling, I used Quinn and Vette about equally from the end of Balmorra onward. Vette for most leveling and quests, Quinn if I felt like I needed more survivability and I needed more time to outlast something (such as the class quest on Ald where you defend some Organa troops) Once I got Jaesa, I didn't touch Quinn again until Ilum. Jaesa was my main companion from that point onward, and I would sub in Vette if I felt I needed the ranged dps (i.e. on boss fights, where having a ranged turret is more valuable, especially during some of the later class quest fights).

Honestly, Jaesa is a beast when geared correctly. Really, any of the companions are, although you'll be hard pressed to find a Jugg that uses Broonmark or Pierce very often, if at all. The advantage Quinn has (in my experience) is against anything that has some kind of stacking debuff or DoT that Quinn can remove. Then the combination of his healing and cleansing makes fights like that almost trivial. Vette is key when you need high dps but can't risk bringing a melee due to errant aoe's (the little flame turrets dropped by oh-so-many mobs come to mind). Jaesa is for situations where you need to kill something quickly. As it stands now, a single Power Strike from Jaesa can almost wipe a standard mob, and she and I will tear a gold down before I've lost about 1/4 of my health (unless it's a gold that stacks DoT's on me, at which point I'll end with 1/3-1/2 life, but with Quinn those guys aren't even a consideration).

was thinking the same, lv 49 immortal now and i've been using jaesa ever since i got her and never bothered with quinn anymore....you just need to make it a habit to use that channel hatred button after every fight for 1-2 secs and you're good..

i'm not convinced that it goes faster with quinn than with jaesa too.

I was able to use Jaesa as vengeance. I would alternate between interrupts, force choke, force push, and other stuns in order to keep the mobs from casting. For elites, I would send in Jaesa first to tank for a little bit to soak up some of the damage. For two silvers, I would have her tank one and then have the both of us kill the one attacking me first, then we would switch to the other one. It was definitely harder than it is now as immortal. Oh, and I used a ton of medpacks.

It boggles my mind when I hear Juggs/Guardians complain about "downtime" or resting taking too much time from grinding. It's 15 seconds, and rarely if ever takes the full 15 to heal to full! Good lord, are people THAT impatient?!

With the exception of dying far less on my Sin, I agree - I have to rest a lot more on my Sin ironically enough :p